1. Hello Guest, if you are applying for staff, make sure you have read through this thread before submitting your application. Please take into consideration that we are only looking for serious applicants that are active within the community and can wait approximately 2 weeks before evaluation.
    Dismiss Notice

Flood - Kurtis Lam - Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Kurtis Lam, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Kurtis Lam

Kurtis Lam Member

Server:
    Flood
    Staff Application for Kurtis Lam

Application Position:
    Flood Moderator

China
    Ingame Name:
    Kurtis Lam
    Steam Profile URL:
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198199305433/
    Discord Tag:
    Kurtis Lam#8534
    Tell us about yourself:
    I am a 15 years old boy currently studying in secondary school in Hong Kong.My hobbies are playing Garry's Mod and watching YouTube videos.I might be the small group of one who can communicate with Chinese.It might help I guess.

How long have you been a registered user on Steam:
    3-4years
    How much time can you dedicate to do the position you chose:
    normally 3-4hours a day
    Server playtime:
    6 days
    How did you find out about Devinity:
    I found it(Flood servers) years ago so I don't really know how as I was a little child.I started playing Devinity again few weeks ago.
    What can you bring to the Devinity Team:
    I want to be responsible if I become a Junior Mod.Therefore,I would help to ensure players follow the rules with team work and the knowledge of servers' rules.
    Why do you want to be part of the Devinity Team:
    As I played,I would like to take this chance for helping the server to become ideal in my and players' eyes.
    Do you have any past experience with the position you've chosen:
    No.
    Have you ever posted a ban request, and if so, was it accepted:
    I haven't posted a ban request.The Staff team took actions when there were rules breakers.
    How fast/well can you type:
    about 35-50 words per minutes
    What is your favorite part of Devinity:
    Teaming,Shooting other players' boats in Flood server,gaining money to get more and better weapons etc.Moreover,communicate with players to have a fun time.
    If you got full command over Devinity, what is the first thing you would change:
    In this case,I would ask for players' suggestion to have any changes.I will try not to be a dictator.However,if you really ask about it,I would add more rewards to the events and set a exact period of time for seasonal events.

Flood Scenario Responses
    Scenario 1 (You witness a player leave a prop on another player's boat. The second player doesn't seem to notice. What do you do? What do you do if you find him doing it again next round?)
    If he is doing it again,it might consider as he is doing it intentionally.However,for the fairness,I would talk to him politely to take notice of it.I might get him a clear warning for that.
    Scenario 2 (You see two players whom are not on the same team shooting at a mutual target. While the players aren't close to each other, their target is claiming that they're trucing against him. What do you do?)
    First,I would ask the player if he has any more evidence for it like whether it's discussed before the round.Also,consider the size of their boats as they might want to last longer in the round.
    Scenario 3 (A player is spamming chat asking/begging people to join his team. No matter what you do he won't reason with you and continues to spam. What do you do? The same player returns later and begins doing it again, what do you do now?)
    I would give him a warning and mute him for 5-7 minutes.Tell him to refer to the rules.Furthermore,if he returns later and begins doing it again.I would kick him as he did it more than once.Might tell other staffs to put an eye on him either.
    Scenario 4 (A player joins the server and immediately starts spamming chat with advertisements of another server. You've seen him do this before you were staff. What do you do as a junior moderator? What do you do as a moderator?)
    Immediately mute him for 7 minutes.Consider it as DDOs if it seriously harms the server working and makes the server lag.I would talk to moderators about it and request a permanent ban.(may record it for the fairness)
    Scenario 5 (A player shot a dead player's props 10 seconds after that player had died, what actions do you take? What actions do you take if the same player starts doing it maliciously next round?)
    I would warn him for that as it's against the rules.Tell him it's delaying the round and he'll make no cash for damaging those props.Besides,tell him to refer to the rules.Might consider slay him if he continues in the same round.Next,if he is doing again next round maliciously,I would get him kicked.More actions can be taken if he returns.

Any other information we might need
    Well,I like cats : )
    And I might not have time to read comments as I am not a bee.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. ewww :(

ewww :( Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    well-written scenario answers, I have also spent a lot of time with him in a team, he knows what is right or wrong. +1

3. 'Q'

'Q' Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Q'#6955
    Good luck Kurtis! You’re a kind guy. It’s been fun playing with you as well :)

4. Kurtis Lam

Kurtis Lam Member

Server:
    Flood
    you are welcome :)

5. Kurtis Lam

Kurtis Lam Member

Server:
    Flood
    You are kind too!Hope to see you in game