On Hold Currents

Discussion in 'Event Ideas' started by Decap, Nov 6, 2015.

?

Would you like to see a "Currents" event?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe/Not Sure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Decap

Decap Super Radman

Currents

• Once the water rises, currents will form which will push boats around the map
    • Depending on feedback, there could be ways of telling which way the currents will push you. I'd rather keep it as a surprise so people will not know which way they will be pushed around.
    • Some currents will push boats faster than others and some slower.
    • You won't always be caught in a current, sometimes you will get lucky and be able to stay in one spot. But getting caught in a current will usually mean you will not be able to get out of it.
    • Here is a quick diagram of the flow of currents:
      [​IMG]
    • Currents could go diagonally as well (Donkie pls confirm)
    • Current directions would change each time played. Just because you go one way from a certain spot one time, doesn't mean you will go the same way next time.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Lucas Hood

Lucas Hood former Sylar

This is a great idea, it sounds pretty good and I like the idea of moving around the map etc. Can really change the tide of the fight. Nice idea Decap.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Decap

Decap Super Radman

I see what you did there.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. SilverMario

SilverMario Golden

Wouldn't it be super hard to stay on your boat, just like using a harpoon? I love the idea, I just don't want to get ripped off my boat.

5. Decap

Decap Super Radman

Not sure really, Donkie said it was possible. It will be up to him to code a rough draft of sorts to see if it would work correctly. I would think it would though because when you use a harpoon, you are pulling yourself first then the boat you are on. The currents should push the boat first then you with it. Think of how thrusters work (or did work, not sure if they are fixed yet), as long as you aren't going super fast, usually you can stay on your boat pretty well. However that is part of the struggle with this mode. You should build your boat accordingly so that you have safeguards to keep you from falling off of it in case the current is to fast. One thing I've done before is use the wooden posts and have them slightly above your boat all the way around so that you will run into the post and no fall off.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Decap

Decap Super Radman

Bump, does anyone still like this idea or should it be scrapped?