Flood Suggestions [Archived]

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod: Flood' started by Bayrock, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick

Rick female nipple Gold VIP

Damage + Propulsion isn't a good idea, you'd attack and then be pushed out of the range of your target.

2. Dawson

Dawson Veteran Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Good Guy Bufo#0933
    I posted an idea a while ago about introducing free-floating naval mines that would only detonate when boats collide into them. However the original details were swept away when the forum was restarted, so I will need to write up the details again when I am less occupied.

3. Decap

Decap Super Radman

I was thinking of it being a dual use weapon. But if propulsion would cause that big of an issue, then no need to add it.

I posted one a couple weeks ago about mines as well. I like the though of collision trigger but if you think about it, people will end up just avoiding the mines altogether. Remote detonation would be better, or at least have it so you can do both.

4. Dawson

Dawson Veteran Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Good Guy Bufo#0933
    Welp, yes - originally my thought of the mines was that they would be best suited for defense. They would serve sufficiently as deterrents against players that like to be on the move.

If the mines need to be used for a direct attack, the following scenario would seem fit for the task:

(1) If a player snags an opponent's boat with a harpoon, tethers it closer to him/her, and then lobs a mine in the direction of the target, chances are that the inertia of the vessel will continue to propel it toward the explosive, causing a collision and detonation sequence.

5. Decap

Decap Super Radman

Yes true but think of the chances of that happening. It would be good for defense if more people were mobile, but the fact is most people stay where they are for the most part of the round. I personally do like to be mobile once there are only a few boats left. So I can see how that would deter me if there were mines. But more than likely I would just go around them. If you lobbed a mine at someone then it got close enough to detonate manually but not automatically, then it would seem like a waste if you couldn't detonate manually.

6. Bayrock

Bayrock Founder & Developer Staff Member Founder

Discord:
    Bayrock#2940
    In my opinion there becomes a bit of a logical conundrum whilst mixing flamethrowers and the Flood.

A weapon with incendiary secondary damage could certainly be created.

Feel free to post any weapon concepts that a member or the community have elaborated on. Always looking to expand on our content.

7. Sync

Sync Dedicated Member

Permanent Teams w/ stats.

Pay like 25 credits to create a perm a team and have a roster style based the same way as the temp ones but with a ranking board and permanent members. This ranking board shows the the stats for each players props destroyed, and total wins along with what team they're under.

It'd be easier to explain, but ye, mobile.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Decap

Decap Super Radman

Any thoughts on custom sounds? Could be used for taunts, Staff connect sounds, and for the round ending. Could even involve the point shop to buy custom sounds to be used. Good idea to mess around with.

I've seen some flood maps in the steam workshop, can we look into using any of them?

9. Rick

Rick female nipple Gold VIP

Yeah, could he have some sort of notification for when a staff member has joined the server? Because more often than not, people don't even realize that I am staff, it's not a big issue, I could just type. But... Y'know.

I've tested out many of the flood maps, to be honest, canal trumps them all by far.

10. Decap

Decap Super Radman

Yea exactly, I had to "convince" a server full of new people that I was staff even though it says it right next to my name. Convincing being "Break a rule and you will face my wrath"

11. Rollie

Rollie Devine Member Gold VIP

Should add more player models in store and maybe perks if possible....Is it also possible to add gun camo's?

12. Donkie

Donkie Founder & Senior Developer Platinum VIP

Discord:
    Donkie#2878
    This is something I currently do not support. It will create groups of people linked together in a bad way.

Taunts sounds like a great idea for a new shopitem indeed. Staff connect sounds sounds redundant and weird, I would dislike having it. Roundending sound seems great, got any idea on what type? Music? Bassdrop?

More shopitems is something we always want to put in and we got a long list of candidates, it's just that the process is pretty shitty and thus nobody gets arsed enough to do it.

Most addons out there are taken straight from the games they're ported from and thus most of them have 5mb+ textures and sounds, which is unacceptable for us because we want a quick join. Thus I have to compress everything and make sure everything works fluently.

Weapons are even more annoying to add because I have to fix up their shitty code 90% of the times and also strip them from many of their dumb features.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Decap

Decap Super Radman

I have tons of sounds on my computer at home. I could sift through them and send you the ones I like in a zip file later today.

14. Donkie

Donkie Founder & Senior Developer Platinum VIP

Discord:
    Donkie#2878
    Sounds great

15. Bayrock

Bayrock Founder & Developer Staff Member Founder

Discord:
    Bayrock#2940
    I'll jump on this soon. Gathering content that's 'fitting' for the Flood is the most daunting part.

16. Rollie

Display how many players are on each server. It would be nice to just check the website instead of having to launch Garry's mod and check the player list every time.

17. Decap

Decap Super Radman

Or you could just look at the Game Tracker banners on this page.

18. Decap

Decap Super Radman

I'm in the process of sending Donkie some sounds to sort through for taunts, start round, end round, and a couple others for whatever he want to use them with. I also have a couple ideas:

• Put an Ichthyosaur in the water. Provides extra danger to the players if they don't pay attention to well. It can be killed and will respawn after 30 sec or so? Dies when the Battle round ends and doesn't respawn until the next one begins.
    • Juggernaut round: Random 3 player team (changes with the amount of players on the server) gets selected to be the "Juggernauts". They have 3x as much health as do their props and weapons do 3x as much damage. Other players must work together and kill all of the Juggernauts to win the round. If any Juggernauts are left when the timer runs out, they lose.
    • NPC Boss round: This can be a little tricky as I don't know how much work would have to go into such an idea. Basically we would need to find an NPC that either flies or can stay above/in the water without being glitched or killed by the water. Preferably an NPC with very high health and projectiles that can damage boats and players. If anyone has any ideas or can link to an NPC in the workshop that would be great. Similar to Juggernaut round, all players will be teamed together to fight the NPC. They can work together and build a giant boat, or have many boats scattered around the map.

19. Rollie

Not bad suggestions.But as you said they seem to require a good amount of work. But it's up do Donkie and Bayrock.

20. Rollie

I support Decap's suggestion. Flood gets boring after awhile and if we want players to stay interested we need to think outside of the box a bit. It may take a lot of work but Devenity would standout in terms of flood if we implement such ideas in a positive way, could gain popularity in terms of the flood game mode.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.