Daredevil Season 2

Discussion in 'Interests' started by Decap, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Decap

Decap Super Radman

Love this show last year, Kingpin was great. We get Punisher and Elektra this time.​

• Like Like x 1
  2. Immy

Immy Dedicated Member Gold VIP Silver VIP

Oh yeah I saw this yesterday, can't wait loved the first season.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rollie

Rollie Devine Member Gold VIP

Hyped

4. Decap

Decap Super Radman

I just finished watching season 2. Semi-spoilers ahead, don't click if you don't want to know.

So I enjoyed it for the most part. Some very compelling plot points and it sort of reminded me of the Dark Knight trilogy. Kingpin being Ras al-Ghul saying the city needs to be reborn (from season 1). Punisher being the Joker character at times saying things like "You're only one bad day away from being me". Daredevil being Batman saying he needs to save his city. I had some trouble keeping up with the story's twists and turns though. It didn't really feel like there was much of a build up at times. Then the ending felt very lackluster, not that is was a bad ending, but just that it wasn't a very satisfying one. We didn't get a very big reveal of any kind, it just felt like another twist that we will have to wait another year to get pulled into again. So if you like plot twists, this is the show for you. The fight scenes are well choreographed, some of the best I've seen. Very gory at times, way more than in season 1. All in all, I give this season a 7.5/10.

5. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Veteran Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Liked season 1 a lot better. I was so hyped for Punisher but the episodes seemed to blur together and the character itself played off as mush. 4.9/10

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2016
  6. The_Eboler

The_Eboler Active Member

I love Daredevil, I'm at the 5th episode of season 2 now. I think the fight scenes are just amazing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Decap

Decap Super Radman

I put your post in spoiler tags. Please do that next time.
    I kind of agree, the first 4 episodes were full of Punisher goodness. Then it switched over to Elektra and The Hand and it got kind of confusing. That story and the Punishers storyline were blurred together in a not so good way.

8. Mapplesauce

Mapplesauce twentyseven character title

I've been watching season 1, I'm on episode 4. Its pretty nice, I read daredevil born again and man without fear and I'm pretty satisfied with how it turned out. There are times where it strays quite a bit but for the most part it's faithful.

Once I finish watching it, I can properly evaluate it or something. Season 2 adapts "daredevil: born again" I believe which was fucking awesome until the second half/end which was executed poorly and was way too bland of a resolution IMO. Utilized dumb plot devices and conflict was turned over itself. One of my biggest peeves is that kingpin as an excellent villain to juxtaposition Matt was regarded as essentially useless later in the comic.

I won't be very happy to see elektra. At least in the man without fear comic, she was essentially utilized as a fucking plot device and nothing more. The issue with the author is that he can write characters really well as shown in Matt Murdock and Kingpin but everu other character is cast aside as a dumb plot device or a cliche archetype. The girl at the end of man without fear is a huge example of this, she wasn't significant or even mentioned at all after that incident.

I still really like daredevil anyway, probably because it's reminiscent of my favorite work of fiction ever (berserk).

I'm curious to see if the writers for the show will attempt to fix the flaws.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016