1. Hello Guest, if you are applying for staff, make sure you have read through this thread before submitting your application. Please take into consideration that we are only looking for serious applicants that are active within the community and can wait approximately 2 weeks before evaluation.
    Dismiss Notice

Flood - ShayL - Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by ShayL, Nov 10, 2021.

1. ShayL

ShayL Member Bronze VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    [RU]ShayL #1960
    Staff Application for ShayL

Application Position:
    Flood Moderator

Russia
    Ingame Name:
    ShayL
    Steam Profile URL:
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198239899050/
    Discord Tag:
    ShayL#1960
    Tell us about yourself:
    +- I appeared on this server on my birthday, I was very happy with it, this server was a real find, I really like it to this day, but unfortunately a few years ago I abandoned it because of my studies and the army, now I'm back and ready to resume my activities and work on this wonderful server. I found many friends on it, in many ways I would say that it brought me a lot of joyful emotions for my 124 lvl, at this moment I am a man with an average income, I work as a gas worker in the housing and communal services of the city of Neftekamsk of the Republic of Bashkortostan, so I don't have much time, but I am ready to devote this time to help my good old friend - this project.

How long have you been a registered user on Steam:
    6 years
    How much time can you dedicate to do the position you chose:
    2-4 hours a day
    Server playtime:
    5 days
    How did you find out about Devinity:
    Found this project on my birthday - 24/04/2016, this is a gift from the gods, I just simply clicked on the tab - FLOOD.
    What can you bring to the Devinity Team:
    I will bring some control to the server among the Russian community, I was a moderator about 2 years ago, I still remember a little how they work in this position, and how to control the players, make sure they follow simple rules.
    Why do you want to be part of the Devinity Team:
    I want to help this project, because it actually became my late youth, on this server I found many friends with whom I still communicate to this day.
    Do you have any past experience with the position you've chosen:
    Yes, I was a junior moderator on this server, I left this position because of my usual preparation for studies. There is also a lot of experience on many other Russian servers, not on this topic
    Have you ever posted a ban request, and if so, was it accepted:
    Yep, 2-3 request.
    How fast/well can you type:
    well - 300 letters per minute
    What is your favorite part of Devinity:
    Fun, friends, battles
    If you got full command over Devinity, what is the first thing you would change:
    I would bring a server specifically for Russians, because it is this part of the community that is mostly present on the server, I would hire a person to translate many things on the server from English into Russian, by pressing a certain key in the q menu.

Flood Scenario Responses
    Scenario 1 (You witness a player leave a prop on another player's boat. The second player doesn't seem to notice. What do you do? What do you do if you find him doing it again next round?)
    The first time I would warn the player that he was violating the rules, if he continued to commit such a crime, I would kick him - I would ban him only with the permission of the administrator/moderator
    Scenario 2 (You see two players whom are not on the same team shooting at a mutual target. While the players aren't close to each other, their target is claiming that they're trucing against him. What do you do?)
    To begin with, I would follow them for several games, if they continued not to shoot at each other, then I would take action against these violators, if everything is in order, then I convinced the player who accuses them that they are not guilty.
    Scenario 3 (A player is spamming chat asking/begging people to join his team. No matter what you do he won't reason with you and continues to spam. What do you do? The same player returns later and begins doing it again, what do you do now?)
    Spam in any form is prohibited, so I would just warn him if he continued - would kick, still - would notify the moderator / administrators.
    Scenario 4 (A player joins the server and immediately starts spamming chat with advertisements of another server. You've seen him do this before you were staff. What do you do as a junior moderator? What do you do as a moderator?)
    I would kick him, if he re-entered, I would ban him, if I didn't have the ability to ban, then I would notify the higher moderators.
    Scenario 5 (A player shot a dead player's props 10 seconds after that player had died, what actions do you take? What actions do you take if the same player starts doing it maliciously next round?)
    As far as I modestly know with my 124 lvl, farming on dead players is impossible, so I would just notify the player that he is delaying the game, and tell him to play and not delay it.

Any other information we might need
    My English is mediocre, but I am able to warn about violations of the rules and generally know how to speak on this language.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sotori

Sotori Flooderator Inc. Staff Member Admin Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    +1 Good responses, active member. You've been with us since October, which I appreciate. You have my support as long as you keep up the activity! :D

• Friendly Friendly x 2