Important Suggestions - Expectation vs Reality

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod: Flood' started by Decap, Jun 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Decap

Decap Super Radman

I wanted to have a discussion about all of the suggestions we have for flood and what everyone can expect for the future. First of all, we only have two developers, @Donkie and @Bayrock, Most of our other staff just moderate, make suggestions, or otherwise keep the community afloat in the background. While the devs are talented in their own ways, they can only do so much. Also, they have their own lives outside of Devinity just like everyone else. This is a hobby for us all in the end, and if we feel like what we are doing is a hassle, then it becomes unenjoyable. So with keeping that in mind, I want to make sure that everyone who reads this knows the difference between their expectations and reality.

Do not expect your idea to go from concept to creation in a short time frame. We have so many suggestion that trying to count them all would take a whole day. We've got ideas from over a year ago that still have not been done. We have maps that have not been finished either. So while I'm not trying to prevent anyone from making suggestions, I want it to be clear that it may be done but probably not right away. Gameplay changes and tweaks are a little different. Some things we can change on the rather quickly. @CounterCraftz and @Dawson recently added some props and did some minor changes to pre-existing ones. @Dr. Pit Lazarus Also worked some on a map, however I do not know the state of it as of right now. But with those aside, large suggestions such as events, player models, or general coding is left up to the Devs.

The Reality of it that we will always have more suggestions that we know what to do with. Flood is ever expanding and in order for us to keep it relevant and keep players coming around, we have to add new elements every so often. If you have skills that you think could help us, whether it be coding, knowing how to make maps, fixing player models, or anything along those lines, feel free to let me know and we can see how we can utilize your talents. Otherwise, this thread is open for discussion on this topic. If you have a question or comment that is related to a specific project (ie Pit's map), please be sure to direct that question to the person who is doing it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.