Team/Crew Size Adjustments

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod: Flood' started by Commooonity, Sep 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Commooonity

Commooonity Active Member

Hey, not new to the servers or Garrys Mod but I am new to this forum, first post here, so, hi.

I've been on this flood for as long as I can remember and have 5 days counted so far, one issue that I've seen that is still present is the team size when it's over the limit. I don't know if it's intentional or not and whether this has already been discussed/brought up but when servers are high load (Many people online), team sizes increase, which is great, but when many people leave, teams become unbalanced resulting in 3/2 crew sizes which does make it seem unfair for teams that were not on earlier who can only do 2.

A solution I would say is to just have the team be disbanded after the team sizes change and warn them that teams over the limit will be disbanded and they will be required to create a new one in relation to the new team sizes. I don't know how easy this would be to implement/fix since I don't do LUA myself but just a suggestion.

Once again, sorry if this has already been brought up, still a little new to forums. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Panci┬as

Panci┬as Dedicated Member

Yeah, that happens al lot, I think this has been a topic of discussion a while ago, this could be added to the MOTD maybe instead of that, or if not when team limit is reduced (eg 3/2) the last member to join would be kicked by the sistem off the team, if the teamleader wants him instead of the first member to join he can kick tht guy and invite the other one who was automatically kicked, I like the idea! :thumb_up::thumb_up::thumb_up:

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Noriaki Cocaine

Noriaki Cocaine Devine Member

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    exotranc#3653
    While this may be an utter unfair advantage given to those who are over the current limit, disbanding the entire team won't work. Instead, the creator of the team should be given a prompt at the beginning of the first round that his/her team is currently over the limit in that details two choices. One being a choice of kicking a certain member or two, and another being to disband the team entirely. That way, the team creator is given a full choice.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Ethan

Ethan Emo

Instead of instant disband, a warning message will pop up saying, that the team exceeds the limit. Kick someone off, or the team will be disbanded in 10 seconds.

5. Rick

Rick female nipple Gold VIP

I don't see a need to change the current system

• It rewards players for dedicating time to the server
    • It reduces trucing ever so slightly (If players are kicked off of their team then they might be more inclined to truce with them)
    • Nobody wants to be the guy who is kicked off the team, and it might cause hostilities in-game

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.