Server Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sker, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Derfboy the fish

Derfboy the fish Dedicated Member

Hogwarts RP would take a lot of developing. Jailbreak failed because of the RP aspect, Devinity has had issues dealing with RP servers in the past, and Hogwarts would be a mess and a half to deal with. Attempting to enter the hogwarts area would take to much time away from Flood. Any RP server would, which is why RP servers destroy existing communities. A gamemode such as TTT, Deathrun, Prophunt, etc that take little RP are easier to maintain once up and running. RP always needs to stay fresh. Hogwarts RP has been claimed multiple times from all of the big time youtubers I have watched that play Gmod (Pixelcatgamer, Zuthar13, and Frisky) that Hogwarts is the most cancerous game mode of Gmod. Hogwarts originally was not bad, but if you think Star Wars RP was a ruined game mode by trolls, you never played Hogwarts apparently.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Veteran Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    You're taking knowledge from you tubers that are known to be trolls. Also the stuff you said about Devinity and RP, you actually have n =o idea what you are talking about. Donkie has affiliated with RP game modes in the past. JB ultimately went down because we just didn't give it the time of day back then. One of it's main leading contributors got banned for being a troll. TTT has already been attempted and I quite doubt we'd be returning. You also failed to address that the debs don't want to step into big waters struggling to make a name for themselves amongst 1000 other servers.

3. Derfboy the fish

Derfboy the fish Dedicated Member

Im going to end this here. I made a lot of bad points in this discussion we have had, but when the time does come to Devinity wanting to make a new game mode, going into a RP gamemode like Hogwarts would be risky. Hogwarts is a dying game mode full of minges and kids. Attempting to redu the game mode would be to much developing work in my opinion. Devinity isn't a RP community plain and simple. You can claim anything you want about why the others servers have died but I have heard a lot of stories about the Jailbreak server being cancerous. RP needs to be taken either two ways, very seriously or not serious at all. When you are not serious at all the server can become true cancer. When the server is super serious than the server needs daily work and its own staff. Existing communities fail because when they attempt to make a new game mode, they need to get a lot of new things, new staff, new everything. TTT failed not because of it being a big gamemode, because of Devinity attempting to enter the game mode with the wrong thought process. If Devinity failed establishing TTT, I doubt Devinity can establish a successful Hogwarts/Star Wars/DarkRP/ETC. Role Play server.

4. Legacy™

Legacy™ Dedicated Member

I'd say we should choose a casual gamemode instead of RP , such as Deathrun , Prophunt , TTT etc. They are much easier to maintain and require less staff attention than RP gamemodes. Since we already host a chill casual gamemode such as Flood and it's so popular we should continue this trend and not host RP servers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Lil Dicky

Lil Dicky Member Bronze VIP

I like how it is now