Advanced Duplicator

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod: Flood' started by counter, Oct 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. counter

counter Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    co#2858
    It would be easier for the player to copy and paste their own boats because most likely they are too lazy to make the same boat over and over. It should also take the player's money depending on which prop they spawned. I don't think this can be exploitable as if Donkie were to fix the exploit to bypass the prop limit.

I think the Advanced Duplicator shouldn't be used in events such as the Haste Round.

Its just my own opinion, if there should be any changes than go post your thoughts!]

(EDIT: RIP DISLIKES)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Noriaki Cocaine

Noriaki Cocaine Devine Member

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    exotranc#3653
    Regardless if it's exploitable or not, this totally destroys what flood is. Building your own boat, messy, and different each time. Using advanced duplicator would make flood boring.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. counter

counter Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    co#2858
    I guess you're right overall but there could be another way. I may be wrong and whatnot.

4. Dawson

Dawson Veteran Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Good Guy Bufo#0933
    A.D. would also guarantee perfected, overpowered builds to be used all of the time with the simple click of a mouse. It could drive away new / less-skilled players from the servers out of frustration.

SharpShooters foolishly utilized the duplicator and have been paying the price since. Even if they wanted to get rid of it, that ship has already sailed--a good-sized chunk of its actives are as addicted to it as they would be with methamphetamines. The withdrawal effects would be off the ****ing hook, likely resulting in a moderate exodus of SSG's community.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Donkie

Donkie Founder & Senior Developer Platinum VIP

Discord:
    Donkie#2878
    I always wanted to implement a restricted advance duplicator. One where you could only store dupes on our server (not import/export them) and it'd cost each time you'd paste your contraption. It'd also have a limited few save slots, and you wouldn't be able to use the same save every round.
    It'd kinda be a richmans feature, for the lazy.

However implementing a good duplicator proves somewhat difficult, and I haven't looked that much into it.

• Informative Informative x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.