1. Hello Guest, if you are applying for staff, make sure you have read through this thread before submitting your application. Please take into consideration that we are only looking for serious applicants that are active within the community and can wait approximately 2 weeks before evaluation.
    Dismiss Notice

Flood - (C.I.A Director) Old Doctor - Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Old Doctor, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Old Doctor

Old Doctor Member

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Old doctor #2347
    Staff Application for (C.I.A Director) Old Doctor

Application Position:
    Flood Moderator

United States of America
    Ingame Name:
    (C.I.A Director) Old Doctor
    Steam Profile URL:
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198080652677/
    Discord Tag:
    (C.I.A Director) Old Doctor#2347
    Tell us about yourself:
    i have my own RC discord channel just a little over 350 members i help people repair and fix problems with RC cars.

i probably smoke way too much pot i enjoy gaming i know how to use the forums.. i like flood

How long have you been a registered user on Steam:
    um 15-20 years
    How much time can you dedicate to do the position you chose:
    i work 2-3 days a week i play games everyday. id say easily 4-5 hours a day if not more.
    Server playtime:
    4 days
    How did you find out about Devinity:
    bought Gmod when it came out seen your servers around for many years
    What can you bring to the Devinity Team:
    charm, laughter, new ideas or old ideas
    Why do you want to be part of the Devinity Team:
    i enjoy flood i don't see staff on very often just want to help the team and players when needed im not looking to be a hall monitor checking hall passes lol
    Do you have any past experience with the position you've chosen:
    moderation, admin, etc i've owned and ran my own DarkRP servers i had my own Half life 2 DM server way back. moderation is about helping players maybe someone is having a bad day etc getting the full story or to the bottom of something can reveal so much more than just kicking or banning someone...
    Have you ever posted a ban request, and if so, was it accepted:
    i dont think so...
    How fast/well can you type:
    i don't want to brag im decent.
    What is your favorite part of Devinity:
    the laid back environment
    If you got full command over Devinity, what is the first thing you would change:
    more advertisement?

Flood Scenario Responses
    Scenario 1 (You witness a player leave a prop on another player's boat. The second player doesn't seem to notice. What do you do? What do you do if you find him doing it again next round?)
    i would just remove the prop and hopefully that would be the end of it.

if it continued just remind the player that its not allowed.

Scenario 2 (You see two players whom are not on the same team shooting at a mutual target. While the players aren't close to each other, their target is claiming that they're trucing against him. What do you do?)
    sink that guy first lol. no but it clearly states in the rules no trucing of any kind. just remind the guy to read the rules.
    Scenario 3 (A player is spamming chat asking/begging people to join his team. No matter what you do he won't reason with you and continues to spam. What do you do? The same player returns later and begins doing it again, what do you do now?)
    just ask the dude to kindly stop that its obvious no one wants to team or everybody that wants to team already is teamed up. if it continues Warning, then Mute.

does it again use same strategy

Scenario 4 (A player joins the server and immediately starts spamming chat with advertisements of another server. You've seen him do this before you were staff. What do you do as a junior moderator? What do you do as a moderator?)
    if the dude isnt playing on Devinity servers kick him and if he continues just ban his ass no one likes Member Mining.
    Scenario 5 (A player shot a dead player's props 10 seconds after that player had died, what actions do you take? What actions do you take if the same player starts doing it maliciously next round?)
    thats Build phase, Rule 2 states that it is not allowed and awards you no cash that would count as prolonging the round AKA money rounding. just Warn the guy and if he continually ignores the rule just boot him. most people who get kicked rejoin with a whole new attitude but i dont believe in kick or banning usually conflict can be resolved with normal understanding and Conversation

Any other information we might need
    nope thanks for reading my application ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. mantis

mantis Flood Master Server Moderator Bronze VIP

Server:
    Flood
    It lacks a little in details but its pretty straight forward which I like so +1

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. 'Q'

'Q' Member Staff Member Server Moderator Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Q'#6969
    You seem like someone who is laid back and calm, which is great in my opinion. A little bit more detail would have been great as Mantis pointed out - but you seem to have experience in moderating.
    +1 from me

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 8)