Modification Explosives

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod: Flood' started by Starhead, Jun 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starhead

Starhead Member

For Flood, I think we should get rid of the explosives, because they are flat out overpowered compared to the others, like crossbow, awp, etc. Bazooka, grenades, and stuff like that can go. I mean, if we built ships and stuff, sure, but our boats can't handle that stuff well, and other weapons already permeate most boats, especially golden gun. Maybe increase the damage of the weapons if explosives are gone, but if not, I am totally fine with that. Either we nerf the explosives or take em out. Let's hear what you guys think.

2. Csweetlove

Csweetlove Active Member

your saying if we remove explosives , increase weapon damage , thats gonna be the same thing but changing it , in my opinion explosives are fine at the moment , maybe increasing the price of them to stop a influx of players buying them , That could be a better approach , I guess they are just a goal to get , but i agree with increasing their price.

3. counter

counter Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    co#2858
    Well, we're thinking about adding replacements for the HL2 Grenade and possibly modify its damage/ammo capacity as well.

4. ArrayZ_LSD

ArrayZ_LSD Bounty Hunter Platinum VIP

I think the explosives are completely fine at the moment, they can do lots of damage but that's why they're priced high. If explosives are causing that big of a problem then switch up your boat design! Plenty of them can hold out well against explosive weapons.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Starhead

Starhead Member

Idk which ones can because all my props get devastated by those damn bazookas D:

6. Taki'Asha

Taki'Asha Community Member

2 words: Bookcase. Boat.

7. Decap

Decap Super Radman

Is it that you don't know how to use the explosives correctly yourself? Things tend to seem op to people when they cannot get the same results when they do it. We won't be removing any explosives, in fact we have plans to add more. The trick is to make sure it's all balanced so that no one person or team can just destroy everyone else with the explosives.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. IceSeasons

IceSeasons Dedicated Member

I am in support of having explosives in the server. Although they can really pack a punch and deal an enormous amount of damage to a player's boat, I feel that it gives the player more variety within the weapon selection and provide them an ideal weapon to use against certain types of boats. Of course, explosives can knock out a player from the round quickly and it can frustrate them at times, but it takes quite a bit of aiming and precision to get the perfect shot.

I think in the near future, when newer weapons are introduced into the gamemode, we can possibly look into re-balancing the current weapons in order to make sure that there isn't a weapon too overpowered to use for the regular users. As of now, I think the current set-up should be fine. Those are my two cents on this topic. :)

EDIT:
    A bit of phrasing error there. :p

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  9. Starhead

Starhead Member

I don't have a problem it, I can pitch a perfect shot no problem. But it is a little overpowered from what I think.

10. IceSeasons

IceSeasons Dedicated Member

Haha, I can understand from that point of view. The damage done by explosives can be huge (sometimes around 300+) and special weapons like the bazooka can have the chance to even unweld the props together. Although explosives can be a hassle to some of the users, especially the newcomers, due to its high damage and nature, I am confident that the staff administration will rebalance the damage of the weapons in due time once new content have been released to the servers.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Decap

Decap Super Radman

They used to be OP, the grandes packed a punch of 50HP per prop which was brought down to 25.

12. jeffreythe00

jeffreythe00 Dreamer

I'll make a guide explaining how to protect your boat from explosives. Its very easy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.