On Hold Hard Mode - For when flood is just too easy.

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod: Flood' started by jeffreythe00, Jul 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeffreythe00

jeffreythe00 Dreamer

This should be implementable by either Donkie or Bayrock. It will however require a large amount of code.

I personally think this idea is worth implementing since it can definitely open a whole new branch of things that could be added. New achievements and possibly other unlockable stuff.

2. jeffreythe00

jeffreythe00 Dreamer

Anyone in for adding?

Ammo capacity is reduced by %50
    Required Level to toggle Hard Mode - 75

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rollie

Rollie Devine Member Gold VIP

I suggest physical rewards such as player skins and guns.

That should depend on server pop.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2016
  4. jeffreythe00

jeffreythe00 Dreamer

Heyyy, scaling ammo. Interesting idea! Would be a trending feature if ammo increased for the amount of players on the server. That would entice people to join, so they can get more money!

Yeah, I totally agree on the physical items too. It really gives an incentive to play. (I have all guns... now what..? "Me: Well now that you're a total badass because you have all guns, you can show everyone just how badASS you are with HARD MODE!"). With 2.0 coming out, it opens a lot of possibilities with the new additions.

5. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Veteran Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    It shouldn't really be weapons because new players will have no chance against level 75+ given they have OP weapons now. I'd stick to vanity items like player models and hats.

6. jeffreythe00

jeffreythe00 Dreamer

^ I'm not sure if we're on the same page or not. The ammo scaling would work for everyone, so everyone would have the same amount of ammo. The ammo you get now is essentially unlimited when server population is low. So everyone will have less ammo overall. This wouldn't effect noobs as much because because Veteran players won't be able to just dump all 4 rockets and all 5 grenades into a noobs boat, when a noob only has smg/pistol. It will also make it more challenging. OFC just my opinion.

7. Legacy™

Legacy™ Dedicated Member

I think this is a really cool and unique idea. However it it sounds to me like it will take a long time to fully balance and code this properly into the game. Most likely won't come with the 2.0 update.

8. Seth

Seth That Guy Platinum VIP Gold VIP

I know that but I didn't know if he was or was not someone who knew the game's mechanics engine.
    Edit: this might look weird here, I was gone yesterday that is why I just got to this srry.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.