1. Hello Guest, if you are applying for staff, make sure you have read through this thread before submitting your application. Please take into consideration that we are only looking for serious applicants that are active within the community and can wait approximately 2 weeks before evaluation.
    Dismiss Notice

Flood - Oh no Jack - Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Oh no Jack, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Oh no Jack

Oh no Jack Member

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    josephxd#2091
    Staff Application for Oh no Jack

Application Position:
    Flood Moderator

United Kingdom
    Ingame Name:
    Oh no Jack
    Steam Profile URL:
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198268566764/
    Discord Tag:
    Josephxd#2091
    Tell us about yourself:
    So i have a sense of humor i usually try to defuse a situation if a another person is instantly toxic i am not a serious person but i am not goofy or mean and i want to make peoples expericene improved on flood!!

How long have you been a registered user on Steam:
    since december or 2015
    How much time can you dedicate to do the position you chose:
    around 2- 6 hours a day
    Server playtime:
    19 hours
    How did you find out about Devinity:
    My freind told me about a game where i had to build a boat to survive and i like that idea
    What can you bring to the Devinity Team:
    fast responses online alot and understanding to any problems
    Why do you want to be part of the Devinity Team:
    I would like to make peoples experience better on the server and make sure the is no cheating because there is alot of toxic players that i would like to attempt to turn around
    Do you have any past experience with the position you've chosen:
    Yes i do on a different game
    Have you ever posted a ban request, and if so, was it accepted:
    No never
    How fast/well can you type:
    quite well
    What is your favorite part of Devinity:
    the creativity of the servers and the creativity i love about survive games
    If you got full command over Devinity, what is the first thing you would change:
    i would remove the predator missile

Flood Scenario Responses
    Scenario 1 (You witness a player leave a prop on another player's boat. The second player doesn't seem to notice. What do you do? What do you do if you find him doing it again next round?)
    i would move the prop and notify the second player and let him know he left something there
    Scenario 2 (You see two players whom are not on the same team shooting at a mutual target. While the players aren't close to each other, their target is claiming that they're trucing against him. What do you do?)
    i wouldn't take action to them unless it was absolutley constant
    Scenario 3 (A player is spamming chat asking/begging people to join his team. No matter what you do he won't reason with you and continues to spam. What do you do? The same player returns later and begins doing it again, what do you do now?)
    I would take action and mute the player
    Scenario 4 (A player joins the server and immediately starts spamming chat with advertisements of another server. You've seen him do this before you were staff. What do you do as a junior moderator? What do you do as a moderator?)
    as a junior i would mute him and contact an administrator and as administrator i would do a Perma ban
    Scenario 5 (A player shot a dead player's props 10 seconds after that player had died, what actions do you take? What actions do you take if the same player starts doing it maliciously next round?)
    i would talk to him and tell him to be nice and not be toxic on the server.

Any other information we might need
    Nope thats all about me

2. Oh no Jack

Oh no Jack Member

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    josephxd#2091
    i don't think this application is my best but i will make a second in depth with the scenario because it didn't understand scenario 5 but i would love to be admin for this server if the app is denied i will acknowledge this and try again in depth.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 3)