1. Hello Guest, if you have been banned from our servers and wish to be unbanned, you must read this thread in order to have your appeal processed by our staff members.
    Dismiss Notice

Accepted Bot Affirmatives unban request

Discussion in 'Unban Requests' started by Bot (RADIO): Affirmative., Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bot (RADIO): Affirmative.

Bot (RADIO): Affirmative. Member

1. Brief description of what happened before you were banned: So, I really don't know what I did wrong but for some reason while I was AFK in the teamspeak with my mic off. I get a 25 minute ban for "DDOS Threats" By wolf whisperer even though I did nothing wrong?And then a day later I'm permanently banned for DDOS threats on all Flood servers? I have never said anything about DDOS or DDOSing the server at all. I'm am just super confused right now. Also I don't even know how to fucking DDOS since I don't want to waste my money on a fucking shitty booter
    2. Admin who banned you: WolfWhisperer (TeamSpeak) Dawson (Flood servers)
    3. Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:47398106
    4. Evidence:

"<19:01:16> Disconnected from server<19:01:16> You were banned for 24 minutes from the server by "The Wolf Whisperer" (DDOS Threat)<19:01:08> Channel group "Guest" was assigned to "The Wolf Whisperer" by "Devinity.org TeamSpeak"."

"<07:03:04> You are banned permanently. Reason: "Threatening to DDos Flood servers. Please kindly piss off."<07:03:03> Trying to connect to server on ts.devinity.org"
    [​IMG]

Does this count as an Admin abuse thread aswell??

2. Skittles

Skittles Taco Hater

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  3. The Wolf Whisperer

The Wolf Whisperer Alpha Wolf

We have screen shot evidence of your threats coming from team speak and being posted to Logster. We have a zero tolerance policy for DDOS threats and your ban will not be lifted. Obviously from your message you are buddies with the troll Rick.

4. counter

counter Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    co#2858
    Threatening to DDoS is not a funny joke, which is in fact pitiful for you to do. Also no apology.

5. Skittles

Skittles Taco Hater

Unban request put on hold.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. counter

counter Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    co#2858
    lmao goto 9 min "so another rule on the server is that you dont, they don't give a shit if you have proper evidence unless if you kiss their ass like, oh i'm so sorry i'm going to donate for vip to get on the server"

just visit this thread: http://devinity.org/threads/note-if-youre-currently-banned.2866/ and you'll see why i want you to also indicate some type of sincere apology.

7. ArrayZ_LSD

ArrayZ_LSD Bounty Hunter Platinum VIP

Remember, staff never act in spite. All staff will always try their best to be calm, collected and deal with the situation. You seem upset and you need to realise that this is not their goal.

8. The Wolf Whisperer

Here's a huge tip for you in the future "bot", rather than making a video hating on the staff, explain that it's a misunderstanding and let us know first. Making a video saying you're pissed and stating everything we do wrong is fucking pathetic. If you really want an unban give us a good reason why that isn't a DDOS threat and a fucking pristine apology. After that video, it's damn near impossible to get my forgiveness now.

9. Skittles

Skittles Taco Hater

If you watched the video he explains why it isn't DDOS threat and why should he apologize if it was a misunderstanding from you, so shouldn't you apologize, but you do have a point that he shoudn't go make a video about how pissed you are.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. The Wolf Whisperer

I will not give an apology simply because of the way he decided to approach this issue. The staff here cannot be responsible for people's insensitivity or failure to recognize that something might be misunderstood. While we do try to be fair where we can this thread is for an appeal which should look somewhat like this: "I'm sorry that this was taken as a threat and is a simple misunderstanding. I had no intention of it coming across as a threat and hope we can resolve this with simplicity and accuracy." That would have been the mature thing to do but instead he creates a nine minute video. While it does explain the misunderstanding he also lists extra comments and negative opinions stating everything we do wrong with no apology at all. So no I will not reduce myself to a door mat and give an apology. (To "bot") Your ban was issued as a safety precaution and with good intentions at heart. If you think we did it just to spite you or for fun then you seriously need to rethink that. No one here hates you and remember your ban was discussed by all staff without any bias or emotion included in the decision.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Decap

Decap Super Radman

@Dawson is the highest admin that took care of this issue (I was sort of there but very drowsy from my meds). So I'm leaving the final decision up to him.

12. Dawson

Dawson Veteran Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Good Guy Bufo#0933
    Hi there, @Bot (RADIO): Affirmative.

Our decision to restrict you from the servers was made after receiving a user complaint from our TeamSpeak 3 chat server. It was reported that you went into one of our TS rooms and declared in chat that you partnered up with another user (who was named Rick) and "killed"/ DDoSed "server 1". We were and are still uncertain whether you were speaking of US#1 or EU#1. The last thing you stated suggested that you were going to take down "server 2."

The following screenshot below is evidence that was retrieved. While at first we lacked a Steam ID, we decided to take your name on TS and run a server log check to see if you were on Flood during the time. What was found suggested that you were on Flood around the same time frame under the Steam guise of Twitch.tv/SMMK_tv. After seeing that "SMMK" was found in both names for TS and Steam, I was certain that it was not a coincidence. So action was taken; we do not take DDoS threats lightly.

[​IMG]

Please do not lie to us. That alone will only make your situation much worse from here. If you did say those things, take the bullet and admit it like a mature adult.

13. Dawson

Dawson Veteran Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Good Guy Bufo#0933
    @Bot (RADIO): Affirmative.

Okay, so apparently there was a gross misunderstanding with regards to the context of SMMK's dialogue on TeamSpeak. When he stated that he and Rick "killed" server 1, he was implying about the amount of times that he won. Because of this, I will uplift the permanent ban from both TS and Devinity's servers.

I sincerely apologize for this major inconvenience and will make sure that incidents like this one will not happen again. But please, next time be more careful with your choice of words + how they are displayed for the sake of avoiding future confusion.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.