Dawson – Re-Introduction [2.33-Year Absence]

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Dawson, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Dawson

Dawson Veteran Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Good Guy Bufo#0933
    Hi everyone.

Several of you are likely already acquainted with me through some means (via in person, word of mouth, etc.). But for those who have no idea who I am, my name is Dawson.

I was previously an Admin-level staff member who assisted with server and community affairs along with helping out in ways with database configurations (e.g., balancing props, configuring accessory positions) and idea generation. It was a fun experience and, with time and incremental involvement, I am hopeful to eventually return to contributing to development -- a means to give back to everyone in the community.

Sometime during the summer of 2017 when multi-directional tensions piqued to a tempest between notable members, myself and other staff in the community, it was mutually agreed upon -- as a polite euphemism -- that I would relieve myself of my position and take time away. Until today, my leave lasted a duration of 2.33 years, wherein I respectfully kept my distance.

Many discrepancies and rash decisions were made by all of us. I sincerely apologize for choice actions / decision making derived from my doing. Equivalently, I forgive all prior actions, un-pleasantries, and other negative attitudes -- unconditionally.

Retrospectively, while not the reason behind all negative matters that may have incurred, I attribute some of my prior difficulties in upholding collective thought processing and handling conflict to concurrent life stressors that were more in full force during my involvement from 2014 to 2017. Without going into explicit detail, 'stressors' implied 1) dealing with / performing in at-time new undergraduate research campus environment; (2) coping with absence of immediate friends-family in area; and (3) coping with an at-the-time recently deceased family member.

Thank you for everyone's moment of undivided consideration and time. I hope to gradually re-integrate myself at a pace deemed comfortable and easy-going for everyone whom may be concerned, for I intend to be patient. Have a nice morning / afternoon / evening.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • D'aww D'aww x 1
  2. Sotori

Sotori Flooderator Inc. Staff Member Community Manager Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Welcome back :heart:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. counter

counter Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    co#2858
    :heart:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. jeffreythe00

jeffreythe00 Dreamer

Welcome Back Dawson! I hope you feel better and I hope you'll enjoy your time here again :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • D'aww D'aww x 1
  5. Dawson

Dawson Veteran Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Good Guy Bufo#0933
    Ah, glad to see you're still around! Yes, yes, thank you; I will enjoy my time here again. : ]

As stated before, I'm going to give things time to settle naturally, as it's only been less than 24 hours since spontaneously re-materializing

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    • D'aww D'aww x 1
  6. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Veteran Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Having you back makes this feel like home again :plushplush:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. jeffreythe00

jeffreythe00 Dreamer

I just pop in here and there, I'm mostly a bystander nowadays. You do whatever makes you feel at home. I really mean it, I just want you and everyone else to be happy :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • D'aww D'aww x 1
  8. †Zzoppa†

†Zzoppa† Lolist Contributor Silver VIP Bronze VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Zzoppa #1148
    :angel:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Firedraft

Firedraft Devine Member Silver VIP