What game is the hardest game on the hardest settings?

Discussion in 'Gaming + Technology' started by Nyaaa~ ∑:3, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Nyaaa~ ∑:3

Nyaaa~ ∑:3 Old Champion

QWOP (and other games at Foddy, like CLOP) are not that hard, if you find a cheesy method (like "lame horse" for example) or find a certain rhytm to it. Give it like 15-20 minutes, get used to it, and you'll be runnin' like a pro.

2. Mapplesauce

Mapplesauce twentyseven character title

what? it was considered a joke by the fanbase, not by the actual developers

why does it being an indie game not count? necrodancer wasnt MADE to be impossible..

3. Nyaaa~ ∑:3

Its a rule I've made because of one small reason: There are lots and lots of Indies, and most of them are MADE to be impossible or "hard as fuck". And they've gettin' "stamped" every single day, so I dont wanna trash out this thread with them.

Even though there ARE some Indies that are made for fun and giggles (and they are not concidered to be hard), Im still tryin' to find an... "normal" answer to this question. Most of the old games are hard, for example, and that's what im trying to find out. A Hard Game.

4. Mapplesauce

Mapplesauce twentyseven character title

what you consider as a "normal answer" is completely arbitrary because as I said necrodancer wasnt intentionally made as a "so hard its good", or a "challenge" game

idk why a game has to be under a reknown publisher just for it to be a "normal answer"

5. Bayrock

Bayrock Founder & Developer Staff Member Founder

Discord:
    Bayrock#2940
    Indie games only get stamped here because they're the best games.

ON TOPIC:

I've been speedrunning Goldeneye 007 levels on N64 recently in an attempt to reach world record pace, and that's gotta be one of the more challenging things I've done in a game. With that said speedrunning any game (especially retro) is very difficult.

Sorry for the quality/glare; I got a capture card now for future runs.

So, speedrunning is a great way to make an insane challenge out of your favorite classics.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  6. Nyaaa~ ∑:3

Not all of them.
    Just... stick to the rule and don't mention them here.

True. Speedrun can always spice up some types of games, but the original question was about the Hardest settings\difficulty in games.

7. Bayrock

Bayrock Founder & Developer Staff Member Founder

Discord:
    Bayrock#2940
    Aren't the hardest settings/difficulty implied for all games? The hardest difficulty is the hardest one available.

With that said Goldeneye 007 has License to Kill mode where you'll die instantly from taking any damage. It's the hardest 'setting' available. Some people even mix the speedrunning with this mode which is damn near a deathwish.

Add this in with the N64 clunky controls, and I assure it won't be easy.

• Like Like x 1