New server: DarkRP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Panci┬as, Oct 25, 2015.

?

Should DarkRP be added to Devinity's servers

Poll closed Nov 1, 2015.
  1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Maybe

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. To complicated

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Panci┬as

Panci┬as Dedicated Member

Why:
    Although making this server would requier a lot, this would also bring a lot of profit and also is very fun! as the saying goes "more the work, more the gain" (sorry for the bad enlgish, its transated from spanish) if we can make a server with this mod, which is currently the most popular, we could apply many VIP benefits to this one, making the server have more donors and making more money, also as I've played this a lot its a really fun gamemod.
    Difficulties:
    Despite the fact that this would be a great server, taking aside the amount of plugins and addons that should be added to it, this also means more ban requests, more people breaking rules, and most important the amount of people that would enter the page would be enormous, so the solution to that is to make a separated section/page for this said server, so the Jailbrake server or the Flood server doesn't get mixed.
    All the addons I have a great place to take them from, or some of them, which are really useful so that people don't brake the rules. I don't know if its wrong to copy another server's addons but a great one to copy some of them is the Redacted server. (If not I can find the addons)

Advantages:
    As more people gets in, the higher the demand of staff apps, ban requests, protests, bug reports, but it also smeans more donors, by adding a lot of tools/guns/items/cash/skins to the VIP benefits would bring more donors to the comunity, also we would also expand the jailbrake/flood comunity if people log into the page and find out (or other ways). But also not everything is money, DarkRP is a really fun gamemod (or at least I find it fun) which has tons and tons of players login in every day, also some of those players can bring new ideas to the server, also they can become staff members and help on all Devinity servers (Flood-DarkRP-Jailbrake).

Please take this into consideration
    Any doubt ask in the commets.
    Enjoy!

2. Ethan

Ethan Emo

I don't really think it is a good idea. Your main reason for a Dark RP server is the money. I don't really believe in making one just for more money, instead it should be fun for everyone. More ban request????? Have more ban request is awful, that means more people are breaking the rules on our server. More staff applications, can be good and bad. From what I seen, if we do create a Dark RP server, people will have to reapply, because some might not know the game mode as much as others.

3. SilverMario

SilverMario Golden

DarkRP is over played and needs to be seriously moderated all the time. And there's already like two-thousand other servers that host this gamemode, where's the fun in that? Plus in my opinion DarkRP is just a serious RP for bad role players.

4. Donkie

Donkie Founder & Senior Developer Platinum VIP

Discord:
    Donkie#2878
    Has been discussed before. Not gonna happen. I've got a good experience running DarkRP servers and I'm not doing it again, it's not fun and it's not worth it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. jeffreythe00

jeffreythe00 Dreamer

Firstly:

[​IMG]

Secondly: Donkie is going away for a few weeks. This would be a HUGE project and I don't think Donkie and Bayrock want to start something especially on this scale.

Thirdly: DarkRP's are very hard to manage. Right now we have trouble keeping the flood servers Moderated. DarkRP is a WHOLE new beast when it comes to administration.

Lastly: I don't think Devinity should be taking resources away from what is already being worked on. Jailbreak needs a LOT of work still. So if DarkRP were to be considered, it won't likely be for a few years.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Donkie

Donkie Founder & Senior Developer Platinum VIP

Discord:
    Donkie#2878
    I'm not going away, I'm just not available the next weekends lol

7. Panci┬as

Panci┬as Dedicated Member

Too all, I know is hard do manage, and yes its very diffucult but maybe DarkRP players can become those 24/7 admins on the server, still it would be pretty hard to make, and this is not for now, its not for money, I just said that because of course Donkie and Bayrock would be getting money from this, and last if it has been discused before then close it and done......

8. jeffreythe00

jeffreythe00 Dreamer

No need to beat yourself down. I'm sure you meant this to be a good thing, so its alright. This is what the forum is for.

In the future though, if you're not sure if something was suggested. You can do a search and see what it comes up with.

• Like Like x 1
  9. counter

counter Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    co#2858
    I don't really like the concept of DarkRP, too much people will apply with no experience at all and will do it for the powers only.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Bayrock

Bayrock Founder & Developer Staff Member Founder

Discord:
    Bayrock#2940
    I've taken lead with the Jailbreak recently. I agree we should continue to expand on it, and promote it so we can allow it to grow naturally. I intend to use this week to prepare a nice update for this weekend, and we'll only continue to expand on it with time too. We're bound to gain traction at some point, and I'll be scheduling Steam Group events, so look out for those too!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Decap

Decap Super Radman

I agree with jeff, We need to focus on Jailbreak and get it going. It's basically been just sitting around for the past couple months since release so we really need to buckle down and get people to go on there regularly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. NYFOX12

NYFOX12 Active Member

In my eyes Devinity is more of a smaller community, Nice fun concepts and ideas into a few smaller game modes with endless replay ability. DarkRP is to complicated, I like devinity how it is, nice, balanced, relaxed

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Decap

Decap Super Radman

Again, DarkRP will not happen anytime soon. Thread closed.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.