1. Hello Guest, if you are applying for staff, make sure you have read through this thread before submitting your application. Please take into consideration that we are only looking for serious applicants that are active within the community and can wait approximately 2 weeks before evaluation.
    Dismiss Notice

Flood - HOROKAI - Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by krutolapov2014, Aug 3, 2022.

1. krutolapov2014

krutolapov2014 Member

Server:
    Flood
    Staff Statement for HOROKAI

Application Position:
    Flood Moderator

Russia
    Ingame Name:
    HOROKAI
    Steam Profile URL:
    Tell us about yourself:
    Hello, my name is Vladimir, more often called Volodya. I'm graduating from college this year. My hobbies are 3D modeling, selling accounts, drawing, Photoshop skills, playing the guitar.

How long have you been a registered user on Steam:
    13 October 2014.
    How much time can you dedicate to do the position you chose:
    2-10 hours is a situational matter.
    Server playtime:
    6 days
    How did you find out about Devinity:
    In 2016, I watched a video of the popular YouTuber for the game Garry's mod. At the time, he was shooting a video about the flood. It was new to me, and I bought this game just for this mode. Later I discovered RP servers.
    What can you bring to the Devinity Team:
    Ideas and assets
    Do your duty
    I will be active in the discord channel

Why do you want to be part of the Devinity Team:
    For some reason, this is where I am most pleased to be. In all the time I've been playing on this server, I've met a lot of people. With whom I still communicate. "Devinity" unites people. After the game, communication flows into "Discord" and some manage to meet in real life.
    Do you have any past experience with the position you've chosen:
    I used to be an administrator on a DarkRP server, which was a pretty intimidating experience, as I had to memorize a very large number of rules. But now I realized that I was learning the principle of a small world.
    Have you ever posted a ban request, and if so, was it accepted:
    Filed two complaints. All of them are accepted.
    How fast/well can you type:
    Blind printing, but there are problems with commas.
    What's your favorite part of Devinity:
    "Flood" water battles are cool.
    If you got full command over Devinity, what is the first thing you would change:
    The project is stable, there is a consequence behind any action, so in this case a strict and thoughtful approach is needed. I would cite an object of motivation for the players. And, of course, all changes are made in the course of events, so I can't say for sure.
    Flood Scenario Responses
    Scenario 1 (You witness a player leave a prop on another player's boat. The second player doesn't seem to notice. What do you do? What do you do if you find him doing it again next round?)
    To begin with, I will tell him "don't do this, it's not according to the rules of the game" if he ignores the "kick", if he logs back into the server and continues to "ban" for 1-3 days (all this in a polite form of communication).
    Scenario 2 (You see two players whom are not on the same team shooting at a mutual target. While the players aren't close to each other, their target is claiming that they're trucing against him. What do you do?)
    It's pretty hard to know if this is a truce. First of all, the distance between two or more players who shoot at a common target. If they are about 1 room away from you, then there are 2 options. The first option is that they don't see each other. The latter consciously benefit from cooperation, in which case they should be warned. At the same time, a situation may arise when the enemy is so dangerous that while he shoots at his opponent, he is safe. The so-called instinct of self-preservation. It is worth checking whether they repeat the same actions in subsequent rounds. If they are repeated, they are warned in the text chat. Well, then according to the scheme. [Warn ---> Kick --> Ban]. This rule is not limited to a distance of 1 room. Punishments are imposed as they are violated, and if a person has had previous violations, the term increases (all this in a polite form of communication).
    Scenario 3 (A player is spamming chat asking/begging people to join his team. No matter what you do he won't reason with you and continues to spam. What do you do? The same player returns later and begins doing it again, what do you do now?)
    Spam of any kind - disabling the ability to speak in a text/voice chat for 5-7 minutes.
    And of course, warn the intruder. If he continues, hit. After returning, if everything happens again, give a ban for 1 hour -1 day. (all this in a polite form of communication)

Scenario 4 (A player joins the server and immediately starts spamming chat with advertisements of another server. You've seen him do this before you were staff. What do you do as a junior moderator? What do you do as a moderator?)
    =Junior Moderator=
    Warn the attacker via text/voice chat so that he immediately stops spam advertising. If he doesn't stop, give him the maximum ban. In this case, it is advisable to start recording videos or screenshots. Then inform your superiors about this violation.
    =Moderator=
    Spam of any kind - disabling the ability to speak in a text/voice chat for 5-7 minutes.
    If he continues to "kick" after returning to the server subsequent violations will lead to a ban + by decision of the higher management.
    Scenario 5 (A player fired into the props of a dead player 10 seconds after that player died, what actions do you take? What actions do you take if the same player starts maliciously doing so in the next round?)
    If the player is hindered by a raft, then there is no violation in this. But if a person is intentionally joking or in another sense, warn in the chat, if he repeats, warn with a command, and if the situation repeats in the next round of kick. Subsequent violations entail a ban. (all this in a polite form of communication)
    Any other information we might need

Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
  2. Jacket

Jacket Member Staff Member Server Moderator

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Jacket_72#9462
    This is very good!
    one thing I could see off is
    Scenario 2: I would recommend Slay --> Warn ---> Kick --> Ban
    good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  3. krutolapov2014

krutolapov2014 Member

Server:
    Flood
    Thanks, I'll take note.

4. ♠Black Jack♠

♠Black Jack♠ Member Staff Member Server Moderator

Server:
    Flood
    It's good, +1.
    Though in 2nd scenario you should Warn --> Slay ---> Kick --> Ban
    4th: why Slay?

• Like Like x 1
  5. krutolapov2014

krutolapov2014 Member

Server:
    Flood
    Thanks for the answer.
    -
    In scenarios 2 and 4, I fixed it.
    Almost all scenarios are reduced to Warn --> Kick --> Ban.
    -
    p.s
    -
    After reading the rules again, I realized that "Slay" is used after "Warn", in the combat phase after that to direct the person to the rules

Last edited: Aug 29, 2022
  6. krutolapov2014

krutolapov2014 Member

Server:
    Flood
  7. ♠Black Jack♠

♠Black Jack♠ Member Staff Member Server Moderator

Server:
    Flood
    So, I think that you can do this in most cases: Ask them to start shooting each other - Warn if they don't do anything - Slay to stop prolonging the round - Kick if they continue - Ban if they continue.
    Alright so, if it's clear that players are trucing you should warn, for example: there are 2 teams left that are not shooting each other or they shoot each other's props in a way that doesn't make sense, like props at the bottom of the map or it's some separated props from the main raft that can't hold a player, you warn them and tell to shoot each other. If they do, it's just a warn, if not - slay so they don't prolong round. And if they'll continue kick-ban.
    Also if players will talk about trucing against someone in public and then they do, then warn though you should probably tell them that it's bad to do so, just in case they will actually think about their actions. If not - warn-slay-kick-ban.
    As for Slay-Warn, ehhh, I guess you can do this too, but then these players will just get away with slays without infractions history.

P.S Head hurts, maybe tomorrow I'll write fixed version .-.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 3)