1. Hello Guest, if you need help, wish to post feedback regarding our community/servers/staff or report game-breaking bugs, you're free to do so here.
    Dismiss Notice

Balloons and Dumpsters: A recent discovery worth evaluating

Discussion in 'Feedback & Support' started by Dawson, Dec 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dawson

Dawson Veteran Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Good Guy Bufo#0933
    Pleasant greetings. Earlier in the week I discovered that the dumpster, a prop that has 384 HP, can be made "buoyant" with the aid of balloons. It takes a minimum of three (3) balloons to both keep a dumpster afloat and to support a player's weight. In addition, the balloons can be concealed inside the prop and melded to it, protecting them from bullet damage. Sustaining rocket explosions will sometimes dislodge the balloons out into the open, making them vulnerable to popping. Standing on said prop is also risky business--significant wobbling will occur, often resulting in players falling off. Refrigerators and red sofas also benefit from balloon attachments to some extent (albeit less resilient to explosions). Lockers on the other hand REMAIN UNSUPPORTED.

I wanted to share this find with everyone for the sake of trivia and for informing the staff about its existence. I will stand by any decisions made on whether or not "ballooning" should be practiced. VIPs with the balloon attachment tool can only utilize it, so that already places this find into questionable territory. Please do whatever is needed to maintain optimal quality, experience, and player enjoyment of Flood. If I find anything else interesting in the future I will be sure to document it in another thread for your convenience. Thank you kindly for your time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

As an added bonus, I will provide a step-by-step guide to how I developed the method of "ballooning" dumpsters. It takes approximately 30 to 40 seconds to complete if one is fast enough.

Step 1: Spawn a dumpster....

[​IMG]

Step 2: Spawn three (3) balloons on top of dumpster.

• Be sure to space them out evenly as shown in the image.
    [​IMG]

Step 3: Weld/Smart weld the balloons together to prevent them from bumping all over the place.

[​IMG]

Step 4: No-collide each balloon to the dumpster.

[​IMG]

Step 5: Flip the dumpster upside-down.

[​IMG]

Step 6: While the balloons are still moving around, weld them to the dumpster.

• It seems that balloons at rest are unable to be selected for melding.

[​IMG]

Step 7: The deed is done; flip the dumpster back upright, place it in the water, and hop aboard.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Bayrock

Bayrock Founder & Developer Staff Member Founder

Discord:
    Bayrock#2940
    Moved thread to the Bug Reports section. Thanks for the constructive report.

3. Dawson

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Good Guy Bufo#0933
    Ah, apologies for the section misplacement.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
  4. Donkie

Donkie Founder & Senior Developer Platinum VIP

Discord:
    Donkie#2878
    I'm not sure what to interpret of this, what do you want me to do? Prevent nocolliding of balloons?

5. Dawson

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Good Guy Bufo#0933
    It's basically your guys' call, but I wouldn't have a problem with disabling no-colliding for balloons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.