Flood Suggestions [Archived]

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod: Flood' started by Bayrock, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dawson

Dawson Veteran Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Good Guy Bufo#0933
    If we're going for Halloween-esque music that'll fit the phases, then I've got a couple of ideas to throw out too.

BUILD PHASE

TimeSplitters: Future Perfect - Horror Tileset

TimeSplitters: Future Perfect - The Mansion of Madness

Worms 3D - Horror 3

BATTLE PHASE

TimeSplitters 2 - Hospital

Worms 3D - Horror 1

TimeSplitters: Future Perfect - Castle Tank Boss
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ebpL33yxyQ

MORTAR ROUND

Trauma Center: New Blood - Cardia Stigma ("Phase 1"; 0:00 - 2:58)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD5o78-2dv0

HASTE ROUND

TimeSplitters: Future Perfect - What Lies Below: Attack
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqOyZEizoGo
    ___________________________________________________​

PIRATE ROUND

TimeSplitters 2 - Notre Dame Boss
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2coXqi6g2SA
    ___________________________________________________​

TOWER ROUND

TimeSplitters: Future Perfect - Venice
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6i1t9mVQmg

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  2. Rollie

Rollie Devine Member Gold VIP

I commend you Dawson for suggesting Time Splitters music. The games are great.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Alex

Alex Mouth from the South

I want to propose an idea, that I told Jeff about :heart:

I had the idea of maybe having a competition and a reward at the end. In this competition I think their should only be a team of up to 2, and no more. That way no OP players can gain up on each other. To eliminate unknown truces (like people messaging each other on steam saying "oh I wont attack you if you don't attack me! They will never know over steam message!") we can have 1 team verses another. I also think maybe staff shouldnt be involved with the competition because staff to people are considered "op" and if one of the staff members win, they will be like "OH THEY CHEATED" -.- So, I think any of the staff shouldn't be apart of it. Anyone else should be allowed and approved for competing. Just let me know if you have any additional ideas. :) Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Decap

Decap Super Radman

A competition sounds fun, maybe give away VIP to the winners or some tokens (200?).

• Like Like x 1
  5. Alex

Thats what I was thinking. But staff cant be involved.

6. Decap

Decap Super Radman

Staff need to spectate to make sure everything goes smoothly at least.

7. Alex

Well I would hope so.

8. Decap

Decap Super Radman

Had to repost some of these songs because I can only post 5 "media" items in one post.

Fight stage:

9. Donkie

Donkie Founder & Senior Developer Platinum VIP

Discord:
    Donkie#2878
    Too much work for me to convert all those songs. I need them in MP3 format, if you can do that I can (almost) simply upload them and be done.

Also we need a LOT more songs for non-halloween. If we keep using the same 4-5 "sped up" songs they will get boring extremely fast.

10. Decap

Decap Super Radman

@Donkie I'll convert mine later today or tomorrow. I could find some Christmas music as well.

11. skullkid

skullkid Member

How about a new weapon. It could be called leech or something like that. It can be a thrown weapon that will slowly drain the health of what ever prop in landed on until shot off.

12. Decap

Decap Super Radman

Jeff was playing around last night and he spawned some Manhacks. It got me thinking about a possible weapon to deploy manhacks that won't hurt you or your boat, but will hurt others. Say you had a limit 10 you can spawn per round and a limit of 5 that can be deployed at one time.

13. Decap

Decap Super Radman

Can we re-introduce manually locking doors for when you want to leave your room? If you leave and someone else unknowingly walks in your room, your boat is gone and no way to bring it back. If we can't do that, then can we have the boat/props get teleported to the main room or something?

14. Alex

I get this problem all the time when someone asks me a question, or there is a problem going on, I HAVE to leave my boat in that room and address a situation. Then a player walks in, I lose my boat, and I have no idea who did it.

I think I will agree with Decap with Manual locking of doors. BUT, keep the Shield over the door. For instance. I walk in, I lock the room with the shield just by walking in, But also have a choice of Manually locking it as well so no one can get inside BUT ME or my team. NO idea if that's even possible, but yeah.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Decap

Decap Super Radman

Exactly, plus it needs to be tweaked with admins as we can no clip inside a room without deleting someones props/boat. Even if my room is locked manually, Alucard can be a dick and no clip inside, thus causing the boat deletion.

16. Donkie

Donkie Founder & Senior Developer Platinum VIP

Discord:
    Donkie#2878
    What if I add some delay to it like when you leave the room you have 30 or 60 seconds to get back before it gets purged.

17. Alex

That will work. I like that.

18. Decap

Decap Super Radman

60 seconds with a visual countdown on screen.

19. Decap

Decap Super Radman

@Donkie I have a few suggestions on how to make the !play function more user friendly.

-Have a queue if possible. Using !play will cause the previous song to be stopped in favor of the next one. A queue will make that song play after the current one has ended. Also put a limit on how many songs one person can queue up.
    -A tab menu for songs would be great. I know you have it in the works to have a list of current playable songs, putting this in a Staff only tab in Q menu would be ideal. Being able to edit your own added songs (if you can add songs) would be a great bonus.
    -Numpad hotkey buttons for songs. Again, not sure if this is even possible. I was thinking that more than likely this would be client side, not server side. Hotkeys could be edited in the Tab menu I suggested above.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Decap

Decap Super Radman

Can we remove individual materials from the material list? Some of you may know that recently I used one of the materials that looked fine without water, but once the water came up it was nearly invisible, so much that I couldn't even stay on my boat because I couldn't see where it was. That in turn caused someone to report me for using an invisible boat. There are a number of materials that can cause this and removing those that do can keep things like this from happening again to other vip players who unknowingly put one of them on their boat. There literally is no reason to have the materials there if they are against the rules to use. I can even go through and find which materials would need to be removed if need be.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.