Guide Weapons Guide (sort of)

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod: Flood' started by Viral, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Viral

Viral Devinity's Finest Forger Staff Member Server Moderator Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Before I start off I'd like to point out that anything biased I say towards a certain weapon is purely my opinion, everyone has their own personal preferences when playing flood, but this is just an overall summary of what I've found to be the best weapons/tactics throughout my time on the servers.

tl;dr - New players buy the Crossbow or AWP, earn enough to buy the TMP and dominate everyone.

Pistols
    USP ($0) - This pistol is mostly known for being an underdog throughout the weapons, with its low fire rate, "low" damage and inability to hit thin props I think it's safe to say this wouldn't be your first choice in most situations, however, it is a starter pistol and it is sometimes your last port of call, but when should you use it? Sporting 3 damage per bullet with 18 bullets in a mag (9999 all together) it delivers 54 damage a mag, not the most damaging weapon, but hey, it's free. You shouldn't attempt to use this weapon at long ranges, as the inaccuracy is random and can sometimes let you down, however if tap fired, and not sprayed, it has the possibility of at least being viable at a longer distance. During close range encounters it's a pretty okay gun, and this gun also has the benefit of shooting underwater, for some sneaky suicide kills.

Revolver ($5,000) - The revolver is like the AWP's little brother, showing good accuracy at any ranges and dealing out 8 damage per bullet, it's safe to say that this pistol packs some punch, but why isn't it that viable? Well the major setback is the fact it has 6 bullets in a mag (128 in reserve), dealing an output of 48 damage per mag, added on to the sluggish reload speed it isn't really a good weapon for sticky situations. When should you use this gun? Along with its high damage per bullet and it's long range this weapon should be used as a poor mans alternative for an AWP, using this weapon with suit zoom (default button is "B") is a good way to ensure accuracy over long ranges, I don't recommend this weapon for close ranges as the USP is more effective in close situations up against the revolver.

Five-SeveN ($7,000) - This gun is a grey area for me, dealing 5 damage a bullet with 21 in the clip (168 in reserve) dealing 105 damage per clip it seems to be a pretty decent gun, and it is... at close range, anything beyond a certain distance the guns recoil and inaccuracy seems to set the gun back, close up it is a really decent gun and it is a pretty good purchase for the price, but don't expect the accuracy of a sniper when you have this thing, because it's dominant in close up situations. It's a good choice in gun if you're just starting out and looking to make some cash, but certainly not the best investment you can make.

Golden Gun ($40,000) - Coming in at a wallet breaking $40,000 the golden gun is bar far one of the most expensive investments you will make, only coming with 4 deadly bullets that take 1/4 of a props health down per shot it bears the question, should I buy it? Well, yes and no. It's good if you have some cash to splash and you want an edge over those teams who build obnoxious boats every round that seem near impossible to destroy, but if you're sat with 40k and wondering whether to buy it to win every round, don't. It's a good addition to your arsenal and will certainly help you take out people who are posing a threat to you but it isn't worth investing all your money into, it will take time to pay itself back and there's much better alternatives out there if you're struggling to win.

Desert Eagle ($6,000) - There's not much to say about the desert eagle, shooting bullets dealing 7 damage at hit, with 8 bullets per mag (152 in reserve) it deals 56 damage per mag, not good, but not bad. It's ideal for close range combat, as at long ranges it soon loses its effectiveness. It's a decent investment, but definitely shouldn't be one of your first choices when making that new purchase.

Explosives/Heavy weapons

Sticky TNT ($25,000) - This is one of my personal favourites for when your boat is destroyed, and you're looking to leave your mark on the guy who ruined it. Dealing 35 damage (varies regarding range) + additional fire damage it deals major damage to bundles of props and will certainly deal a significant amount of damage to the poor soul on the receiving end. You only get 2 of these, so use them wisely. You can't throw these very far so make sure you get nice and close before attempting to throw them, and remember they can stick to players, so try aim for the users and not the boat for maximum effect.

Bazooka ($35,000) - The father of explosives, holding 4 rockets dealing 20 damage and additional fire damage, this thing is certainly should be your go to weapon at long distances when you're looking to deal some serious damage. I don't recommend using this at close ranges, as it proves to not get the splash damage it can achieve at longer distances. I don't recommend this weapon if you're new/starting out, as it won't help you win and won't earn you enough money to afford future weapon investments on its own. However if you're a higher ranked player I strongly recommend this to you as it'll help you in situations where players have larger boats and you struggle to destroy them with your current load out. It deals splash damage in a small to medium blast radius, and can be impacted on water and players. It's main strong point for me is to be splash damaged off of a wall, in which it will hit most props surrounding it.

Molotov ($12,000 wasted dollars) - This really needs no explanation, it's a waste of money and serves no purpose in helping you win a round, for $12,000 this certainly isn't up to standards with all of the other weapons. I will tell you bluntly, don't buy this, it's a waste of your money and will help you in pretty much no situation, besides if someone has tissue rolls beneath a locker, which is the only thing this is useful for. Don't buy it.

HE Grenade ($16,000) - This is the sticky TNT's rejected brother, dealing 20 damage and incredibly short range and having an extremely short drop off point, it is good, if you can throw it far enough, I don't have much to say about the grenade, it's a pretty standard explosive weapon and is an okay purchase if you're at a midpoint of the game where you have money to spare on additional things, this certainly won't be saving you out of many situations like the m249 or sticky tnt but it will help you do those last few damage points to people close to you.

M249 - This beast of a weapon, dealing 600 damage per clip, this is certainly the big daddy of close quarters combat, with 400 bullets in total and 100 in the clip this gun has one thing on its mind and that's destruction, while it lacks in range effectiveness it dominates the waters in close up combat, and for the price, I wouldn't recommend anything but this gun. You'll tear boats apart once you learn the recoil. Doing 6 damage a bullet may not sound alot, but when you have 100 bullets spraying down the enemies in your way that 6 damage seems too much. I recommend this for all players, and this is one of my favourites. Definitely buy this if you're looking to win more games.

Melee weapons

Crowbar - There's not much to say about this, it's a pretty under powered weapon, but then again what do you expect for $1,000? It's main purpose is to attack players who swarm around your boat like flies to a dump, but with its low damage output it isn't really good for that either. Dealing 10 damage to props it's okay at last efforts at destroying a boat from close range. This can also be thrown by pressing right click, however the range isn't that good. Due to the low price I recommend buying this weapon, as in some scenario's it will prove useful. Oh yeah, and it also has the ability to unweld the props it hits, thanks @Noriaki Cocaine.

Sledgehammer - My favourite all time weapon, the sledgehammer, killing players in only 5 hits this thing certainly knows how to punish people. Also doing 40 damage to props it's the great choice for those up close and personal scenarios where you want to punish people for messing with you. Coming in at $8,000 it's the perfect price for the amount of carnage it can cause. In short, buy this, learn it, and become a god among men as you bash the skulls of your enemies without hesitation.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Viral

Server:
    Flood
    Heavy Weapons

Spas-12 ($25,000) - An amazing weapon, shooting 6 rounds of bipolar buckshot per "mag" (40 in total) this thing deals 10 damage per hit and has around 4-5 hits per shot. The reason I call it bipolar buckshot is because you'll either hit someone from across the map or not be able to hit someone close to you. It's a really good weapon for shooting large groups of props, and will deal considerable damage to those in your way. It's definitely a good investment to make if you're looking to dominate the waters, and is one of my personal favourites.

AWP ($21,000) - One of the best guns for overall use in flood, dealing 12 damage per bullet and holding 10 bullets per mag (40 in total) it is dominant in the ranged battles you'll be in, having an increased zoom compared to the SVU it is also easier to be accurate with. And for the price, you really can't go wrong. There's not much else to say about this, besides, buy it. It's a really good weapon to own and if you're a new player a ranged weapon is definitely something you'll need to survive longer.

SVU ($25,000) - A faster "variant" of the AWP, dealing 8 damage per bullet, with 21 bullets per mag (128 in total) it's more of a spamming weapon, dealing high damage at a fast rate, with the added bonus of its range. I don't recommend buying this early on, as the AWP is a much better alternative, but if you're in need of another ranged weapon that you can spam, this is definitely for you. It's high damage mixed with its high fire rate will be sure to give you the edge against others in tense long range gun fights.

Crossbow ($14,000) - This is the child of the AWP, dealing 10 damage per hit with 1 bolt at a time (100 in total) this slow firing weapon is definitely good if you're looking for a ranged weapon, without breaking the bank. Coming in at a cheap $14,000 it's definitely a good purchase and I highly recommend it to the newer players who are struggling with long range conflicts.

Compound bow ($0) - The ultimate weapon for penetration, this thing is the ultimate bookshelf destroyer doing 20 damage per hit and passing through the bookshelves like paper, allowing it to do up to 120 damage per arrow. This weapon is only accessible by signing up on the forums, and is free. You'd be a fool not to take the deal.

Sub-machine guns

TMP ($16,000) - This small gun shouldn't be underestimated, dealing 75 damage per clip with 25 bullets a clip (250 in total) and 3 damage per bullet and the pretty much nonexistent recoil it makes it great for spraying down boats both close and far, and is very cheap for the use you get out of it. It's good for new players who're looking to make more money, and aren't really bothered about winning. And it's also a good alternative to the famas if you don't feel like donating.

Smg ($0) - The SMG and the SMG grenade are one of the starting weapons, with primary fire doing 2 damage per bullet, and holding a magazine of 45 bullets (225 in total) and alternate fire doing 15 damage per prop it hits and holding 4 grenades it's a deadly combination. This weapon is ideal for taking out giant masses of props and weakening them. If accurate enough the grenades will be one of your most useful assets, and should not be underestimated.

Rifles

Galil ($13,000) - The laughing stock of the rifles, dealing a measly 2 damage per bullet, but exactly how bad is this weapon? Holding 35 bullets (252 all together) it isn't that bad of a gun, doing 70 damage per mag, it is pretty pricey for the damage output but for a low recoil gun that can do a decent amount of damage it isn't that bad for the price, I'm not saying you should buy this gun, though, as the TMP is a much better alternative to this. But it will certainly help you out in some instances.

Pulse Rifle ($16,000) - This is a good weapon for tap firing and close ranges. Holding 30 bullets per mag (210 bullets in total) it deals 90 damage per mag, at 3 damage per bullet. This weapon is viable at both long and short ranges, but consider tap or burst firing at longer distances, or the recoil will get the better of you. It's a decent purchase if you're willing to learn the recoil and tap fire habits.

Famas (Gold VIP) ($16,000) - The rifle overlord - the famas. Holding 25 bullets per mag (225 in total) and 4 damage per hit it releases a hose of 0 recoil bullets, doing 100 damage per mag. This weapon is effective at close and long ranges, and can be easily sprayed at both ranges. However, it has a downside, it's for Gold VIP's only. Is it worth donating for? Yes and no. It's a good weapon, great even, but things such as the tmp can be a good substitute without having to pay for Gold VIP, however it is a good thing to donate for if you want to have the famas in addition to the other rifles.

Ak-47 ($18,000) - Rush B cyka blyat! The ak-47, notorious for its high damage and accuracy, well, at least the damage is true. This gun comes with 25 bullets per mag (168 in total) and 4 damage per bullet, sounds pretty good, right? Wrong. Hold down mouse one for more than a second and you'll be greeted with a huge recoil spray and inaccuracy, think of this gun as a baby m249, only use this at close ranges, because it will not end well otherwise. I recommend this if you're looking to do some damage at close range, and have some cash to spare, otherwise I don't see this as a good investment for you.

M16 ($18,000) - A rifle not used by many, the m16 sits outcasted, but why? With its 25 bullet magazine (300 bullets in total) and 3 damage per bullet you'd think it'd be a pretty viable gun, well it is, until you see the slow shooting speed and meh recoil. The rate of fire is a big turnoff, especially considering the tmp has the same damage per mag at twice the shooting speed. This weapon isn't really useful in any situation, and is mostly there for the generous ammunition.

Miscellaneous Items

Fire Extinguisher ($5,000) - Does what it says, extinguishers fires, and also doubles as a jet engine, thanks donko.

Harpoon ($15,000) - Used to reel in closer to your enemies, it carries 4 harpoons which are reusable if they aren't attached to anything after firing. Make sure to not shoot these things at angles, as they have a tendency to not attach if fired at certain angles. They also lose all momentum when faced with water, so try not to hit the water.

Healing Stick (Bronze VIP) ($10,000) - This tool is for the cowardly, healing 4 damage per hit with a limit of 40 hits this thing won't get you out of many situations. However it can be used to preserve your life for that little longer if you want to delay the inevitable. I don't recommend using this as it isn't useful in most situations.

Bugbait ($15,000) - Dealing 1 damage per second(?) this thing embarrassed those who die by it. This is good for finishing those opponents who outstay their welcome on low HP, I recommend using this on people with under 10 hp as that's when it's most effective, but I don't recommend buying this, as the sledgehammer or crowbar can do a lot more damage in a less amount of time, for a much smaller fee.

Predator missile ($50,000) - The weapon for the 1%. Costing $50,000 this weapon certainly isn't cheap, and should only be bought by those looking to do some damage, and who have many bookshelves, and many Lamborghini's. Dealing 100 damage (+fire) in a small to medium radius, this is good for tearing up those boats who cause you trouble every round, and to strike fear into them as the missile comes hauling overhead. This is also a one time use weapon, so be wise when using it.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Noriaki Cocaine

Noriaki Cocaine Devine Member

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    exotranc#3653
    Nice guide. I like it!

You seem to be missing the price for the Galil and also haven't mentioned that the Crowbar unwelds props. Still pretty insignificant though.
    What does this mean? Its damage is consistent across all distances.

by far please viral come on

4. Viral

Server:
    Flood
    Updated:
    • Added Galil price.
    • Added additional explanation onto the bazooka and corwbar.
    • Added information on the miscellaneous items.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. †Zzoppa†

†Zzoppa† Lolist Contributor Silver VIP Bronze VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Zzoppa #1148
    Healing stick - trash:satanya_thumbsup:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Expanix

Expanix Community Member

Healing stick is the best thing ever.
    I love pissing of people when they try to snipe me from the other side of the map when I'm just over one prop by constantly healing it.
    Or I used to, since I don't play Flood anymore.

7. Cozygung

Cozygung Dank Memeber

This should be the descriptions of the weapons when you hover over em (Maybe a shortened version).
    People sometimes don't really have much information when buying the weapon and usually rely on other people's opinions rather than their own.
    @counter ?

8. counter

counter Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    co#2858
    We'll figure something out by the time Donkie finishes working on the weapon system.