Upcoming Staff Conference (Feb. 6th)

Discussion in 'Conferences' started by Bayrock, Jan 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex

Alex Mouth from the South

I was just trying to see who else couldnt make it.

I cant make it either, not just Rogers. But if you guys go on with it I am not going to throw a hissy fit, lol.

2. Donkie

Donkie Founder & Senior Developer Platinum VIP

Discord:
    Donkie#2878
    This thread was posted 10 days ago and nobody has complained about this until now? What's even the point of having >14 days plan time if you people don't even read the threads.

If the date sucks, come up with something better instead of calling me an idiot?

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Dawson

Dawson Veteran Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Good Guy Bufo#0933

Simple: It's for the people that give a shit in the first place and like to plan ahead of time. Can't expect everyone to adopt that mindset.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Alex

Alex Mouth from the South

It was a joke Donkie, dont get your panties in a twist.

5. Donkie

Donkie Founder & Senior Developer Platinum VIP

Discord:
    Donkie#2878
    Your jokes aren't very funny, especially not in a thread like this. I/We're trying to get some order on these conferences so they don't last for 5 hours.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Decap

Decap Super Radman

Added a few topics for discussion in the first post.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dr. Pit Lazarus

Dr. Pit Lazarus Angelic Web Developer Gold VIP

I'm working on a little something to show in the conference tomorrow. It is related to my current status. :p

• Like Like x 1
  8. jeffreythe00

jeffreythe00 Dreamer

I "May or May not" be able to attend. I'm visiting a friend tomorrow but I'm unsure if I'll be available. I won't know until it gets close to the meeting.

9. Jacob

Jacob John Serving Cena Cakes

Going to a party today, but I will most likely be there. (Update)

10. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Veteran Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    At a hotel and just downloaded tsp onto my room's computer, not sure if that's allowed or not but oh well.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. counter

counter Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    co#2858
    Devinity Conference Notes
    Feburary 6th, 2016

Excuse me if the notes are a bit too messy as the conference isn't organized as much (writing them in order) and its my first time doing it as well. Thank you for bearing with me.

It is more easier to read in Devinity Light Theme.

Notes
    • General Banters about Tournaments and Players.
    • Donkie has added the Golden Gun and the Sledgehammer suggested by Dawson and Decap.​
    • Someone has mentioned how its been a year since the development team has been adding weapons, whilst giving the idea of adding at least 3-4 weapons every week (Not likely to add 3-4 every week but atleast 1-2 every month or so).
    • Dawson provided some suggestions regarding all the new weapons that he have suggested via google docs.​
    • As of right now, weapons are primarily focused (sometimes this month until the next conference, hopefully to add 4-5 weapons) as Bayrock and Donkie collaborated together whilst suggesting to replace all HL2/CSS Weapons with much better models. All weapons will be balanced as well.
    • Dawson also wanted to see to add a weapon more like a saber (for conventional rounds) to defend against people swimming to your boat. Unlike the crowbar, they are useless whilst dealing no damage at all, needing a balance.​
    • Taki proposed that the Famas is too overpowered despite their fire rate. Although it isn't a P2W weapon, it is similar to the AK47. He also proposed that VIP shouldn't give as much advantage than those without.
    • Dawson suggested that the Famas and the Healing Stick should be available to all players, but the prices will be much higher whilst giving discounts to those who has VIP.​
    • Taki wanted to add some sort of 'rental' to the weapons before you buy while you don't really know what you want.
    • Rollie proposed to edit weapon instructions for alternative fires like the SMG for players who don't know about it.​
    • The Preditor Missile is going to be added to the server and it is the first weapon to purchase on the store which will be a one time use per round. It has been discussed that the missile will basically destroy an entire boat which deals 100 damage while unwelding the boat as well. It will cost $50,000 and has been favorable for people who has a lot of money that cannot be spent. Its radius is debatable but Bayrock told that will be 2-3 times as much as the rocket launcher.
    • Taki proposed a silly idea to add a nuke to the server for those who wants to burn their cash up which is better than the predator missile, blowing up the entire map.​
    • Decap said to post any suggestions regarding weapons while giving good description instead of saying 'we need to add more shotguns'. Hes basically saying to be more specific towards your suggestions.
    • Decap and Dawson proposed the sledgehammer doing more damage to props (more so ~16 on what Dawson said).​
    • The Golden Gun will do 1/4th of its props HP overall with 4 shots. Its not a big deal as you have to strategically armor up your boat to prevent it.
    • Rollie suggested to reduce recoil and increase accuracy when holding down your sights. Right now, there is no change in both of those.​
    • Decap suggested a double barrel shotgun that has a functionality of a single shot or 2 shots at once similarly to the SPAS but it will take upon 24 pellets whilst doing 5 damage each which the reloading speed will suffer. Decap also suggested the Raygun doing 8 HP on props while the ammo capacity is debatable.
    • I proposed the idea of the Revolver and the Deagle has to be revamped while Decap adding on, having the revolver features to be able to penetrate props.​
    • Decap wanted to suggest the Plasma Gun from Doom 3. He said it is a futuristic like weapon and it'll have a ammo capacity of 25/300. It is more different from other guns that are currently in the server while serving an alternative for the m249. If you don't like the plasma gun, Decap will be upset.
    • Instead of the holstering feature, Bayrock preferred to have Loadouts so that you can have enough weapons to carry similar to COD Classes where you have to pick a weapon or two.​
    • Decap wanted to add the Flintlock Pistol to the Pirate Round dealing 5 damage to a player with 4 shots.
    • Dawson suggested to add the Slappers to have fun like the bugbait while serving to alarm players. It will be available to everyone.​
    • The Bubble Gun is scrapped according to Donkie.​
    • I proposed to add Emplacements to the server (similar to cannons) costing ~$1,000. The damage is debatable but it suffers from weight.
    • Decap suggested an Event Only Server where it is basically just events but add in a voting system to choose which gamemode players would like.​
    • Rollie wants to limit the number amount of SMG Ammo and the Grenade. He suggests to share ammo capacity so you don't get 9 grenades and 4 RPG ammo. He wants the grenade launcher to be purchasable as an attachment.
    • Rollie also proposed to have trial-VIP for $25,000 while it expires for 24 hours. It will include Gold Benefit but VIP Weapons won't be purchasable.​
    • Jacob wanted to discuss about Pit Lazarus's map progression.
    • Bayrock mentioned about the reserved slots only available to mods+ while adding 1 more slot for situations if the server is full when someone requested for an admin.​
    • Dawson wanted everyone's props hp randomized instead of having the same props with the same hp as everyone else would get in the scramble event.
    • Decap discussed about the Suicide Barrels event, giving dead players to provide an opportunity to take damage from players boats.​
    • Someone wanted to make the map Day/Night Compatible but Bayrock is looking forward speaking to Donkie to add that feature to his map as well as weather.
    • Bayrock discusses about the current progression about the Dodgeball Event. He is looking forward to make it as a stand-alone gamemode as well compared to other Dodgeball Servers.​
    • Rollie or someone else suggested to add a Day-Z gamemode for the community.
    • Bayrock wants people to be able to translate the server rules for people who speaks in the foreign language.​
    • Discussed about Staff Application Requirements/Limits.​
    • Discussed about XenForo Plugins (similar threads plugin, anti-spam plugin, etc.)
    • Dr. Pit Lazarus wanted people to donate through the forums whilst providing a demonstration link to it.​
    • Dawson wanted to suggest new playermodels to the server as well as adding silly ones.
    • Jacob wanted to discuss about enforcing skyboats in a different way.​
    • Concludes the Meeting.
    Thank you for attending the meeting for those who did!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  12. Wolfgang

Server:
    Flood
    Best...Conference...Ever

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Mapplesauce

Mapplesauce twentyseven character title

wish i was there, fuckin chinese new year

so anyway, ill post here because the meeting was bound to discuss it but i want to hear the predator missile stuff

doesn't it just encourage being a dickhead to a specific individual? yeah i get it has ridiculous cost but it isnt fair to the person who made the boat in any shape or form, people can use it to be a cock to a person they hate and encourage that person who is being missled every round to just leave

i legit think the nuke would make more sense, except any props that were destroyed would be refunded to the people that bought it so they dont lose money as it is overpowered as fuck. nuke would be limited so that you can only use one per day and be super expensive and etc. instantly wins the round for you like in MW2, and an achievement would be winning a round with the nuke

thoughts?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Dr. Pit Lazarus

Dr. Pit Lazarus Angelic Web Developer Gold VIP

• Like Like x 1
  15. Decap

Decap Super Radman

16. Wolfgang

Server:
    Flood
    It doesn't always destroy a whole boat, if you build backup boats your fine, and it's meant for that guy who's been winning 10 rounds in a row and everybody hates.

Edit: Now think of it this way, you just came up with a new build design, and you're really proud of your boat. You want to test it out. Boom! A fucking nuke is dropped and the round is over, goodbye boat. Whereas with the missile it won't have the same effect on everyone and might not even kill the one person it hits. I got hit with the predator missile twice (both times by Rollie) and I survived once and died the other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.