1. Hello Guest, if you are applying for staff, make sure you have read through this thread before submitting your application. Please take into consideration that we are only looking for serious applicants that are active within the community and can wait approximately 2 weeks before evaluation.
    Dismiss Notice

Accepted Flood - Connor - Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by :exclamation:RR, Dec 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. :exclamation:RR

:exclamation:RR Member Staff Member Junior Server Moderator Silver VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Staff Application for Connor

Application Position:
    Flood Moderator

Ukraine
    Ingame Name:
    Connor
    Steam Profile URL:
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198995499738/
    Discord Tag:
    (P) Connor#2580
    Tell us about yourself:
    I am from Ukraine, my name is Dima
    I am already in the 9th grade and, in general, not bad, I would like to become a moderator on the server to get rid of violators, I also know English at an intermediate level, in other matters this is not a problem because I already go to personal courses and study better and better

How long have you been a registered user on Steam:
    1.5 year
    How much time can you dedicate to do the position you chose:
    Minimum 2-3 hours
    Server playtime:
    5 days
    How did you find out about Devinity:

I found out with the help of youtubers and those who recommended your server

What can you bring to the Devinity Team:

I will bring help not to the team, but also to the players, I will monitor the behavior of people

Why do you want to be part of the Devinity Team:
    As I said, I would like to follow the players and the server as a whole
    Do you have any past experience with the position you've chosen:
    Of course i have
    Have you ever posted a ban request, and if so, was it accepted:
    No
    How fast/well can you type:
    20-37 words per minute and it depends on how I slept or what mood I was in
    What is your favorite part of Devinity:
    The battle phase, of course, is to keep track of the players who are playing and from time to time to warn and even kick.
    If you got full command over Devinity, what is the first thing you would change:
    I would make the community kinder and make the game a little easier for beginners.

Flood Scenario Responses
    Scenario 1 (You witness a player leave a prop on another player's boat. The second player doesn't seem to notice. What do you do? What do you do if you find him doing it again next round?)
    Warn him not to do this anymore if he continues I will give him a warn or kick depending on whether he has already done so.
    Scenario 2 (You see two players whom are not on the same team shooting at a mutual target. While the players aren't close to each other, their target is claiming that they're trucing against him. What do you do?)

I will warn them that you need to be in the same team

Scenario 3 (A player is spamming chat asking/begging people to join his team. No matter what you do he won't reason with you and continues to spam. What do you do? The same player returns later and begins doing it again, what do you do now?)
    I'll tell him to stop spamming
    Scenario 4 (A player joins the server and immediately starts spamming chat with advertisements of another server. You've seen him do this before you were staff. What do you do as a junior moderator? What do you do as a moderator?)
    I will mute this player for 5 minutes, take his steam id and call a moderator or administrator to ban the advertiser
    Scenario 5 (A player shot a dead player's props 10 seconds after that player had died, what actions do you take? What actions do you take if the same player starts doing it maliciously next round?)
    I will warn you not to shoot at dead props because people who died immediately at the beginning simply do not return their money and in fact it is toxic

Any other information we might need
    That's all i said
    all other questions write to personal messages in the discord

2. Viral

Viral Devinity's Finest Forger Staff Member Server Moderator Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    You've got my support, for some bonus points would you care to elaborate on how you'd make the game easier for newer players and reduce the overall toxicity of the community? Good luck!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sotori

Sotori Flooderator Inc. Staff Member Admin Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    +1 as long as you keep up the support and dedication :)

I like the approach, and it seems like you've got the skills for what it takes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. [EF] FironTheFox

[EF] FironTheFox Member Staff Member Senior Server Moderator Server Moderator

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    !/Firon"Fox"MapleZ\!#7410
    it had to be +1
    but i prefer to stay Neutral because of something that happened today
    he's pretty nice guy, good player, but i
    heavily recommend him to re-read our devinity flood rules

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. :exclamation:RR

Server:
    Flood
    You can add several rules for calculating the behavior of players and, in case of violation, stick violators and warn them to mute or gag

6. :exclamation:RR

Server:
    Flood
    You can also add new guns that will be available to beginners, I can offer a bean grenade
    she will have 5 damage and only 3 pieces

You can also give a little more of the initial amount to new players to start

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
  7. Jacket

Jacket Member Staff Member Server Moderator

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Jacket_72#9462
    I love the ease of the situations. Always good to see people who try to defuse situations instead of dropping the ban hammer instantly:smile_thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. :exclamation:RR

Server:
    Flood
    Yes, I like to easily defuse the situation, rather than poke a ban

9. Sotori

Sotori Flooderator Inc. Staff Member Admin Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Hello @:exclamation:RR

After consideration, we have decided that we would like to appoint you to the position of Junior Mod! We hope you are pleased with this outcome and would like to remind you that you are now representing Devinity and our community.

We expect all staff to abide by and enforce our Flood rules, and to read this thread on what we seek in our staff members. Additionally, we prefer staff to stay active within our game servers on a regular basis, and participate in discussions on Discord.

If at any time you become overwhelmed with the players you may direct them to the forum and our staff/community will take care of them here. Likewise, if you ever become overwhelmed with your position entirely, please don't hesitate to ask one of us for any type of guidance.

You may resign from your role at any time, but this may impact your odds of joining our team again in the future. As Admins, we reserve the right to demote you at any time for any reason.

Thank you for your support, and we hope you will serve us well!

Accepted and locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.