1. Hello Guest, if you need help, wish to post feedback regarding our community/servers/staff or report game-breaking bugs, you're free to do so here.
    Dismiss Notice

A few bugs I've noticed recently

Discussion in 'Feedback & Support' started by Decap, Jul 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bayrock

Bayrock Founder & Developer Staff Member Founder

Discord:
    Bayrock#2940
    It's known bug that we already have listed in our repository.

2. Rick

Rick female nipple Gold VIP

You do realise that this is a Flood server you're talking about. Not a Shop.

3. Decap

Decap Super Radman

I know this all to well. The last gaming community I was in we would shut down servers for maintenance every couple of months just for an hour or two at the lowest traffic times. It's not impossible and any fixes or updates you can get out of it will help in the long run.

4. Bayrock

Discord:
    Bayrock#2940
    As I've already stated it's completely unnecessary to close the server for maintenance; especially in an organized attempt to 'solve lag.'

We have a repository that constantly receives attention and stores a list of ideas and issues that we're aware of. Fixes and additions are tracked by the repo as they happen, and we release them with a simple map restart when the time is deemed right. With that being said development is happening much more frequently for our community than just every couple months like the community you mentioned. Never at any point are we required to 'shut down the servers' in order to perform maintenance or apply updates/fixes.

Besides I assumed I expressed the difficulty of organizing event to test tickrates. It would take too much effort to produce a result we're already able to produce. The comparison of tickrate simply needs to be looked into more closely, and is probably not a vital factor regardless.

I only mentioned it here because the issue of lag was surfaced and I was reminded that the tickrates are still different on each server. Yes, it could be a factor but it should be obvious enough that neither server is completely free of lag so it's not worth prompting an investigation.

In that case they should be limited the way I mentioned previously to prevent what you're doing from being possible.

Teams don't exist so that they can have an advantage over the lone players.

Since it currently works the way it does maybe the actual max prop limit should be closer to 20 and then the limit should be shared among the teammates as I said. Thanks for informing me that the limits don't work how I intended, and I apologize that I took your experience as an exaggeration; I'll look into making the limit more fair for all of the players in the game collectively.

5. Decap

Decap Super Radman

I gotcha @Bayrock, You do what you feel is best regardless. I don't know enough about server maintenance anyway, so my suggestion was just that, a suggestion. I just know that better we make Devinity servers, the more people will come to them than the other Flood servers.

6. Bayrock

Discord:
    Bayrock#2940
    We've always been aiming to increase the performance of our server and to reduce lag. It's one reason we had to go through the reset when we were switching operating systems from Windows to Linux. Switching to Linux was an attempt to lighten the load on the performance which definitely produced a result, but just not enough to show significant improvement within the server.

It was worth the trouble in the long run though because it will however help us when we open up the third Flood server again.

Currently the only idea I really have to increase performance would be to upgrade our dedicated machine, and currently we're loyal to our host until we can find another one of its stature or greater.

7. Decap

Decap Super Radman

• Rocket Launcher will lose ammo in some cases. I'm going to recreate this later on and make a demo. But basically what happens is, If I shoot 1 rocket, switch to my fire extinguisher and use it, then switch back to my rocket launcher I lose the 3 remaining rockets.
    • Players being stuck inside an opponents boat has become more common. I've noticed when your boat is up against a wall is when it happens the most. If you have a way to move your boat then they can fall off. But if you are not fortunate enough to have a way to move it, the player usually stands there destroying your boat until there's nothing left to stand on.

8. Decap

Decap Super Radman

• No one can see each others sprays.

9. Bayrock

Discord:
    Bayrock#2940
    A known bug that only started occurring recently.

I wouldn't say we've properly investigated it yet but we're not sure why it's happening currently.

@jeffreythe00 managed to play with our config to magically help with the lag substantially.

Congratulations to Jeff for not breaking anything (again).

10. Rick

Rick female nipple Gold VIP

Holy shit, Jeff actually did something technical.

Somebody pinch me? I need to wake up.

11. jeffreythe00

jeffreythe00 Dreamer

My expertise is in working with our wonderful community. It's obviously not fixing broken things on the server or adding content but, I manage.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.