Flood Suggestions [Archived]

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod: Flood' started by Bayrock, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex

Alex Mouth from the South

I tihnk I have asked this question before and I think the answer was that there was no possible way seeming it wasnt floods tool? Its a garrysmod tool? Is there any possible way? Because I heard that you cant take certain materials away if its not your games tool.

2. Donkie

Donkie Founder & Senior Developer Platinum VIP

Discord:
    Donkie#2878
    Please list all materials that is an issue and I'll sort it out.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Decap

Decap Super Radman

comball_tape
    comball_sphere
    vol_light001
    portalball001_sheet
    stasissheild_sheet
    tank_glass001.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Decap

Decap Super Radman

@Taki'Asha
    I agree.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dr. Pit Lazarus

Dr. Pit Lazarus Angelic Web Developer Gold VIP

Dr. Pit's Suggestions
    Improvements

Solution to Prevent Prop Farming! - Once a player dies, their props will be immediately refunded and deleted. Thus players cannot prop farm dead players' props. (This will also prevent dead props covering alive player boats.) For players in teams, all players in a team must be dead in order for the props to be refunded. Simple huh? And staff doesn't have to slay them anymore! Hurray!!
    Temporary Weapons - This improvement is mainly for newbies. This will allow players to try weapons before they buy it permanently. No one likes to buy something they don't like. These temporary weapons will be set for a number of rounds before they expire.
    In-game Colours - Personally I don't like having to add a tag to my name to make it a different colour in-game chat. I know this is probably due to the chat system. But if it possible have a in-game name editor to change colours of names, that would nice. Also if you could change the colour of the current player in tab so it is easy to find your name.
    Fix the Roof/teleport to spawn shenanigans - The most annoying thing ever. Increase the height limit for the invisible roof or place the roof back!
    Team Balancing - I'm sure this is being worked on...
    Special Round Vote - This will be a vote that anyone can cast. It will bring up a menu that allows all players to vote for a special round. (Much like the map voting in CS:GO) Majority of votes will win and the special round will be queued next round. The vote can only be casted once every 3 normal rounds.

Special Rounds

Tower Round - Many people don't like tower round mainly because not knowing what to do and losing a lot of money. I suggest that we lower the cost for props in this round. Perhaps 50-75% off the cost. Special rounds are meant to be fun (right?), not about losing a bunch of money.
    Restricted Weapons - A new round where only certain weapons will be used. All players will be given all of the weapons allowed for this round. Every round will have a different set of allowed weapons.

I'll post whatevers left in my idea bubble later. Thank you for reading! :heart:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Decap

Decap Super Radman

I really like your ideas @Dr. Pit Lazarus, you should join us in the next staff meeting.

7. Dr. Pit Lazarus

Dr. Pit Lazarus Angelic Web Developer Gold VIP

Aww, that's kind @Decap :heart:

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  8. Decap

Decap Super Radman

@Donkie I've made a few (what I think) good ideas in this thread that haven't gotten any responses or have been put on the back burner. Same goes with @Dawson, he and I both had some good ideas in this thread that I think could be implimented. I especially want to look into my ideas about the Ichthyosaur, Boss, & Juggernaught rounds.

9. Donkie

Discord:
    Donkie#2878
    Yeah sorry, I tend to not read the forums too often and I've fallen behind on this thread.

As a hobby coder I usually do what I like doing, which leaves me to often do things that weren't suggested in the past, but is something I'd like to try do.

I also would like to add that we have over 20 ideas and 11 "major" ideas in our list of things to do, so it's not like we're growing out of stuff to do.

10. Donkie

Discord:
    Donkie#2878
    Mines are a good idea but right now it feels like too much work for low gain. People don't move around much with their boats so the mines wouldn't do much.

Just added a random event vote. We feel that currently having a specific event vote isn't good cause people will spam same events which will make them bored of it.

Flood isn't about "serious" building, it's about slapping together a boat in short time and making it useful. Things like easy precision and smartsnap feels weird for flood IMO.

Competition is a thing we've considered for a while. There's a lot of work to be done though.

NPC's are generally laggy so we want to avoid them.

- Queue is a good idea
    - Songs list is on its way
    - Not sure about this one, you don't play that many songs that you need binds for them.

* Removing props after people die is not something I want done, it'll feel empty and not like a battlefield.
    * Temporary weapons feels like a good idea but it also feels like a lot of work in the background, probably more than what it's worth.
    * Chat color tags were in COD games for the PC aswell and I didn't see anyone complain. Perhaps I should short them to \0 \1 \2 etc?
    * Roof teleport thing was only during the christmas event, we'll reconsider such feature next time it comes around.
    * Team balancing is in the planning phase at the moment.
    * Read up

* Tower round has had prop cost lowered, please bring feedback on how we can improve it additionally
    * Restricted weapons is a event idea we've had aswell. It feels difficult to balance though, I have a gut feeling that it won't work as intended.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Dawson

Dawson Veteran Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Good Guy Bufo#0933
    Dawson's Utility Suggestion
    ---------------------------------------

• Life Ring - Is you boat on the verge of capsizing? Are you about to take an unexpected drink in the canal? Well do not despair (right away) because deploying an emergency life ring can keep you high and dry in a pinch. A typical life ring will have ~65 HP and will be buoyant enough to support a single occupant's weight. Only a single ring can be carried and deployed at any given time. Choose wisely when to use it!

I believe there's a life ring model available for use from CounterStrike: Source.

12. Donkie

Discord:
    Donkie#2878
    Good idea! However this will perhaps increase people swimming around with the machine gun shooting shit near them, gaining huge damage done. If they are smart they wont be seen either.

13. Dawson

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Good Guy Bufo#0933
    Blah. Good point--I had a feeling there'd be issues with the machine gunners too. But thanks for the feedback! Perhaps instead the life ring could be a future standalone prop (it could be an addition to the Other category with said health or more... or less).

In due time I'll be adding more content to the last post (just to keep things less cluttered).

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  14. Decap

Decap Super Radman

I'm bringing this idea up again. A Few changes I would make from last time. Juggernauts dont have increased health and neither do their props, weapons do not have increased damage (at least not 3x, maybe. 1.5x). But they do however have an increased prop limit to 30 props each and reduced prop price of 50%. Similar teaming as in the Team Round where there is a red and blue team. In this case, the Juggernauts are red and normal players are blue. I would think it would be relatively easy to make this game mode by changing some values here and there.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Dawson

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Good Guy Bufo#0933
    * * * Flood Challenges * * *

Care to take a page or two from the wonderful TimeSplitters series? Okey-doke then, here's what I have to bring to the suggestion table: Aesthetic and character unlocks via "Flood Challenges". Completing Flood Challenges can reward players with the ability to purchase special store trinkets (which remain hidden from view beforehand), but they are more difficult or time intensive (or both...) to complete. The amount of themes available to base challenges on should be enough to work around with. Some can emphasize on weapon and utility usage while others can focus on gameplay, for instance.

(1) Player model aesthetics:

(2) Player models:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Decap

Decap Super Radman

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dawson

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Good Guy Bufo#0933
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Decap

Decap Super Radman

Can we make it to where the battle phase music starts when the water starts to rise instead of when the phase actually starts. I just find it very ominous when battle music plays while the water is rising, especially when "starwars" is played.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Alex

Alex Mouth from the South

THIS JUGGERNAUTS CRAP NEEDS TO BE ADDED ;-; ITS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL IDEA

• Like Like x 2
  20. Decap

Decap Super Radman

To add to it, If there is already a team with the needed amount of players, say 3, that team will get a pop up of if they want to be the juggernauts next round.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.