Upcoming important meeting

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Donkie, Sep 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Pit Lazarus

Dr. Pit Lazarus Angelic Web Developer Gold VIP

I will not be able to attend the meeting. I don't know what happened among Rick, Dawson, and Alex, but I hope this matter will be settled in a peaceful manner. Pit and Lady Palutena wish the best, for both Rick and Devinity. :heart:

Best regards,
    Dr. Pit Lazarus

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Rick

Rick female nipple Gold VIP

I've tried to act respectful of this entire process and recently (even before the intervention) I've tried to show improvement in how I treat certain people in the community, either by entirely cutting contact or by trying to act moderately more friendly. If you're incapable of a "Forgive and forget" basis so long as I show improvement that's fine, maybe I've gone too far and you feel that my actions are reversible. But I can still ask for you to show a slightly more adult attitude (And you should based on that rant-like post) and at least give me a chance when I say that I'm ready to change now that it's been announced to me that my actions are a very serious issue.

During the meeting I won't attack you personally in a "disrespectful, immature, bratty way" as you've just done to me, I do take Devinity seriously and I can see that I should begin acting more professional, as I've done in the past (At least a fair bit more than I admit I do now), and I also see that I should start treating others (Even if I despise contact with them) in a kinder manner, and I should try to be approachable for portion of the administration team that finds me repulsive.

If you want to act childish and whine and winge about everything I've done in the past that's fine, I can put up with that, I've done a lot wrong in the past; I'll even apologize to you for most of it. But as soon as you start name-calling and criticizing me in a non-constructive way it becomes childish and you're the one that's being bratty, so I hope you choose not to show yourself up, it'll make it a whole lot worse and you'll come across as anger-ridden, unforgiving and offensive. I'm only saying all of this because I feel it could happen with a couple of staff that I've not treated fairly over the years (Once again, apologies), and I'd rather not have that happen, lets act at the very least like we care more about smoothing out this process for the good of Devinity rather than how much you all currently hate me (Hopefully that'll change).

Alex, I understand you dislike me as much as I dislike you, but you have to realize that a lot of the time the reason that we never come to an agreement, in the past at least, is because we don't see eye to eye, you can't see from my perspective, and I can't see from your perspective. We have differing ideologies on how to handle and treat people across the board and we need to accept that with a lot of things we will disagree and become increasingly annoyed at each-other (For example our numerous disagreements with how to handle bans), if all goes as smoothly as possible and I change into a 'better' person, the staff team sees that I am capable of generally becoming non-abrasive, and am allowed to rejoin Devinity in an administrative position once again, then hopefully we can come to be more professional when I have disagreements with you or fellow staff we can do something less destructive, and instead of shouting at each-other because we both refuse to come to mutual grounds, we can ask a third party or something like that eh? Sound not awful? Or at least bearable?

Once again, I look forward to talking out issues with the entire staff team in the discussion tomorrow yo

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Dawson

Dawson Veteran Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Good Guy Bufo#0933
    Not buying it. I boast a plethora of evidence to prove you otherwise, and I'm spilling the entire vat over the kitchen floor coming tomorrow afternoon.

See you soon.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rick

Once again, if you think I'm incapable of change (What the main principle of this should be about) that's fine, nobody's perfect, we can't always take the moral high ground. I'd like to hear some constructive criticism, certainly from you in particular, and I hope we can work as a unit to iron out the many creases in my personality in general.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Dawson

Dawson Veteran Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Good Guy Bufo#0933
    You had several opportunities to correct yourself over the span of several months, but time revealed that you had no regard for them. If you were actually contrite for your actions, we wouldn't have considered knocking you out in the first place.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Alex

Alex Mouth from the South

Couldn't have said it better myself.

As for you Rick. You cant FORCE someone to give you another chance after a year of how many chances? Save the walls of texts and "professional" attitude for the meeting. I am already telling you, my opinion will not change.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Taki'Asha

Taki'Asha Community Member

Stop arguing needlessly on thus thread, there will be plenty of time tommorow (sadly I wouln't be there till maybe the tail end) but if yo uh are each other that much pm or make a rant thread on off-topic.

Also since I most likely wouln't be at the meeting I vote a "I-dont-really-care" on him being staff since he (technically) didn't so anything wrong that I've seen, or (again technically) has been a d**k wad to me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Silver

Silver Member

Rick 4 President pls.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Firedraft

Firedraft Devine Member Silver VIP

@Bayrock or @Donkie Can this thread be locked? This is making the staff look bad.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Silver

Silver Member

The thread isn't what makes them look bad. Don't blame a thread for immaturity.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Rick

Granted I may have ignored the two or three minor attempts that you made to make it clear that you didn't particularly like the way I was conducting myself (Yeah I probably should've taken them a little more seriously but that's in the past now and unfortunately I can't time travel since I my meme machine broke down.

I offered two opportunities for all of you to speak to me and resolve this shit. Once via talking to Donkie and the other via PM:

[​IMG]

But at least you stuck to your own motives and sent me a PM about it all, as you'd like to be treated.

[​IMG]

(You didn't)

(If it seems like I'm trying to have a meeting in this thread, I'm sort of just trying to get all of my points down here so that it's clear where I stand (It's also easier to get your thoughts out when you have time to think compared to when you have 4 people picking you out for your bad deeds), and because having screen-shots publicly on the forums makes it clearer to the entire community how cuntish I've been).

It is clear however that I've accelerated considerably into a downwards spiral of toxicity recently and that in one too many circumstances I've been a dickhead. I searched through my PMs and couldn't find anything too horrible that I've said to anybody, but I should certainly apologize for this:

[​IMG]
    I was a dickhead, I'm very sorry and I realise that I was acting in a completely childish way.

I'm sure that you've collaborated a number of awful posts that I've made recently (+ In the distance past), but I genuinely believe that if the staff team had made it clear to me sooner that I was becoming exceedingly abrasive I would've acted on it, but no official approaches were made.

Walls of text in a teamspeak where you speak lol. (Just found that funny).

Jokes aside, you're free to cement your stance, but I'll act as professional as I can and try and be as flexible as possible.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Donkie

Donkie Founder & Senior Developer Platinum VIP

Discord:
    Donkie#2878
    Some time has passed and most of the heat seems to have cleared up. A vote was held where the majority (including the most offended parties) voted in favour of Rick returning as admin.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.