Modification Prop Limit Decrease for Teams

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod: Flood' started by Decap, Aug 8, 2016.

?

Which do you prefer? (See options in first post)

1. Option #1

21.4%
  2. Option #2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Option #3

64.3%
  4. Do not reduce team prop limits at all

14.3%
  5. Reduce team prop limits but in a different way than what is listed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Decap

Decap Super Radman

For the longest time, whenever the server is full we always have a lot of strain on the servers due to so many props being spawned. Currently a team of 4 people can spawn a max of 64 props. That's a lot of damn props and in my opinion it is way to much. Any team can win using 64 props, especially if they are spread out and not contained to one little room or area. I'm suggesting we drop the prop limit for teams to help reduce the amount of server strain and to keep teams from being op to everyone else. Note that this will not affect individual players, the prop limit of 16 will not be changed. This also will only affect total prop limit, not individual prop limits. Using the options listed below, vote for the corresponding option in the poll above.

Code:
    Option 1:
    # Of Teammates: Current Prop Limit -> Proposed Prop Limit (+# props added per teammate)
    2: 32 -> 30 (+14)
    3: 48 -> 42 (+12)
    4: 64 -> 52 (+10)
    Code:
    Option 2:
    # Of Teammates: Current Prop Limit -> Proposed Prop Limit (+# props added per teammate)
    2: 32 -> 30 (+14)
    3: 48 -> 40 (+10)
    4: 64 -> 46 (+6)
    Code:
    Option 3:
    2: 32 -> 28 (+12)
    3: 48 -> 36 (+8)
    4: 64 -> 40 (+4)

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. jeffreythe00

jeffreythe00 Dreamer

Reserved~

I agree just not enough time to fully reply now.

3. Basic ;3

Basic ;3 Member

Option 3 is the best for my opinion
    I was in a team of 3 people including me the other day and 30 props was more than enough for us to win most of the rounds so I think it will be the best and the less laggy option

4. Bubblycone90

Bubblycone90 Member

I believe this is a great idea!

5. Derfboy the fish

Derfboy the fish Dedicated Member

I went with option 1 because I feel like we should decrease it by a little and see how to reception goes to the community. If it is positive we can either keep it or decrease it by even more, dropping the number a gigantic number could hurt the community. Over time we lower the number, not lower the number at once. Doesn't mean I am against number change, I am actually for it, but I just do not want to see the number drop so drastically so quickly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Roflcopter Rogers

Roflcopter Rogers Least From The East Platinum VIP

This would try to discourage teams, and more would end up trucing so they could get their props back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Basic ;3

Basic ;3 Member

Not really 36 props is alot for 3 players even if each one of them is building his own boat maybe increase 40 to 42 and it will be fine but anyway you have to understand there's limits for the props themself too so why would any team build with more than 40 props? it doesnt make sense I don't see how option 3 is bad

even if you will place all the good floating props you will not hit 40 props.. so yeah..

(not including paper towels ofcourse XD)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  8. Seth

Seth That Guy Platinum VIP Gold VIP

Although 30 props may be enough to win most of the rounds there are TOO MANY diffferent factors that account into the wins, basing it solely off of how many props you used is a little bit ridiculous. Also, if there are OTHER large teams, then '30 props' may not be enough to win most of the rounds. Option 3 is the least laggy maybe, but I seriously believe that we should start with option number 1 and go from there like Derfboy said.
    Also agreeing with Rogers, it would slightly discourage teaming and slightly encourage trucing if option 3 was picked, I see that 9 votes have already been cast for option 3, but I encourage you to change your vote to option 2 or 1.

9. Basic ;3

Basic ;3 Member

Well I think that 36 props for 3 people and 40/42 props for 4 people is much more than enough considering of how many props really can float good and hold a boat for example if a team building one big boat 30-40 props is really enough for them not like they're building the titanic or something and if each one of them building a boat for himself there are not many props that can float good to give each one of them a reason to build a big boat just for himself like if someone using the vending machines so the other people in his team can't use it so that really limits them already so there is no reason for any team to build a boat with 50-60 props it just lag the server and wasting their money

anyway it's my opinion, we may think different I do respect your opinion but I just don't agree with it.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  10. Legacy™

Legacy™ Dedicated Member

Here is what I think of the whole ordeal,

The server WILL lag wether or not we reduce prop limit's for teams if there is a close to full server.Most of the time 4 man teams rarely use over 40 props , my teams dont even go close to 40 props and we still win rounds.

However I know alot of people who LOVE making big boats and by adding in this prop limit it would discourage teaming for 4 man teams because they won't be able to utilize there individual prop limits to make big boats anymore.

Making a big and small boats is a big aspect of the game , by making a big boat your spending more money and risking alot more then a guy who literally makes the same old boring 2 vending machine boat each round.

This is my proposition :
    If there is more than 22 people on the server , decrease EVERYONE's individual prop limit to 12. This automatically limits team props aswell and thus it won't discourage teaming but ENCOURAGE it instead.I could see this working out , maybe have a "Reduced Prop Limit" text somewhere on the screen while it is in progress.

During these round's there could be special perk's or abilities so that it doesn't make the round too simple.Maybe increased prop health or decreased weapon damage to balance out the prop limit.These are just ideas feel free to critisize them as you please.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Derfboy the fish

Derfboy the fish Dedicated Member

I think I should add this, when Flood 2.0 happens sky boats will be allowed apparently from what I have heard, if that is true, more props will be needed for the sky boats, just adding that.

12. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Veteran Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    I don't believe the prop limit should be limited THAT much, which is why I chose option 1. Everyone needs to keep in mind that most props, especially the most commonly used ones have limits themselves and the majority of teams are not creative enough to use 64 props with team-wide limit.

13. Basic ;3

Basic ;3 Member

@Wolfgang That's what I said but some people use it to lag the server or newbies that just placing alot alot random props which lag the server..

14. Wolfgang

Server:
    Flood
    Which is why we have staff to clean props

15. Basic ;3

Basic ;3 Member

Not always tho..

16. Wolfgang

Server:
    Flood
    It's pretty obvious to us when someone is harming the server, we can just hop on and do what needs to be done

17. Basic ;3

Basic ;3 Member

Not everyone doing it on purpose sometimes newbies are doing it by accident and a good prop limit can prevent it..

18. Wolfgang

Server:
    Flood
    This change won't affect Newbies in the first place...(Newbies wouldn't be on teams, and this whole discussion only affects people on teams)

19. Basic ;3

Basic ;3 Member

When I was a newbie I was in a team with 2 more friends XD
    anyway I dunno but why would someone have more than 40 props in the first place? like even if its a big team with huge boat
    40 props is too much..
    and I already mentioned everything and why it doesnt make sense to have more than 40 props in my previous comments

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. Wolfgang

Server:
    Flood
    So
    So you're response is to make a joke, and then claim you already justified your arguments. Which you didn't.