Hot Potato

Discussion in 'Event Ideas' started by Cozygung, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Cozygung

Cozygung Dank Memeber

The teams and props remain the same.

In battle round, there will be one randomly selected player which will have the "potato" aka. the bomb.
    If the player holds the "potato" for too long (Possibly 5 seconds and maybe getting shorter each pass), then it will explode, damaging the props near the player.

So, to avoid this from happening, the player must throw it to other people.

The player can not throw it to the previous 5 players which had already grabbed the "potato" and can only pass it to a team member once before having to throw it to others.

When the "potato" is thrown and goes past within a certain radius of a player and/or their props (enough for the player to catch it) and the player was unable to catch it, the catcher would be punished rather than the thrower. This is to prevent people from dodging it.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Sgt. Orange

Sgt. Orange Weaponsmith

Hmm interesting idea, much better than your previous ones, I will thumb this up, you should edit the post a bit, clean it up so that it is easier to read.

3. hatefulmeme

hatefulmeme Greasy Vault-Boi Contributor Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    A number of things to point out:

1) unless everyone can throw like superman, this encourages people to bunch together to throw the thing around. This means teams can steamroll lone players at close range with the added fact that they might blow up from a potato

2) 5 seconds is not a very good time. its seems very unforgiving for mistakes and unfair for someone to suddenly get the potato and blow up. Maybe 15 seconds would be good.

3) people can easily time it so the potato can explode when it reaches them.

I'm not trying to shut this idea down since It's a good idea on paper but it needs some improvements

4. Cozygung

Cozygung Dank Memeber

Let me clear some misunderstandings because it seems you sortta misunderstood it. The potato will only blow up if you hold it for more than 5 seconds, not AFTER 5 SECONDS. In other words, it's not a "time bomb" which will blow up 5 seconds after spawning in, but rather a bomb that will blow up if a player holds onto it for too long, just like the normal hot potato. But I do agree that it should be slightly lengthened.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can also name some improvements whether if they are good or not:

You can add 1 or 2 more "potatos" to make it more difficult and interesting, but also to speed up the round. (This could be done maybe later in the round, after 1 min mark or so)
    To prevent targetting, it will be the same 5 player rule and also, the player can not hold more than 1 potato and if thrown to the player who already has a potato, then the thrower will be out.

Possibly freezing the props when at the top so that it is not glitchy when you move around the boat.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  5. -=Combine0007 |CMBS|=-

-=Combine0007 |CMBS|=- Member

Hot potato explodes irl?? :open_mouth_smile:
    Overall, seems like a good idea, but I didnt get what would happen if potato explodes? New one is being spawned?

6. Cozygung

Cozygung Dank Memeber

Yes, it will respawn.
    Only one person in each team can hold the potato.
    The ratio of number of potatoes compared to number of players should be equivalent or lower than 1:2

7. †Zzoppa†

†Zzoppa† Lolist Contributor Silver VIP Bronze VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Zzoppa #1148
    Under this scheme, you can make a battle with the endless hammers that you need to throw :thinking:

8. Cozygung

Cozygung Dank Memeber

Maybe. It might take abit for people to start dying from the potatos at the start of the round so we might need other ways that the player can die.

9. WoLF/James

WoLF/James Member

Not a bad idea itself but I don't think gmod would really allow for the best of this idea.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. WolfMan

WolfMan If You Can Dream It,You Can Do It. Platinum VIP

I think it's an actually good idea man,keep it up,i would love to see it on flood.