1. Hello Guest, if you are applying for staff, make sure you have read through this thread before submitting your application. Please take into consideration that we are only looking for serious applicants that are active within the community and can wait approximately 2 weeks before evaluation.
    Dismiss Notice

Flood - Coconut - Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Coconut, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Coconut

Coconut Member

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Coconut#1909
    Staff Application for Coconut

Application Position:
    Flood Moderator

United States of America
    Ingame Name:
    Coconut
    Steam Profile URL:
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198958440371/
    Discord Tag:
    Coconut#1909
    Tell us about yourself:
    I am 15. I am silly, yet serious when needed. I play games after school... Typically Devinity. And ummmm. Idk i like eating food and swimming haha.

How long have you been a registered user on Steam:
    4+ Years
    How much time can you dedicate to do the position you chose:
    A few hours a day typically
    Server playtime:
    13 hours
    How did you find out about Devinity:
    I have been playing on my other account for four years or so, and just got a new steam.
    What can you bring to the Devinity Team:
    Happiness, a fun community, more people to the servers, help to new players, etc...
    Why do you want to be part of the Devinity Team:
    I have been playing flood, specifically Devinity for a long time now, and staff would be a nice perk for being part of the Devinity Community for sucha long time, concidering I can help as well.
    Do you have any past experience with the position you've chosen:
    Yes, I have had admin on many servers in the past, but I just got into Gmod again for the first time in a couple of months.
    Have you ever posted a ban request, and if so, was it accepted:
    Yes, on my other account. In fact, about three. The users all received further punishment.
    How fast/well can you type:
    Very fast, and accurately.
    What is your favorite part of Devinity:
    Meeting new players who log on around the same time as me, and helping new players figure out the ropes of flood.
    If you got full command over Devinity, what is the first thing you would change:
    Maybe add a few more props (not too many, maybe three or four), I would encourage more players too join, I would add another rank possibly, maybe change the rank prices, and add some new hats, and maybe a couple weapons, and some new events to get people more excited to join our server!

Flood Scenario Responses
    Scenario 1 (You witness a player leave a prop on another player's boat. The second player doesn't seem to notice. What do you do? What do you do if you find him doing it again next round?)
    What I would do in this case, is move the prop myself, and in give the player a verbal warning to stop to be chill about it the first time. If he or she did it again next round I would decide to kick the player, allowing him or her to come back, knowing if he or she did it again, it would resort in further punishment.
    Scenario 2 (You see two players whom are not on the same team shooting at a mutual target. While the players aren't close to each other, their target is claiming that they're trucing against him. What do you do?)
    If i was dead, I would type in the chat, "No cross teaming, if you want to ally against the same target, create a team during the building phase" (I can type very fast)... If I was alive, I would verbally say it into my mic, until they stopped.
    Scenario 3 (A player is spamming chat asking/begging people to join his team. No matter what you do he won't reason with you and continues to spam. What do you do? The same player returns later and begins doing it again, what do you do now?)
    After I have requested for a player to stop, and he or she will not reason, and continues to do it, I will tell him or her in my mic, or in chat, "I am going to kick you if you don't stop spamming (username)"... After that, assuming he or she does not stop, I will kick the user, giving him or her a chance to rejoin and not make the same mistake. The same player returns and does the same thing later on, I will tell them in my mic, or in chat, one last time, "Please stop spamming, or I will have to take further action then I did last time". Assuming the player does not reason with me, I will give them a temporary ban, for chat spamming.
    Scenario 4 (A player joins the server and immediately starts spamming chat with advertisements of another server. You've seen him do this before you were staff. What do you do as a junior moderator? What do you do as a moderator?)
    As a junior mod, I will tell him or her to stop whether it be in chat or in mic. After that, if the player refuses, I can either warn them again, or kick the user. As a moderator, I would pretty much take the same approach. Verbally warn in chat or in mic, and if they do not stop, I can warn him or her again, or take action and kick the player.
    Scenario 5 (A player shot a dead player's props 10 seconds after that player had died, what actions do you take? What actions do you take if the same player starts doing it maliciously next round?)
    At first, I would say, "Don't shoot dead players'' props, it's against the server rules". (Chat or mic). Assuming the player stops, the next round will resume. The next round, If the user is still shooting dead players' props, on purpose, I will kick the player, for the reason of "Shooting dead players' props after multiple warnings".

Any other information we might need
    Not really, just hope you guys can get back to this as soon as you can... :) Thanks for the time...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rick

Rick female nipple Staff Member Super Badmin Gold VIP

3. Coconut

Coconut Member

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Coconut#1909
  4. HoneyMustard.

HoneyMustard. Member

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Nikolai#4792

• Never see you on.

• Inactive on the discord

• "Yes, I have had admin on many servers in the past" Many servers but cant name one?

• "Very fast, and accurately." good, but couldn't hurt to put your wpm.

• You joined the site today just to post an app.

• On Scenario 3: There is no need to kick/ban, there is always the option to mute/gag.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Coconut

Coconut Member

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Coconut#1909
    I am on usually from 3pm-10pm (California Time)

I am in discord, actively, nobody is usually in the voice channels, therefore I do not join.

My friends RP server "FlashRP", a server called "GoldenRP", and my pals TTT server.

My WPM is about 65-75 WPM.

I wasn't aware that was a right of Staff, because I've never seen anyone gagged or muted on Devinity before.

:heart: ly bby ;)

(p.s. I have another account on forums that has four years of time on it, so I didn't just join today.)

AND P.P.S.... If I need to be more active and such, I am fine waiting a while to apply again.. :)

6. maxiify

maxiify Member Staff Member Server Moderator

Server:
    Battle Royale
    Discord:
    Maxiify#4700
    You seem nice.

+1

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Coconut

Coconut Member

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Coconut#1909

8. idzis

idzis Member Staff Member Server Moderator

Hello there.
    I will give you +1
    Be more active on discord,you posted your last message something like week ago.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Coconut

Coconut Member

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Coconut#1909
    I will be more active, and try to be online as much as possible. :heart:

• Like Like x 2
  10. mantis

mantis Flood Master Staff Member Server Moderator Bronze VIP