30 minutes a day.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ethan, Sep 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ethan

Ethan Emo

I am asking is it possible for the Jr.mods+ to be on Devinity servers to be for at least 30 minuntes each day. You are probably wondering why. The Devinity server is filled with a lot of assholes, and rule breakers, but most of the time, the staff is not on to do about it. Sure we can make a ban request, but sometime it is harder than you think. If someone is disrespecting you through the mic, it is going to take awhile to set up to record, they could have stopped by then. If a staff was on, there would be less likely of people being rude, because they don't want to get kicked, nor banned. We also need staff to tell some people the rules. Earlier today, I had to argue with this guy, so he could stop trucing. Yes I could have made a ban request, but I could not get a good screenshot of it. I tried to vote kick him multiple times, but not everyone wanted to. This is not the first time it happens. It happened multiples time where I had to explain to them what trucing is, but they kept on denying it. They all had one thing in common. THEY WANTED TO HEAR IT FROM THE STAFF. But the staff is never on. (When I say never, I don't really mean it.) I get it if some is busy and can't be on for the day especially right now, since school is starting, and adults is going to be at work more. I would have said at least 1 hour, but I find that to much. Also this will put more stress onto the staff, but at least check on the ban request everyday. I know that the 2 main people that looks at the ban request is, Decap and Rick, but maybe you can open it up to trusted moderators. Rodgers, is already helping out, so you can add more, and Dawson would be a great fit. I know he is not gonna be on the forums for awhile, but once he come back he should be allowed to.

TLDR: I am highly suggesting staff to be on for at least 30 minutes a day, and check ban request everyday.

2. Firedraft

Firedraft Devine Member Silver VIP

As far as I know, ban request are taking a day to 2 days to be dealt with. Which isn't a bad thing at all. As of right now, It's Decap and Alex. Decap request for help and suggest 3 people to help as far as I know. Although nothing happened yet. Since Decap is on a break, ban request will slow down.

-Snipped- Different point of view now.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  3. Ethan

Ethan Emo

Although it isn't always necessary, it would be great to have active staff members. Yes I know that staff have lives and can be busy with other stuff, and sometime can't get on for a day up to weeks, but if you have just a bit of free time, maybe you can hop on to one of the 5 servers, and patrol it, to make sure everything is going dandy.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jeffreythe00

jeffreythe00 Dreamer

Believe it or not but 30 minutes a day is a lot to ask. You really can't expect someone who is already volunteering their time to make a habit out of it. Thats just absurd. Thats why its volunteering because you do it when you can or when you feel like it. If Devinity "did" require people to volunteer 30 minutes a day, what do you suggest the penalty be if they fail? There are times where you "just can't get on". Staff are players like you and I who devote their time to make the game a better place when it's convenient for them. If I were to be penalized for "Not playing" I just wouldn't play period.

Now don't get me wrong, I got the point which is "We need active staff" and it is true. Though requiring already existing staff to spend more time is not the way about getting the issue solved. I've "always" said "We can never really have too many staff" and this is true to a point. Too many staff has its drawbacks and finding quality staff members with free time to spend is like buying scratch off tickets (You buy 30 but only get a few winners). Right now with school Devinity is severely shorthanded so a lot of them are busy. So what I think is needed is more people get promoted to staff to kind of fill in the gaps. It doesn't hurt to have some "non-quality" staff fill in the gaps as much as it does to have little to none. This is stuff that I would have normally talked to @Bayrock about but that doesn't happen anymore.

I understand posting ban requests is tedious because you are "required" to post evidence but I assure you there is reward in doing so. It may not seem like it but there is because you're able to alert admins of potential malicious players, get those players off the server for a brief amount of time and alert them that "Hey man, you're breaking the rules". Its sort of a community service thing. So be diligent in doing so :)

Trust me, ban requests do not put more stress on staff. Its actually more stressful for you to write them and add all your evidence than it is for a staff to review it. I'm confident that it doesn't take more than 10 minutes to reply to a couple ban requests assuming all of the evidence is good and to the point. (Milage may vary here and I'm basing this off personal experience). Just remember too that these are also volunteer work so some "may" go unanswered for a few days.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Bayrock

Bayrock Founder & Developer Staff Member Founder

Discord:
    Bayrock#2940
    We can't force staff to be active at all times, but we do enforce the idea that staff should be active on a regular basis. It's about time for us to sift through the staff apps again, so maybe we'll get a few more helping hands to lighten the load then.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Ethan

Ethan Emo

I know you can't force staff to be on. Yesterday I was just so annoyed about that one guy trucing. Calling me a cunt, every time I try to explain to him the rule.

7. Ethan

Ethan Emo

Thanks for the comment! After reading, this there was some stuff I should have edited in there.

8. Jacob

Jacob John Serving Cena Cakes

Sorry for being inactive in-game guys. It's just hard. School started, and I moved to a new house. But, I am supposed to get internet tomorrow so I will be able to get on hopefully. I can't help but feel it is also my fault for not being on.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Ethan

Ethan Emo

No problem Jacob! The internet better be fast bruh.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. jeffreythe00

jeffreythe00 Dreamer

No worries Jacob :)

11. Noriaki Cocaine

Noriaki Cocaine Devine Member

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    exotranc#3653
    Ah, damn. fuck me man, I am pretty inactive on the servers. I'll try to go on more.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Ethan

Ethan Emo

It's alright.

13. classic

classic Community Member Platinum VIP

Hopefully you and I get staff flopp D:

14. Ethan

Ethan Emo

I don't care about getting staff, I just want the staff to be more active.

15. classic

classic Community Member Platinum VIP

We all do, but they are all pretty busy...

16. Rick

Rick female nipple Gold VIP

Our staff team is now probably at an all time peak in terms of continuous activity on the servers, granted there isn't always somebody on, but we shouldn't have to ask the staff to be active, they should do it on their own terms, donating as much of their valuable time as they wish (Within reason), and we should be as flexible with individuals as we can possibly be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.