1. Hello Guest, if you are applying for staff, make sure you have read through this thread before submitting your application. Please take into consideration that we are only looking for serious applicants that are active within the community and can wait approximately 2 weeks before evaluation.
    Dismiss Notice

Flood - Admiral Ackbar - Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Admiral Ackbar, May 31, 2019.

1. Admiral Ackbar

Admiral Ackbar Member Gold VIP Silver VIP

Staff Application for Admiral Ackbar

Application Position:
    Flood Moderator

United States of America
    Ingame Name:
    Admiral Ackbar
    Steam Profile URL:
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198111539478/
    Discord Tag:
    א0#7264
    Tell us about yourself:
    Im a junior college student in CS. I like to bike, play video games and tinker with stuff. Im more introverted personality wise but on the server, i like to get creative and build silly boats that shouldnt work. :)

How long have you been a registered user on Steam:
    almost 6 years
    How much time can you dedicate to do the position you chose:
    10 hours a week?
    Server playtime:
    4 days
    How did you find out about Devinity:
    one of my friends introduced me to floor years ago and I've been hooked ever since
    What can you bring to the Devinity Team:
    another eye to keep on the servers making sure people aren't cheating, boosting player count
    Why do you want to be part of the Devinity Team:
    It seems to me that the current moderators have not really been responsive. maybe its something that im doing but they dont seem to come on to help. I just want to stop people from teaming, cheating, and such.
    Do you have any past experience with the position you've chosen:
    I have experience moderating Minecraft servers
    Have you ever posted a ban request, and if so, was it accepted:
    no
    How fast/well can you type:
    I cant type pretty fast, not by any means godly, but im aight.
    What is your favorite part of Devinity:
    the flood servers and the community
    If you got full command over Devinity, what is the first thing you would change:
    bring back the free props

Flood Scenario Responses
    Scenario 1 (You witness a player leave a prop on another player's boat. The second player doesn't seem to notice. What do you do? What do you do if you find him doing it again next round?)
    ask the player to move their prop If this continues I would try kicking them to remove their props
    Scenario 2 (You see two players whom are not on the same team shooting at a mutual target. While the players aren't close to each other, their target is claiming that they're trucing against him. What do you do?)
    this doesn't really seem like trucing to me. I'm not sure how the staff defines trucing.
    Scenario 3 (A player is spamming chat asking/begging people to join his team. No matter what you do he won't reason with you and continues to spam. What do you do? The same player returns later and begins doing it again, what do you do now?)
    warn the player to stop spamming, if they do not stop kick them
    Scenario 4 (A player joins the server and immediately starts spamming chat with advertisements of another server. You've seen him do this before you were staff. What do you do as a junior moderator? What do you do as a moderator?)
    im not sure what the difference is in abilities between moderators and junior moderators. However i would kick or possibly ban them, seems like something someone would set up a bot for
    Scenario 5 (A player shot a dead player's props 10 seconds after that player had died, what actions do you take? What actions do you take if the same player starts doing it maliciously next round?)
    I would warn the player in case they didnt know it was against the rules, and if they keep doing it with a malicious intent i would kick or possibly ban them

Any other information we might need

• Like Like x 1
  2. mantis

mantis Flood Master Staff Member Server Moderator Bronze VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Hello, thx for making a staff app, so I can tell u really want to be a mod, and I like your ideas but the Scenarios do need some work, I am willing to help you and show what kind of powers you have. But in all you seem like a good guy.
    '
    If you want me to help text me at mantis#4513

• Like Like x 1
  3. lucK

lucK Member Staff Member Server Moderator

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    joot#5808
    Hey Admiral ackbar ur a very active player ive seen u on almost every time i join the server which is very important to the community that moderators are active. ur scenario 1 and 2 u doesnt really seem to understand Trucing is when players there are not in the same team but are teaming trying to hide it, what they usually do is that they destroy everyone elses boat and then they farm up each other boats when the round ends. The rules is, If ur not on the same team then dont team.

I am willing to give u an +1 if u promise me to make a new staff app where u fix ur scenario 1 and 2 good luck (;
    +1

4. Vullius

Vullius Member Staff Member Junior Server Moderator Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Vullius #8306
    i'll give my +1 for him with prober guide lines he will be a great mod! :D

5. ewww :(

ewww :( Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    1+ lazy scenarios, but I do know him well enough to say that it might be a try worth do let him do the Jr. Mod thing