Precision Tool

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod: Flood' started by Josh, Jul 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josh

Josh Member Gold VIP

Hey,

Ever since starting to build boats on Devinity Flood over a year ago I always thought it would be a nice little feature to have the precision tool as an aid. I feel that sometimes I want to get a prop in precisely the right position to make it more aesthetically pleasing as well as maybe even a more efficient boat. But unfortunately we're unable to do that due to the restrictions of the slightly inaccurate Phys gun.

[​IMG]

The precision tool allows you to accurately move props ever so slightly, to get it in the exact position that you want.

Read about it more on the workshop page : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=104482086

Apologies in advance if this has already been suggested & denied (Rick told me to post this).

Let me know what you think.

2. Noriaki Cocaine

Noriaki Cocaine Devine Member

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    exotranc#3653
    Alright, even though I really want this tool aswell, it doesn't fit with the theme of flood. Allow me to explain.
    The premise of building boats in flood is that it's messy and sometimes sloppy, to match the fact that everything is made by the player and not some tool. Seeing a perfectly built boat just can't fit among the rest. You get what I mean?

3. Josh

Josh Member Gold VIP

Whilst I agree that sometimes Flood has an aspect where boat building is messy and sloppy, a large aspect for myself and what I believe to be the prime aspect is making the most efficient boat possible to be able to last the longest, deal the highest amount of damage possible and to make the most money.

4. Noriaki Cocaine

Noriaki Cocaine Devine Member

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    exotranc#3653
    Sure, but you can go about this with what is already in the gamemode. Lining props up against corners to straighten them out and using shift+e. No boat in flood will ever be perfect, and the most efficient boat is probably the biggest one (apart from being a target).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.