On Hold Coming up with more ways to earn money/ points during Battle phases

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod: Flood' started by Dawson, Jul 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dawson

Dawson Veteran Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Good Guy Bufo#0933
    IDEA:

(1) Introduce more ways to earn money in Flood.

STUFF FOR NOW:

(1) Damaging players directly.
    • -1 HP = +$10
    • -100 HP = +$1,000

(2) End-of-round rolecall for surviving buoyant props.
    • [(HP sum of remaining buoyant props) ÷ (HP sum of all buoyant props used)] × $500
    • Only factors owner's props--not entire team's.

(3) User health remaining at end of round.
    • 100 HP = +$3
    • 1 HP = +$297

(4) Props extinguished.
    • 1 prop = $15

(5) Surviving small props.
    • 1 prop = $20

(6) Gesture performance.
    • The longer the gesture, the greater the fab (and the greater the risk of being blasted away...)!
    • Short-lived gestures do not garner much cash.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Veteran Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Intriguing!

Possibly some more...
    • Teammates Alive
    • Time Submerged, he who seeks to face man must first face piranha
    • (Pirate round Exclusive) Time Spent On Other Players' Boats

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Mercedes

Mercedes Active Member

Server:
    Flood
    People in teams should get the lowest amount of money possible, especially those who make a team of 4 with everyone level 100+

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Seth

Seth That Guy Platinum VIP Gold VIP

Why would we want to do that? Although, I agree that maybe teams should not receive more cash than people without teams, making it so teams of higher level people get almost nothing (which is what it sounds like you want) would discourage teaming for everyone, making one of the key features of the game, practically useless.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. counter

counter Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    co#2858
    Equally split the earnings received between all team members?

6. Expanix

Expanix Community Member

What if there is a useless member? He should get the same money as everyone else? It's too unfair.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Legacy™

Legacy™ Dedicated Member

Thing is when you have an op team everyone focuses on you giving you a disadvantage. However I think the teams should be 3 players max just so it's not too unfair .

I don't think lowering money for teams or equally splitting money in teams is a good idea because in the end whoever does the most damage should get the most money.That's the whole point and if someone in a team does 3000 damage he should get what he deserves because he did that damage by himself.

I think teaming should be more encouraged by adding team requests. A player could have a Looking For Team tag on his head to let people know he want's to team. If you find another person with that tag you could team together etc.

We could possibly add penalty's to 3-4 man teams like lower damage output or higher damage to their props.This would balance it out for everyone else so they don't get instantly destroyed and gives them a better chance of survival.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  8. Seth

Seth That Guy Platinum VIP Gold VIP

I'm on the fence about this: "Thing is when you have an op team everyone focuses on you giving you a disadvantage. However I think the teams should be 3 players max just so it's not too unfair ."

I agree with this: "I don't think lowering money for teams or equally splitting money in teams is a good idea because in the end whoever does the most damage should get the most money. That's the whole point and if someone in a team does 3000 damage he should get what he deserves because he did that damage by himself."

This sounds like a great idea: "I think teaming should be more encouraged by adding team requests. A player could have a Looking For Team tag on his head to let people know he want's to team. If you find another person with that tag you could team together etc."

However, I disagree with this: "We could possibly add penalty's to 3-4 man teams like lower damage output or higher damage to their props. This would balance it out for everyone else so they don't get instantly destroyed and gives them a better chance of survival." As you said yourself teams and players alone target the better teams, so if we take the damage down, and then the better team gets targeted by everyone, in a not trucing way, the 'better' team would be absolutely destroyed like those solo players you were talking about, where you make your boat is also a strategy, and people alone should just try to avoid boating right next to an entire team.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.