Investing

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod: Flood' started by Wolfgang, Apr 11, 2016.

?

1. yay

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. nay

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Veteran Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Before I go I want to drop my latest suggestion.

The betting idea in flood is gay and we can all agree on that, but this is different.

If you know a good player or possibly team (idk how that will work) you can invest in them. Works just like the stock market...the more they win the more return you get. Players can not invest more than 25% of their net on one player. this prevents a millionaire from investing in someone he knows will do well and increasing his profits.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. counter

counter Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    co#2858
    its dumb just like the betting, flood cash is easy to get now and i dont see the point into putting all this extra effort into shit like these

edit: more effort being put in

I don't really like this idea because what's the point of using this while it is very easy to earn quick cash. I doubt Donkie will put the effort in to add something that will be as useless as this.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Wolfgang

Server:
    Flood
    Thanks for a real authentic response.

Flood cash may be easy to get, but with new hats and shit being added. Money is going to be on high demand to collect more things. It would be extremely easy to implement. Something Donkie could prob do in 5mins if he put his mind to it.

U clearly don't like the idea and are looking for excuses so it doesn't look like ur giving in no input (which it still does)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Duck Marketer

Duck Marketer Active Member Bronze VIP

I think that adding a system where players can exploit money in the future to their advantage is not very good. It would require a lot of security measures and a lot of processes to be thought out. Your suggestion is very vague and has lots of possible loopholes which i'm sure is not intended but it's not stated above.

If the system were to be where you can invest money into a player and they won you would get a certain percentage back then here are some exploits.. EX. Bet 1,000 on a team. They win. Get 1,500 back
    -Go into a empty server with a friend and bet all/most of your money on them and then suicide causing you to gain money.
    -Betting large lumps of cash like 500,000 or 100,000 and winning causing you to have millions within hours/minutes

Thus, the system has many ways to be exploited, but anything that can be exploited also has a possibility of being prevented. To prevent empty server farming you can maybe set a population requirement and to prevent over-cash farming you can set a limit to how much you bet daily/hourly or a max to the amount you can bet.

In my opinion I disagree with this suggestion in a serious perspective but if I were to not care about the server (not saying those who support it don't) then I would support it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. counter

counter Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    co#2858
    Bro I'm just saying, it is unnecessary as of right now. Yeah it is high on demand when more shit are being added but in just about a few hours, an average player can get what they want in less than 4 hours of being in the server. I don't think Donkie can't be assed to do this right now but possibly in the future for Flood revamp, it could be handy but will be completely useless later on towards player progression.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wolfgang

Server:
    Flood
    You loopholed yourself. Its investing not betting. large difference. If you try to suicide to gain money you'll lose more money from losing the round then gaining money. Also check what I said only 25% can be invested. You're overthinking it. You don't get the cash you invested after the round ends. Long term.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. Ethan

Ethan Emo

trash betting 2.0

• Like Like x 1
  8. Skittles

Skittles Taco Hater

Does the money come from the server or other players that have also "Invested" in that round?

9. Wolfgang

Server:
    Flood
    server

• Like Like x 1
  10. Donkie

Donkie Founder & Senior Developer Platinum VIP

Discord:
    Donkie#2878
    It would be cool if the investment changed based on playerlevel, with a daily cost.

Say I invest 1000 in a new level 10 player, for every level he gets I get a 10% return. But every day I also lose 2% of my investment. This means that it'll only be useful investing in new players who level up quickly. Investing in high level people will be useless because they don't level up very fast, and investing in new people who doesn't stick around will also be a loss.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.