1. Hello Guest, if you are applying for staff, make sure you have read through this thread before submitting your application. Please take into consideration that we are only looking for serious applicants that are active within the community and can wait approximately 2 weeks before evaluation.
    Dismiss Notice

Flood - yagger - Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by yagger, Feb 24, 2021.

1. yagger

yagger Member

Server:
    Flood
    Staff Application for yagger

Application Position:
    Flood Moderator

United States of America
    Ingame Name:
    yagger
    Steam Profile URL:
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198159291230/
    Discord Tag:
    YAGGER#3496
    Tell us about yourself:
    I speak the truth on most everything, I don't give a shit about what anyone says to me (insults)

How long have you been a registered user on Steam:
    since october 18th 2014
    How much time can you dedicate to do the position you chose:
    Atleast 4 hours a day.
    Server playtime:
    2 days
    How did you find out about Devinity:
    I searched for flood on the server browser because I saw the gamemode on youtube.
    What can you bring to the Devinity Team:
    Staffing on flood.
    Why do you want to be part of the Devinity Team:
    So I can staff on flood and stop people from being overly obnoxious (prop blocking, spam, laggy boats, ect.)
    Do you have any past experience with the position you've chosen:
    I've staffed on a couple of sandbox servers.
    Have you ever posted a ban request, and if so, was it accepted:
    I've never posted a ban request before.
    How fast/well can you type:
    Around 85 wpm.
    What is your favorite part of Devinity:
    The flood community.
    If you got full command over Devinity, what is the first thing you would change:
    Freedom of speech. allowing you to say anything, I mean ANYTHING no matter how offensive or disgusting.

Flood Scenario Responses
    Scenario 1 (You witness a player leave a prop on another player's boat. The second player doesn't seem to notice. What do you do? What do you do if you find him doing it again next round?)
    Ask him if he's doing it intentionally, if he says yes then I tell him to never do it again, if he says no and I see him doing it again I warn him.
    Scenario 2 (You see two players whom are not on the same team shooting at a mutual target. While the players aren't close to each other, their target is claiming that they're trucing against him. What do you do?)
    If they are constantly shooting down all other boats until the end of the round then killing each other I tell them not to do it, if they continue I warn both.
    Scenario 3 (A player is spamming chat asking/begging people to join his team. No matter what you do he won't reason with you and continues to spam. What do you do? The same player returns later and begins doing it again, what do you do now?)
    I mute him for five minutes, if he keeps doing it I mute him for ten.
    Scenario 4 (A player joins the server and immediately starts spamming chat with advertisements of another server. You've seen him do this before you were staff. What do you do as a junior moderator? What do you do as a moderator?)
    I kick or ban him.
    Scenario 5 (A player shot a dead player's props 10 seconds after that player had died, what actions do you take? What actions do you take if the same player starts doing it maliciously next round?)
    It depends, if the last player left besides him is drowning with no boat to return to then I wouldn't care, if he is shooting dead players props while theres people alive shooting at him I would warn him.

Any other information we might need
    I was kicked for saying something relatively mild (/buyblackslaves)
    resulting in the yellow exclamation mark next to my name ingame.

2. Jacket

Jacket Member Staff Member Server Moderator

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Jacket_72#9462

If you got full command over Devinity, what is the first thing you would change:
    " Freedom of speech. allowing you to say anything, I mean ANYTHING no matter how offensive or disgusting."

-1 from me. This is already a rule in our Server for a VERY good reason.
    I am not surprised you mentioning this since you have been warned for Racism twice

on future applications I recommend to not open with "I don't give a shit" on about yourself.
    If you do not care after yourself how can we entrust you with the server?

3. [EF] FironTheFox

[EF] FironTheFox Member Staff Member Senior Server Moderator Server Moderator

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    !/Firon"Fox"MapleZ\!#7410
    Racism
    Spam

4. mantis

mantis Flood Master Server Moderator Bronze VIP

Server:
    Flood
    -1 Yeah I have to agree with what was said above.