Idea Airdrop

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod: Flood' started by Kolser, Oct 8, 2016.

?

Do you want Airdrop to be added in-game?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kolser

Kolser Cheeki Breeki Silver VIP

Idea: Introduce a random spawning entity that can be opened to receive tokens/cosmetics/cash loot.
    ~
    Details:
    * It will spawn only during the Battle Phase;
    * Airdrop will spawn in a random part of the map;
    * This entity has a 5% chance of spawning every 1 minute during the battle phase (?);
    * The chance of spawning will increase every 1 minute (e.g: 1 min - 5%, 2 mins - 10% etc) (?);

* Anyone can open Airdrop by pressing "E";
    * Airdrop will be similar to the "Pirate Chest" as it will contain random loot;
    * This random loot can be: Cash-Tokens-Cosmetic Items;
    * Airdrop is "delivered" by a helicopter;
    * Only 1 Airdrop can be spawned during the Battle Phase (if it spawned).
    ~
    Stats:
    ~
    [​IMG]
    ~

• Like Like x 2
  2. Viral

Viral Devinity's Finest Forger Staff Member Server Moderator Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Hello Kolser, these are the "Positives" and "Negatives" about your suggestion :)

Positives :
    Very Good system, I like the idea of 5% each minute to create a chance of it actually coming down.
    The things inside the airdrop are good, gives newer players a chance to get things they would have to grind for.
    Negatives :
    "* Airdrop will be similar to the "Pirate Chest" as it will contain random loot;" Does this imply there will be negative things, such as a "bad" airdrop.

Overall :

I like this idea and would love to see it implemented so I'm going to +support this idea as I think it would be a new fun thing to add.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Magic Fraps

Magic Fraps Member

Hey Kolser i like you´re idea but reciving COSMETICS THAT COST TOKENS is a bit "weird" since like Viral said you could get amazing like a rainbow fez or 100 bucks it is a great idea but cosmetics are a bit op (if they are pernament) but a +1 from me if the cosmetic idea was tweect with.

4. Kolser

We can still put only <50 tokens cosmetics. Plus, new players would love to get some of the cosmetics (we got quite a big amount of them), right?

5. Seth

Seth That Guy Platinum VIP Gold VIP

I was thinking about something like this the other day while playing a pirate round, yesterday was actually the first time I noticed the chests (they weren't there before). If I were to have a problem with something it would be, like the people above have stated, that there would be the chance of getting some super rare stuff too easily. However, I see that you have posted a solution to that particular problem, but I feel we might be able to solve it better. Perhaps if there were some way to make it still possible to get the super rare cosmetics from the chest, maybe the more tokens it costs in the store, the more rare and hard to get in the chest it will be. The idea of knowing that you could get something that would cost 100 tokens is pretty thrilling, and would probably make people want to fight and battle over these drops.

I give my + support

6. Kolser

Yeah, I like your solution of this "problem". Percentage can decrease from 50% if this cosmetic costs more than 50 tokens and increase if it costs less than 50 tokens. (Heaven's Wrath can have a chance of 1% but Fez can have a chance of ~70% (?)) I'll make a list of drop chance for every cosmetic.

7. Magic Fraps

Magic Fraps Member

Kolser i have to say one thing. anything 50 + shoudnt be avalible or atleast 90 + since that are items you should grind for.

8. Kolser

Airdrop won't be interesting for players who already have cosmetics that cost more than 50 Tokens then.

9. Magic Fraps

Magic Fraps Member

well you can still get like 20 % of the tokens the hat was worth or more idk

10. Kolser

Just remember the fact that airdrop will spawn with a small chance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Kolser

List of the cosmetic items (not VIP ones) and their chance of spawning with Airdrop
    Player models (?):

* Each player model that costs less than 20 tokens (including the ones that cost 20 tokens) (Not including civilians, they won't be in a list of loot) (Breen, Alyx, HEV Suit, Arctic Terrorist, GIGN Soldier, GSG9 Soldier, Ghillie, Gordon, SAS Soldier, Seal-6 Soldier) - 35% chance of being in an Airdrop;
    * Each player model that costs more than 20 tokens but less than 50 tokens (including the ones that cost 50 tokens) (Ferbine, Pilot, Sniper, Spy, US Riot Soldier, Zoidberg, Vaas, Deadpool, Doctor, Lucario, Soap) - 20% chance of being in an Airdrop;
    * Each player model that costs more than 50 tokens but less than 70 tokens (including the ones that cost 70 tokens) (Daedra, Davy Jones, Diver, Ghost Rider) - 10% chance of being in an Airdrop;
    * Each player model that costs more than 70 tokens but less than 80 tokens (including the ones that cost 80 tokens) (Link, Odama, Jack Sparrow) - 5% chance of being in an Airdrop;
    * Finn the Human (90 tokens) - 2% chance of being in an Airdrop.

Hats:
    * Each hat that costs less than 20 tokens (including the ones that cost 20 tokens) (Chef Hat, Fez, Santa Hat, Birthday Hat, Pirate, Cowboy Hat, Pilot Hat, Straw Hat) - 50% chance of being in an Airdrop;
    * Each hat that costs more than 20 tokens but less than 40 tokens (including the ones that cost 40 tokens) (Detective's Hat, Steampunk Hat, Daft Punk 1, Daft Punk 2, Dreads) - 35% chance of being in an Airdrop;
    * Each hat that costs more than 40 tokens but less than 65 tokens (including the ones that cost 65 tokens) (Birdmask Hat, Sailor's Hat, Afro, DeadMau5, Top Hat, Wizard Hat, Billy Hatcher Hat, Tophat) - 15% chance of being in an Airdrop;
    * Rainbow Fez (99 tokens) - 3% chance of being in an Airdrop;
    * Each hat that costs more than 99 tokens but less than 120 tokens (including the ones that cost 120 tokens) (Horse Mask, Samurai Helmet) - 1% chance of being in an Airdrop;
    * Heaven's Wrath (333 tokens) - 0.025% chance of being in an Airdrop (greedy with that one, isn't it?).

Accessories:
    * Each accessory that costs less than 30 tokens (including the ones that cost 30 tokens) (Carrot Nose, Clown Nose, Evil Eye, Combine Mask, Briars Helmet, Horse Figure) - 45% chance of being in an Airdrop;
    * Each accessory that costs more than 30 tokens but less than 40 tokens (including the ones that cost 40 tokens) (Birdmask, Pirate Hook) - 35% chance of being in an Airdrop;
    * Minifig Head (50 tokens) - 20% chance of being in an Airdrop;
    * Each accessory that costs more than 50 tokens but less than 80 tokens (including the ones that cost 80 tokens) (Doge, Elite Helmet) - 10% chance of being in an Airdrop;
    * Obama Mask (100 tokens) - 1% chance of being in an Airdrop.

Body Sets:
    * Each body set cosmetic that costs less than 40 tokens (including the ones that cost 40 tokens) - (Airboat Gun, Rocket, Horse Figure, Jetpack, Link Shield, Link Sword, Left Shinguard, Pirate Hook, Right Shinguard) 30% chance of being in an Airdrop;
    * Each body set cosmetic that costs more than 40 tokens but less than 70 tokens (including the ones that cost 70 tokens) (Armor (Left Bicep), Armor (Left Calf), Armor (Left Forearm, Armor (Left Thigh), Armor (Right Bicep), Armor (Right Calf), Armor (Right Forearm), Armor (Right Thigh), Riot Shield, Combine Vest (Elite), Combine Vest (Nova Propspekt), Combine Vest (Swamp)) - 15% chance of being in an Airdrop;
    * Armor (Vest) (175 tokens) - 0.5% chance of being in an Airdrop.

Miscellaneous:
    * Rage Beacon (120 tokens) - 1% chance of being in an Airdrop.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
  12. Seth

Seth That Guy Platinum VIP Gold VIP

This looks great, thanks for taking the time to make this, it looks good to me. If these airdrops end up happening way too often and then everyone has everything or if it just becomes a problem at all, we could either reduce the percentages of the chances of getting the cosmetics, basically scaling down the percentage chance, or make the chance of an airdrop dropping at all lower, even though it's already pretty low. Remember, that's an IF.

13. Kolser

Oh, my bad, I've forgot that we can have Cash and Tokens as well as Cosmetics. I'll edit my post and reduce the percentage of some items.

14. Magic Fraps

Magic Fraps Member

Kolser, Now i like it since all the % overlap eachother the lower % will be way less possible to drop but you still need to add a VIP section with the VIP hats.

15. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Veteran Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Interesting idea but I'd move to not give cosmetics at all, just the tokens. So players can buy what they want.

16. Kolser

If we're fine with not adding any more weapons for VIP players (so it won't be so p2w), I guess donators can have at least individual cosmetic items.

17. Kolser

Some new players might not know that we got cosmetics; if a player with 0 lvl will get something like Santa Hat or a Shinguard for free, it will probably give him a desire to play more (not sure if tokens can do the same). Plus we won't have a diverse selection of prises then.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Kolser

Furthermore, Airdrop can contain 3 slots for prises (basically 3 items in a line for players to choose~Maybe 2 slots with tokens and 1 with cosmetic; 2 with cash and 1 with tokens) and anyone can take 1 item but not the whole Airdrop (first 3 players get the loot).
    ^But that's too much, isn't it?
    But to cover that idea, the chance of cash spawning in an Airdrop can be increased>

I didn't list amount of cash and Tokens that you can get from the Airdrop:
    Cash:
    * $5,000 - 80% chance of being in an Airdrop (70% if we're alright without this idea);
    * $10,000 - 75% chance of being in an Airdrop (65% if we're alright without this idea);
    * $15,000 - 70% chance of being in an Airdrop (60% if we're alright without this idea);
    * $20,000 - 60% chance of being in an Airdrop (50% if we're alright without this idea);
    * $50,000 - 45% chance of being in an Airdrop (30% if we're alright without this idea);
    * $80,000 - 25% chance of being in an Airdrop (15% if we're alright without this idea);
    * $100,000 - 15% chance of being in an Airdrop (5% if we're alright without this idea).

Not sure if we need to add this ones ^
    Tokens:
    * 5 Tokens - 40% chance of being in an Airdrop;

* 10 Tokens - 30% chance of being in an Airdrop;
    * 20 Tokens - 15% chance of being in an Airdrop;
    * 50 Tokens - 5% chance of being in an Airdrop.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Raven

Raven Member

100k and 80k is a bit too much.In my eyes the max should be 50k or less

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Veteran Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    The player would have to go into the store to equip it anyway

• Informative Informative x 2