A way to stop unnecessary damage

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod: Flood' started by Noriaki Cocaine, Jul 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noriaki Cocaine

Noriaki Cocaine Devine Member

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    exotranc#3653
    I had previously suggested this in this thread, but I believe that this is a new idea that does not pertain to the original post.

Now, this idea is meant to maximize the amount of health you have when starting the battle phase. As you all know, the phase right before the battle phase when the map becomes filled is capable of damaging you if are in the water. My proposition is to simply make it so that you do not take damage from the water in this short phase so that there is no unexpected loss of health from a variety of reasons, including the falling through your boat physics oversight or maybe some props dipping too low into the water for a split-second once it starts going up (e.g. vending machine cover).

Of course, the repercussions mean that many players who do not have a boat can continue to cause damage at the start of a battle phase at no expense. The way to fix that is to kill all players that have no props spawned that are not in a team when the battle phase begins.

One issue about this 'fix' that has already been brought up is that anyone can just spawn one prop and continue to cause a lot of damage to boats once the battle phase begins. In my opinion, this can be easily circumvented through regular play. If someone is wary of a player using this tactic, they could go to great lengths such as using the sledgehammer to kill them to avoid heavy boat damage. I'm still looking for feedback about this, however.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mapplesauce

Mapplesauce twentyseven character title

buy one toilet paper prop > spawn in > wait for battle phase > go from a distance and shoot rockets/grenades at every boat

this would kill and harm more people than do the opposite IMO, one of the main points of the water rising is to counter exactly this

rather than the water dealing no damage at all I suggest everyone gaining more health than 100 at the beginning of the game, the actual health supplement amount has to be perfect so that a person will still die if they don't have a boat but people who struggle to get on the boat will not, once battle phase starts everyone whos health is still above 100 will reset to 100 and anyone under will retain their amount

ec: water rises, everyones health is at 140, people who are afk or want to troll without a boat still die because the water deals more than 140 by the end of the water rise phase (keep in mind I only used 140 as a placeholder, it likely isn't the actual amount), a person who fell through their boat will take 30 damage before getting on their boat thereby having a health of 110, once battle phase starts their health will be 100 again

this eliminates the possibility of trolling and using no boat and also eliminates the main issue: letting people who fell through their boat still retain 100 health

• Agree Agree x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.