1. Hello Guest, if you are applying for staff, make sure you have read through this thread before submitting your application. Please take into consideration that we are only looking for serious applicants that are active within the community and can wait approximately 2 weeks before evaluation.
    Dismiss Notice

Flood - Immigrant - Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by [black]Cacox1906, Jun 8, 2019.

1. [black]Cacox1906

[black]Cacox1906 Member

Staff Application for Immigrant

Application Position:
    Flood Moderator

Poland
    Ingame Name:
    Immigrant
    Steam Profile URL:
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198155230669/
    Discord Tag:
    Immigrant#6314
    Tell us about yourself:
    Can speak English and polish , supportive and sometimes help explain to people why their boats don't float ;/

How long have you been a registered user on Steam:
    4 years.
    How much time can you dedicate to do the position you chose:
    10hrs a week average.
    Server playtime:
    1 week
    How did you find out about Devinity:
    I don't really remember as it was 4 years ago.
    What can you bring to the Devinity Team:
    Active moderation to the EU Flood Servers.
    Why do you want to be part of the Devinity Team:
    Well atleast when i'm on, I don't see much staff online and there is generally alot of trucing and people just breaking all the rules and more, so yeah.
    Do you have any past experience with the position you've chosen:
    Not really, only been an mentor for some servers.
    Have you ever posted a ban request, and if so, was it accepted:
    No.
    How fast/well can you type:
    60-80 WPM.
    What is your favorite part of Devinity:
    The flood gamemode, very unique. Well so unique that i've stayed on it for 4 years.
    If you got full command over Devinity, what is the first thing you would change:
    Making the event vote not only to VIP users, but maybe for users that have 2days+ playtime. 'event vote' as in to start a vote for an event.

Flood Scenario Responses
    Scenario 1 (You witness a player leave a prop on another player's boat. The second player doesn't seem to notice. What do you do? What do you do if you find him doing it again next round?)
    I would warn the first player to move the prop out of the second's player way and tell him/she if they do it again they will be punished. If they do it again then I would warn them.
    Scenario 2 (You see two players whom are not on the same team shooting at a mutual target. While the players aren't close to each other, their target is claiming that they're trucing against him. What do you do?)
    I wouldn't count it as trucing , as alot of the time people do get fire from 2 different teams, and its just part of the gamemode.
    Scenario 3 (A player is spamming chat asking/begging people to join his team. No matter what you do he won't reason with you and continues to spam. What do you do? The same player returns later and begins doing it again, what do you do now?)
    I would probably kick him and in that kick tell him the reason for it, a kick cause he's probably a new player. And when he returns he would get a small ban for 12hrs or so.
    Scenario 4 (A player joins the server and immediately starts spamming chat with advertisements of another server. You've seen him do this before you were staff. What do you do as a junior moderator? What do you do as a moderator?)
    I would ban him both times, JR mod & Moderator.
    Scenario 5 (A player shot a dead player's props 10 seconds after that player had died, what actions do you take? What actions do you take if the same player starts doing it maliciously next round?)
    'shot', not plural so most probably was a mistake, one shot. But if he does it maliciously next round I would give him a verbal warning and if he continues then a warning.

Any other information we might need
    Nope.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. ewww :(

ewww :( Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Compact written Scenarios,
    I am sure that he has already collected good experiences on certain servers. Also a chill dude. 1+