1. Hello Guest, if you are applying for staff, make sure you have read through this thread before submitting your application. Please take into consideration that we are only looking for serious applicants that are active within the community and can wait approximately 2 weeks before evaluation.
    Dismiss Notice

Flood - |PHD| Ben Mi - Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Kurtis Lam, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Kurtis Lam

Kurtis Lam Member

Server:
    Flood
    Staff Application for |PHD| Ben Mi

Application Position:
    Flood Moderator

Hong Kong
    Ingame Name:
    |PHD| Ben Mi
    Steam Profile URL:
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198199305433/
    Discord Tag:
    Kurtis Lam
    Tell us about yourself:
    Nothing personal here.I prefer playing computer games and I am a student.Therefore,sometimes I may not have time to play since important tests are incoming and will be incoming.Also,I have time to make this application is because of schools suspension.

How long have you been a registered user on Steam:
    4 years I think.This means nothing to me.I still don't have the power to invite friends on steam.
    How much time can you dedicate to do the position you chose:
    Good question.I think I can do 4 hours a day but I don't have time to work if it is weekend.Furthermore,To keep my test results save,I will put less time focusing besides studying.
    Server playtime:
    2 weeks
    How did you find out about Devinity:
    I found it randomly.I forgot because it has been 4 years since I first discovered Devinity servers.I think I find it as it was popping up.
    What can you bring to the Devinity Team:
    At this moment,I think I could protect the flood servers from being harming by toxic babies if I was a JR mod.More importantly,in future,I would know more about this team.Being joyful to work together so as to help Devinity develop in various ways where old and new players love to be standing there :)
    Why do you want to be part of the Devinity Team:
    First,I think isn't it boring to just play on Devinity servers.Considering Devinity could be motivated if players joined in,I am willing to be part of the staff team.Then now,I would like to take this opportunity to be one of the bodies in this team.Sharing ideas and love to all of us.
    Do you have any past experience with the position you've chosen:
    I have been a JR mod.However,as a result of being a bad boy,the trust that the staff team had given me was taken away.I am very sorry that I broke this relationship but please let me have a chance to rebuild it.
    Have you ever posted a ban request, and if so, was it accepted:
    I remember I haven't put a ban request before.I am always thinking it wouldn't be a thing if there are more staff members.
    How fast/well can you type:
    25-30 WPS as usual but 50 WPS would be maximum I could do.
    What is your favorite part of Devinity:
    As everyone knows,Devinity is developing quickly right now.It encourages me to play on flood servers.Therefore,my favorite part is server developing that everyone loves it gets done.
    If you got full command over Devinity, what is the first thing you would change:
    I would try to have more exclusive stuff like skins,hats,weapons added.The hardcore mode mentioned before is a good suggestion I think.Trying to have more special developments would be impressive.On the other hand,as the new stuff is being added and developed,historical and significant features should be kept in a way that most of the old players keen on having.

Flood Scenario Responses
    Scenario 1 (You witness a player leave a prop on another player's boat. The second player doesn't seem to notice. What do you do? What do you do if you find him doing it again next round?)
    First,I would ask that player to remove that prop.Tell him refer to the rules .May consider warn him if he is not a new player or having infractions before warning him for not having good mood at that moment :).Also,I would tell the other player to be aware of these kind of things and nicely advice him to get himself a room to build boats so it won't be happening again.
    Scenario 2 (You see two players whom are not on the same team shooting at a mutual target. While the players aren't close to each other, their target is claiming that they're trucing against him. What do you do?)
    Imagine there's congruent triangle formed between the players.One of the two players could be shooting at the same target which wouldn't be considered as trucing.Also,considering if the target is in a team,it is not trucing that the two players are shooting down the strongest.I would try to argue with that target politely so the rules can be understood by players.In this case,no punishment is made.However,I will still be watching the situation after that to confirm that they really aren't trucing.
    Scenario 3 (A player is spamming chat asking/begging people to join his team. No matter what you do he won't reason with you and continues to spam. What do you do? The same player returns later and begins doing it again, what do you do now?)
    First in first,mute or gag that toxic player for 5 minutes.Warn him to stop spamming words as it is considered as rules breaking.I would be pleasure to say sorry to other players if any inconvenience is made.Then,tell that player to refer to the rules and ask him if he got struggled about the game.After all of this,If he is like oops I did it again,then kick him from the server and put him on watchlist in discord.
    Scenario 4 (A player joins the server and immediately starts spamming chat with advertisements of another server. You've seen him do this before you were staff. What do you do as a junior moderator? What do you do as a moderator?)
    Since he has the same infraction I gave him before,I would immediately kick him like he immediately did spamming as a junior moderator and tell my staff team to put eyes on his steam ID.I would feel free to ban him as a moderator :).In these two case,I won't put effort on warning him cause I know it would be too late.
    Scenario 5 (A player shot a dead player's props 10 seconds after that player had died, what actions do you take? What actions do you take if the same player starts doing it maliciously next round?)
    From my experience,10 seconds is long enough to be considered as rules breaking which is prolonging the round and might be trucing.Therefore,I would slay him and warn him with the above reason(s).Tell him to refer to the rules.Warn and kick should be done if he starts doing it next round.

Any other information we might need
    Hong Kong is going down.For greater things have yet to come and greater things are still to be done in this city.~~~

• Like Like x 1
  2. counter

counter Godly Member Admin Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    co#2858
    Liberate Hong Kong! I've seen this player active on many occasions, think he would be the perfect fit for the community

I hope the best for your country and safety as well. Can't imagine what you're going through in such a chaotic world