1. Hello Guest, if you are applying for staff, make sure you have read through this thread before submitting your application. Please take into consideration that we are only looking for serious applicants that are active within the community and can wait approximately 2 weeks before evaluation.
    Dismiss Notice

Flood - Shadowy - Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Shadowy, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Shadowy

Shadowy Member Silver VIP

Staff Application for Shadowy

Application Position:
    Flood Moderator

United States of America
    Ingame Name:
    Shadowy
    Steam Profile URL:
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198196692714/
    Discord Tag:
    ReaperAef#6663
    Tell us about yourself:
    I am your average 13 year old boy who has a passion for video-games, reading mystery and action books, and just generally hanging out with friends and assisting others.

How long have you been a registered user on Steam:
    I have been on Steam since May 15, 2015
    How much time can you dedicate to do the position you chose:
    I'm on usually everyday, but school may cause me to be inactive. However, I am on for usually the whole weekend.
    Server playtime:
    5 days
    How did you find out about Devinity:
    Well, I just found out about this server by randomly scrolling through different gamemodes and just saw this game, so I decided to check it out and here I am now applying for staff.
    What can you bring to the Devinity Team:
    My only goal is to ensure that Devinity Flood is a safe and family friendly environment for people of all ages and races alike just get to play and enjoy a nice game of Flood! Also, we all know that the Devinity Network lacks staff members / administrators. This may cause a lot of problems such as prop pushing, minging and other things which affect the game.
    I am also multilingual, being able to speak Arabic, which allows me to communicate with members who may not have very good English skills, but are able to speak in Arabic.

Why do you want to be part of the Devinity Team:
    I would like to join the staff team to try and further my goal, which I stated in an application 3 years ago.
    Do you have any past experience with the position you've chosen:
    Yes, I am a former Junior Moderator for the Flood servers.
    Have you ever posted a ban request, and if so, was it accepted:
    No, I have not yet posted a ban request as I have not seen anyone really ban worthy.
    How fast/well can you type:
    I am able to type about 109 wpm.
    What is your favorite part of Devinity:
    My favorite part about Devinity was the very friendly and fun community that I was apart of in 2016-2017.
    If you got full command over Devinity, what is the first thing you would change:
    If I was given full control, I would try to increase the staff size for the community.

Flood Scenario Responses
    Scenario 1 (You witness a player leave a prop on another player's boat. The second player doesn't seem to notice. What do you do? What do you do if you find him doing it again next round?)
    The player who placed the prop would be warned and told to remove the prop off the other players boat. The owner of the boat will be told about what the other player has done. If he continues doing this, the evidence will be screenshotted and the player will be temporarily banned.
    Scenario 2 (You see two players whom are not on the same team shooting at a mutual target. While the players aren't close to each other, their target is claiming that they're trucing against him. What do you do?)
    If this claim is made, I would hop into spectator move and check if this is only happens one time. If the claim proves to be true, they would be warned and told to go over the rules. If the action is repeated, both players will be kicked from the server.

Scenario 3 (A player is spamming chat asking/begging people to join his team. No matter what you do he won't reason with you and continues to spam. What do you do? The same player returns later and begins doing it again, what do you do now?)
    The first time he does this, I would temporarily mute him and screenshot the chat for evidence. If he does this a second time, he will be muted for a longer duration of time. After the third strike, it would be a temporary ban for constant spamming and refusing to follow commands given.

Scenario 4 (A player joins the server and immediately starts spamming chat with advertisements of another server. You've seen him do this before you were staff. What do you do as a junior moderator? What do you do as a moderator?)
    As a junior moderator I would report him to a player of higher authority such as a Moderator or higher. If I was a Moderator, I would ban him permanently along with some evidence.

Scenario 5 (A player shot a dead player's props 10 seconds after that player had died, what actions do you take? What actions do you take if the same player starts doing it maliciously next round?)
    I warn the player after he shoots the player's dead props for the first time. But, if he is caught doing it again in the next round, he will be kicked from the game.

Any other information we might need
    I enjoy playing on Devinity Flood and I'm looking forward to help out with moderating the server and assisting players.

2. †Zzoppa†

†Zzoppa† Lolist Staff Member Server Moderator Contributor

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Zzoppa #1148
    Lol u back... So... 21 minutes for last one year it's not so cool. Improve ur activity, and mbe u can join to team. And so everything is good, especially since you were already jr

3. Shadowy

Shadowy Member Silver VIP

Yeah, sorry abt that, been busy with school and crap.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 7)