Level System.

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod: Flood' started by Rick, Jul 6, 2014.

?

Level system.

1. Yay.

100.0%
  2. Nay.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick

Rick female nipple Gold VIP

Hello Deviniants.

Today I would like to propose an additional system to Flood, something that would provide more competition between players. It wouldn't provide them with any actual benefits, just something to show off, it'd also give players something more to aim for, other that straight up raw cash.

There would be a leveling system, this could go off of multiple things that can be tracked reasonably easy, and would become exponentially more difficult to level up with time.

I suggest this.

(Level) = log1.5(Cash Earned) + log1.3(Rounds Won) + (Achievements/2)
    Rounded down.
    So, For example, if a player has won 12 rounds, has earned a total of 120k, and has unlocked 7 achievements, the level would be at.

=~ 28.8440 + 9.4712 + 3.5 =~ 41

Wheras, a more involved player may have these stats.
    2M earned, 24 Achievements, 57 rounds won.
    And that players level would be at.

=~ 35.7827 + 15.41 + 12 =~ 63

As you can see, it would be deliberately easier for newer players to rank up than it is for established players, giving them both something to aim for.

However, new players would actually not start at Level 1 if this method was to be used, perhaps another one could be used if possible, because of having 1 achievement upon joining, and 10000 cash, they would start at level 23 :s.

Perhaps this could be used.

(Level) = (log1.5(Cash Earned) + log1.3(Rounds Won) + (Achievements/2)) -23

2. Mango

Mango The Australian Down Under Gold VIP

Don't know maths but love the idea!

3. Bayrock

Bayrock Founder & Developer Staff Member Founder

Discord:
    Bayrock#2940
    Well the only thing I have to mention about the idea initially is that I appreciate the thought you've put into out. However, this is another one of those ideas we'v had in the past, and if I recall properly @Donkie was not all that enthusiastic about it for one reason or another.

Maybe if he sees this he can further comment on the idea and the possibility of its implementation.

4. Donkie

Donkie Founder & Senior Developer Platinum VIP

Discord:
    Donkie#2878
    I was not enthusiastic about it because it added another level of OP'ness to veteran players, but that was if the leveling system gave bonuses. A simple grading system like this sounds simple enough. Good idea, added to our glorious secret list of ideas.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.