Pokemon GO

Discussion in 'Gaming + Technology' started by Roflcopter Rogers, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Veteran Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Invest in one of those wifi jets, so you can carry around your wifi with you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Roflcopter Rogers

Roflcopter Rogers Least From The East Platinum VIP

I did this for my friend, he didn't have cellular either.

3. Decap

Decap Super Radman

41? Proof pls

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. The Wolf Whisperer

The Wolf Whisperer Alpha Wolf

Fang and I have built a reinforced Titanium replica of Fort Knox for the artillery barrage of dislikes and hate we are going to receive for this but SCREW Pokemon Go. I believe it's dumb although I do agree with its "get up and go places" message. Maybe that's because I don't need that dumb thing to go hiking with Fang. I'm barricading the door now.

• Dislike Dislike x 4
  5. Wolfgang

Server:
    Flood
    There is no level 41 xD

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. ArrayZ_LSD

ArrayZ_LSD Bounty Hunter Platinum VIP

Fang has opposable thumbs?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Seth

Seth That Guy Platinum VIP Gold VIP

So you disliked like, every post to show that? I don't frown upon the fact that you don't like pokemon go, but maybe the part where you disliked almost every post in the pokemon go thread, matter of fact, I don't really like pokemon go due to the fact that it costs a lot of money to experience it properly. .-.

• Like Like x 2
  8. The Wolf Whisperer

The Wolf Whisperer Alpha Wolf

Ratings are just an opinion and that's just mine on the subject.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  9. Seth

Seth That Guy Platinum VIP Gold VIP

Ok, that may be your opinion on the subject, but did you really not like everyones individual post in the thread? I was also stating my opinion, it was about your opinion

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Wolfgang

Server:
    Flood
    hack it

11. Bubblycone90

Bubblycone90 Member

I'm level 6 and am on team Mystic.

12. Mapplesauce

Mapplesauce twentyseven character title

so if I disliked jailbreak, would it make sense for me to dislike literally every post related to it? that's the dumbest thing i've ever heard of

if you dislike the game then don't hang around this thread, plain and simple. how much of a bigot can you be if you literally dislike all posts related to a game that you dont enjoy? jesus christ, let other people enjoy a game that you don't

me personally, i dont really like pokemon go because augmented reality is a bit too awkward, and the game itself has shit battle design, so it doesn't really award you very much for getting a rare pokemon or whatever.

but I'm allright with people playing it, the sheer novelty of the mechanics is interesting enough. i hope this makes the transition to full VR games easier with more people enjoying go

i've tried already, hacking gps for pokemon go is actually absurdly difficult lol, a bunch of people on /b/ got banned for it

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Decap

Decap Super Radman

Lol no it's not.

14. Legacy™

Legacy™ Dedicated Member

Pokemon GO will be dead in a couple weeks anyways

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Decap

Decap Super Radman

Yep, especially if Niantic keeps up their trash updates. I've had fun with it, but that fun is pretty much gone now.

16. Mapplesauce

how do you manage to hack it then? everything results in a ban

17. Decap

Decap Super Radman

Not if you're smart. I did some research/trial and error one day when we had rain for almost 3 days straight and I wanted to go out and play. Found a way to do it without being banned. Basically if you're going to spoof your location, don't do large jumps in location. The app checks your location every 60 seconds or so and compares it to where you were last. Go to far and you get a soft ban, but if you go short distances it won't. Same goes with eggs, if you go more than 300 meters in 60 seconds it won't register it because that's faster than the average person can walk in 1 minute (apparently). This also has a downside. I've heard of people in places like New York that have trains that move you around the city fast. Say you have PoGo on before you leave, then check again when you arrive at your destination and you will get a soft ban because you traveled really far in a short amount of time. Needless to say it's not efficient and took the fun out of the game when I tried it out. So I went back to going to my local parks and just soaking up people's lures. Still works pretty well for me. Probably not going to play very much for a while until they get a handles on how to get the game to work right.

18. Mapplesauce

yeah I guess that would make sense, but by hacking I meant going to places insanely abundant with pokemon like central park and other cities because I live in the suburbs

hacking gps just to go to nearby places is pretty pointless to me considering I can just walk/bike around, and if it's a rainy day I'll just play another damn video game lol

19. Decap

Decap Super Radman

You can still do that, I went to Nashville which is about 4 hours away and I didn't get soft banned because I waited about 3-4 hours after logging out to do it. Don't stay logged in and move to that location. Log out and wait a few hours then do it and you should be fine. It more accurately simulates you being able to get from one location to another that way.

20. Basic ;3

Basic ;3 Member

level 13 team instinct ftw