Bring back Jailbreak

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rick, May 31, 2017.

1. Rick

Rick female nipple Gold VIP

There is space on the US box for another server for another server.

Donkie says he has no issue with bringing back Jailbreak (Or adding another server to the box) if we make some changes to the gamemode we previously had.

This thread is for the discussion of changes we should make to the current DevinityJailbreak® so make it more fun.

• Remove all roleplay aspects from the current gamemode
    • Remove the current map rotation and add more popular maps, such as New Summer
    • Add a leaderboards similar to the flood one
    • Add a proper HUD, with times etc.
    • Port the current tokens system from flood to jailbreak (Hats/Accessories but not playermodels)
    • Add a weapon skin system
    • Add achievements
    • Give flood players an incentive to play, a skin on flood after 100 rounds, something like that
    • Add weapons like the tazer to the pointshop, so that new players cannot abuse it (Also make it so that it is not dropped on death)
    • Change the weapon system so that it feels more like vanilla gmod
    • Add MOTDs etc and make the server feel like devinity, loading screen etc
    • Add a kos zone system
    Should we keep the current LR system, and tie the points system to it in some way?
    Should we keep the MIA system (Similar to the TTT system)?
    Should we remove the clock system and add a match timer?
    Should we keep the automatic "I killed [name] with my [weapon]" in the guard teamchat to help combat RDM?
    Should we keep the eavesdropping system where you can hear the guards teamchat when standing nearby?

There's no point in putting this up unless the community will support it and want to play it, so pls critisise the old server as much as you can so we find out why it was so unplayable, but also try to bear in mind that we need to stand out from the crowd.

One of the ideas about bringing this to the community is that the repetitiveness of flood doesn't encourage staff to stay around.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Veteran Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Not sure how to explain this, you know the section of the map that you go to when you evacuate at the end of a round? It'd be cool if dead players had an option to spawn there or spectate, giving them something to do rather than wait the round out which can be boring. (Maybe implement mini games there like a death match or something???)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SilverMario

SilverMario Golden

I support this and would enjoy playing it. If this gamemode is brought back, would you be willing to staff for it since I know you have very good experience in staffing JB servers Rick?

Jailbreak is good. Roleplay jailbreak doesn't work and is bad.

Expanding:

I want to add a little bit more of my opinion into this and some of my ideas.

First off, Rick and I have a lot of experience with the JB gamemode and probably wouldn't mind helping with setting rules and setting up the gamemode so that it doesn't turn out like the last JB turned out.

Jailbreak is extremely fun and this would be good to add back as more gamemodes = more players. Having jailbreak in the community would allow for the community to give feedback on the servers, have some more fun than just playing Flood all of the time. I feel like jailbreak could be a good way to get more people active on the forums as the gamemode can have big debates and lots of the threads and discussions on the gamemode.

I think jailbreak would be good if it had a hud versus the random clocks on the wall. Like have a good old classic time for how much time is left in the round.

I also think that if the gamemode is re-added, you should only be allowed 1 primary weapon and 1 secondary weapon (pistol/taser) because grabbing every weapon is dumb and OP.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. The Gaming Bean

The Gaming Bean Dedicated Member

I personally don't play Jailbreak that much, but it seems like it would be fun. Is it the one with the wardens and the prisoners, ad the prisoners have to like follow rules while trying to escape?
    I also think the flood skin after 100 rounds is too much. Maybe just like 50.

5. Wolfgang

Server:
    Flood
    100 rounds goes by quicker than you think

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Rick

Dead deathmatch?

7. Wolfgang

Server:
    Flood
    I don't know how to analyze your post. Are you asking if the death match would be for those who are dead? If so, yes. If your asking if that'd be what it is called, not sure. If you are stating that theres something like my idea already out there and its called dead deathmatch then I say we go for it.

Typing this response made me feel like Rudyard Kipling. s/o to poetry geeks out there

8. Rick

some TTT servers have a thing called death deadmatch where you run around killing other dead players that chose to play it

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wolfgang

Server:
    Flood
    That sounds nice, it wouldn't have to be solely deathmatch though if you guys could come up with other mini games

10. Rick

I don't mind setting up rules and things like that, but it's not up to me as to whether or not I am chosen to staff it.

I think we should try and bring this out during the summer months as there will be a much more active playerbase.

We have already readded the normal HUD timer, but hopefully this will be changed to a nicer looking version on release (This counted as an RP aspect so it's been removed)

If and when the forum section is reopened I'll make a thread on how we would specifically change the weapon system to be nicer to use.

I also think it's really important to keep players coming back to this specific jailbreak. We need to offer rewards similar to flood from joining the steamgroup and forums, and we also need to reward players for putting hours in. The previous version lacked a pointshop or any sort of rewards of that type. Hopefully a future pointshop would include perks and cosmetics (Again not skins) and could even be made to link to flood's pointshop.

We also need a much better staff team upon release, Jailbreak needs to be kick-started before we have a built up playerbase and previously it was pretty much only me and rogers, when we did populate the server from 0 to 2 it quickly took off and maxed out the server, but we cant do that every day and we need others to do it for us.

11. SilverMario

SilverMario Golden

I really like the idea of linking the flood pointshop. If you were able to link the flood point shop, jailbreak would be another small way to generate some cash for flood and you would also have your skins the second you join.

I would be willing to staff/start populating servers for jailbreak when the gamemode gets added, and I would love to see new summer and good old black ops in there.

12. Clyde

Clyde Active Member

I would love for Devinity to have more than one game mode, would spice things up a little.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Expanix

Expanix Community Member

That'd also make the players who have GREAT amounts of money to spend it.

• Like Like x 2
  14. WolfMan

WolfMan If You Can Dream It,You Can Do It. Platinum VIP

That would be awesome. I support it!

15. classic

classic Community Member Platinum VIP

i approve

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  16. Bayrock

Bayrock Founder & Developer Staff Member Founder

Discord:
    Bayrock#2940
    Some of those features would still be cool to keep in my opinion. Such as the "waking up" animation.

It just doesn't need to be "JBRP" entirely.

The clock is a prime example of an RP feature I think should be removed.

If not removed, it should only exist as a novelty alongside a HUD timer.

17. SilverMario

SilverMario Golden

The clock is far too buggy to keep honestly, but like a waking up animation doesn't really hurt anyone. Just remove like the entire "write your backstory" bs.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Rick

upload_2017-6-10_17-55-55.png

19. SilverMario

SilverMario Golden

Haha that's fine, I am just saying it wasn't bad or broken, like fuck those clocks actually.

I would love the RP to be removed but whatever, it's annoying and really buggy lol.

Also I wouldn't say I liked it lol.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Latte

Latte Member

I would love to see a jailbreak server.