I'm Sorry BOT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Logster, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Logster

Logster Logest Of All Logs Silver VIP

Hey guys most of you that know me understand that I am on a week vacation to New York. Although I am going to be inactive In game I am still checking fourms every hour. I have seen the progress of BOT's unban request and want to apologize. I jumped to conclusions and thought when you said "I killed server 1" I thought you meant DDOS or crashing it. And when you said Might Go To Server 2 I thought you meant you were going to DDOS server 2 also. So I called staff and Wolf was the first one to respond he was professional in this situation and stayed calm and collected. The TeamSpeak chat looked like you were talking about DDOS when you were using words such as "killing server one." So then I sent a picture to Dawson and he posted it in admin slack. Then the staff did there thing I do not have the fourm so I can't really speak for them. But I want everyone to please stop picking on Wolf and Dawson and accept that it was my stupid mistake jumping to a conclusion such as DDOS. Wolf and Dawson were just doing there jobs and following there training and there expirence. So I would like to apologize to BOT for getting him a ban that was not needed. I want to apologize to Wolf for wasting his time on TeamSpeak. And I want to apologize to Dawson for making him think that there was something that could harm Devinity. I hope all of you can accept my apology and accept that I made a mistake. I will still be posting after today although I am on vacation. Thank you.

-Logan Suarez

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mapplesauce

Mapplesauce twentyseven character title

I really like that you apologized but you have to be way more careful next time. I don't understand why you would call a mod when he said "we killed the server". Saying "we killed the server" is absolutely not a threat, even if he was being serious- because he said KILLED, in the past tense; meaning, he killed the server already. And, if there was a DDOSS attack it would have happened long ago. Meaning, the best thing to do in that situation is to check the servers to see if any are down, and if they weren't, he obviously didn't DDOSS anything. Which he didn't.

It's seriously common sense if you know the fundamentals of English. No offense, but if someone properly used their brain and wasn't hasty, this whole mess could have completely have been avoided. God damn, if there was even a shred of ambivalence, this could have been avoided.

You say it was completely your fault because the staff involved made a decision based off their position, but I heavily disagree.

Perhaps evaluating the situation longer, interrogating the person, and being patient would have reached a more legitimate conclusion for the staff involved?. Use some rational thought before getting a guy perma banned, for fucks sake. The worst thing about all of this was that the innocent guy that was accused and immediately punished severely, was demanded an apology for a fuck-up that a staff member did. That makes absolutely no sense. If a guy got accused of murder, went to jail, and 30 years later was let go, there is no fucking reason why he should apologize. And yes, maybe Bot got a bit pissy and underlined a bunch of flaws he saw in Devinity, and I say that's absolutely fine given his circumstances. There is no reason why he wouldn't get pissy, and forcing him to apologize is absolutely inane and inconsiderate of his feelings. It's seriously just "Hi, I made a mistake and permanently banned you even though you're innocent, but hell with you if you think I'm saying sorry. Apologize for me fucking up, please."

This was a ridiculous misunderstanding and I absolutely HATE how the staff members refused to apologize despite clearly fucking up (ego much?), and is somehow upset at the guys behavior for getting permanently banned for no reason. An apology to this guy would be greatly appreciated.

Stop being so authoritarian- punishments aren't supposed to be given out this quickly and rashly, it's called reasonable doubt. It's why ban reports don't get approved willy nilly, and they're carefully considered.

I am not advocating for the demotion or punishment of any staff involved with this incident, but fuck I want to address this. An apology from one of them to Bot would be good too.

I don't care if this creates something stupid like drama, I'd rather this be addressed then swept under the rug despite being a huge issue. There's a good difference between helpful drama and bad drama.

If this is the direction Devinity is going in, there shouldn't be any confusion of why this community is going in the gutter. This is a god damn gaming community, not a super serious dictatorship society where people get punished without any logical reasoning involved. People need to understand this.

I've said what I need to have said and I absolutely stand by it.

@Bot (RADIO): Affirmative.
    @The Wolf Whisperer

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. counter

counter Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    co#2858
    Yeah, its on our behalf that we didn't even apologize for a situation like this. Sorry. (yeah its simple, but its what all I have to offer)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Seth

Seth That Guy Platinum VIP Gold VIP

Ok well, I am also glad that you apologized Logster.

But to be honest, when I saw the evidence they had for the DDOS threat I was very disappointed, but decided to keep my opinion to myself because they actually went through with the ban and I felt I would be tackled metaphorically at the waist and pinned to the ground if I had said anything about it then. I agree with Mapple but just not as strongly put. I mean, I would say stuff like that (we killed the server) because when I am on with an OP team like was stated in the evidence, people leave a lot, killing the server, I perfectly understood that it was not a DDOS threat the moment I had read it, just a couple of dudes talking.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. counter

counter Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    co#2858
    We just took things out of context. We all make mistakes, we're human and we own up to it. None of us really paid attention tbh until someone snapped us out of it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Logster

Logster Logest Of All Logs Silver VIP

This is exactly why I made this thread. To own up to my mistake and accept that I fucked up.

• Like Like x 1
  7. The Wolf Whisperer

The Wolf Whisperer Alpha Wolf

While you didn't waste my time, I'm still thanking you for bringing it to my attention in the first place. I'll be the next one to swallow my pride then. Yesterday I sparked a conversation with Dawson and told him it could possibly be a misunderstanding. I brought up points about Bot making comments about it being a mistake in both the posted video and the shout box which had slipped by Dawson unnoticed at the time. I'm going to keep it simple for those not wishing to read an essay. Obviously his text, to me personally, sounded like a DDOS attack and being the person I am I think with server safety and security as priority one. I apologize for my actions and will say they were with good intentions at heart. With the recent attacks on our community I still remain at high-alert and am very quick to shoot down people who post stuff with a potential attack in them. It was an honest mistake and indeed we all are only human. Mistakes are unavoidable in life and we hope you will return to us with no grudges held.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2