Destoying dead peoples boats

Discussion in 'Legacy Reports' started by Raddak Of Boktar, Sep 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raddak Of Boktar

Raddak Of Boktar Member

2. Decap

Decap Super Radman

I'm not 100% this is against the rules because it is pirate round.

Also, you need to post these in the ban request section under Appeals.

3. Rick

Rick female nipple Gold VIP

I've never enforced this rule on pirate rounds, purely because people use a crowbar hitting against their boat as a method of movement.

Additionally, there's no evidence to show that this isn't his boat.

In the future, please try to provide us with a steamID, it's very helpful.

Have a good one.

4. jeffreythe00

jeffreythe00 Dreamer

Here is what I have told all of our staff who have questioned me about this particular problem. I'll put it simply.

"While against the rules, I don't believe this to be a ban worthy offense"

This means that its not particularly a rule we enforce very hard but nonetheless is a rule that could potentially earn you a timeout given certain circumstances.

The rule is aimed specifically to stop people from delaying the round by "destroying a dead players props". Not to mention its disgusting to see a player sitting in the corner of the map, racking up a fortune and not being shot at because he's not a threat to anyone. It's just not moral. Which is WHY there is a rule against it.

During pirate round, I absolutely do NOT encourage players to "kill dead players props". However given the fact that its supposed to be a "fun round" I tend to look the other way as its not very fun to be stranded on a boat with no harpoons and half a health bar. We haven't really figured out a way to encourage players to kill one another. Perhaps a bounty type system could be implemented.

Anyways, I thought I'd clear some things up.

TL; DR

Prop farming is still against the rules and still could get you banned but is generally overlooked during a Pirate round but still not encouraged. Do it at your own risk.

5. Bayrock

Bayrock Founder & Developer Staff Member Founder

Discord:
    Bayrock#2940
    Generally that rule is in place to prevent players from farming cash and delaying the round as Jeff has stated.

In the event of a Pirate round hitting a dead players boat with the crowbar is excused.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.