Fix the truce rule.

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod: Flood' started by SilverMario, Jun 13, 2017.

1. SilverMario

SilverMario Golden

Okay the truce rule is just plain dumb. If you're not allowed to truce as a solo player, most likely you will get destroyed because a team of 3 or 4 is dominating the server. Let me propose to you a change to the rule.

"You cannot truce if you're on a team, players who are not on a team can truce with each other.
    A) Teams cannot truce with solo players, the team will be punished.
    B) Teams are defined as anyone on the in-game team
    C) A player who is on a team but is the only member of their team may still truce with other players who are alone."

Give me feedback.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  2. The Gaming Bean

The Gaming Bean Dedicated Member

I don't think trucing should be allowed at all. You could have 4 people on a mega truce alliance that would then take out 2 player teams. Then they all turn on each other and get more money maybe like a 3v1 then 2v1 then 1v1. It just doesn't seem fair.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Clyde

Clyde Active Member

If you're going to truce with someone why not just make a team with them.

• Agree Agree x 8
  4. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Veteran Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Was going to say this exactly. I like more of what @Rollie has been suggesting for the past year and a half better, just nerf the team's prop limit.

• Like Like x 2
  5. SilverMario

SilverMario Golden

Because team cap sizes are dumb? If a player joins with 2 of his friends but teams of 2 are only allowed, he's going to truce. It's a stupid rule and it's just causing people to be banned for no reason. Players without a team should be able to truce. Why should players without a team not be able to truce? Who wants to play on a server where the team of 4 in the server is always winning because you can't truce with other solos?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Wolfgang

Server:
    Flood
    He meant player trucing with player not player trucing with team

7. SilverMario

SilverMario Golden

Because they didn't make a team? People don't like being on a team and just like solo playing. Why should they not be allowed to truce if they're alone with other players alone?

8. Wolfgang

Server:
    Flood
    The problem with that is if we indulge in any type of trucing, everyone seems to just start. Not sure who said it could have been Decap or Rick but it was along the lines of "You can have all trucing or none at all". I think it's easier to just let a player go and make a team, I don't understand the negatives of making a team instead two solo players trucing.

9. SilverMario

SilverMario Golden

Because they like trucing? And in the end they will just shoot each other till one dies. It doesn't hurt to allow normal players to truce.

Players don't like teaming, i know i don.t

10. Wolfgang

Server:
    Flood
    Apparently does since the rule used to be exactly what you are proposing right now. I was still a junior back when they opted to ban trucing altogether, so I'm foggy on the details leading to the decision but like I said it had to do with the fact that when normal players started trucing legally it caused team players to truce illegally.

11. SilverMario

SilverMario Golden

People will truce right now as like a solo next to a team, that's still against the rules. But having a lot of solo players say something like "Shoot at end" doesn't cause any harms and stops teams from dominating servers.

12. Clyde

Clyde Active Member

The thing about any players trucing is they have a wider range of props if they truce, unlike teams do.

13. SilverMario

SilverMario Golden

So? The fact that almost every single prop has a limit is dumb anyway, why does almost EVERY prop need a limit? Like why limit paint buckets if they're useless? The fact you can have a wider range of props won't matter if it's you and someone you're trucing with versus a team of 3.

I just am tired of seeing so many players kicked/banned because of trucing, plus being in a truce isn't as good as being on a team. It will also lead to player having to shoot their friend at some point if they both live so they don't delay the round. This is will also allow players who join with like 3-4 friends while the team limit is 2 to actually enjoy the server without being banned.

14. jeffreythe00

jeffreythe00 Dreamer

The trucing rule works but, only just. Many many people still truce despite it being a rule and many people get banned for it. However, the alternative to not having it, keeps the rule on the board. It does seem to keep *most* people in check.

I still do feel like it's a very tacky rule and I really do dislike it. However I'm not going to argue about changing the rule since there really isn't an alternative. If there was, myself or someone else would have already thought of it.

Edit: I support changing the rule but only if it can stop teams from dominating the server.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  15. C.L

C.L Anonymous Alcoholic

No just no. If your alone and cant handle yourself just team up, simple as that

16. Rick

Rick female nipple Gold VIP

Looking forward to 12 "solo" russian players taking over the server

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. SilverMario

SilverMario Golden

Most likely since like 1% of russians read the rules, this won't be that big of a deal. Also it's will still be impossible to take over a server and coordinate with 12 people, who after shooting everyone else alive, will right after have to shoot each other.

But if we don't change this rule, can we at least nerf how many props teams can have? A team of 4 will most likely never go down with the amount of props they have.

18. Rick

You want to give a team of 4 players less props than a solo player? This will just encourage the people that would've made a team of 4 to be a truce of 4 players or more.

After thinking about it you would still have an advantage as a team as you could use rooms and trucers would all be pushed into the spawn area. But I don't think that would be enough to stop teams of 4 or more players taking up a room.

To be honest we could just up the team cap instead or giving trucers a huge advantage. It's much better to just lower the prop limit to give teams less of an advantage.

Solo player:
    Can probably afford like 8 or so props to still make a profit
    Firepower of one person

Truced team of 4:
    Can afford 8 props each for a total of 32 props
    Firepower of four people

Team of 4:
    COULD afford 8 props each, but capped at 16
    Firepower of 4 people

If we lowered the prop limit to 14 or maybe even lower teams would become a lot more balanced and likely allow for a higher team cap, because firepower isn't the only issue with the power of teams.

Team of 7:
    14 props (Can still be defeated with explosives ect)
    7 times the firepower

Team of 10:
    14 props (Can still be defeated with explosives)
    10 times the firepower
    Imagine 10 people trying to fit on 14 props that keep decreasing. Not only would they not be able to get a line of sight to shoot

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  19. SilverMario

SilverMario Golden

Yeah I don't know why you wouldn't allow unlimited team sizes with setting like a max team prop limit to a lower amount. 14 seems like a low number and rounds would end quickly.

Like have teams of 4 only allowed 24 props.
    Teams of 5 only allow 22
    Teams of 6 only allow 20
    Teams of 7 only allow 18
    and teams of 8+ only allow 16.

This could defeat the stupid trucing rule if we allowed team sizes to be bigger.

20. Rick

I was told the current prop limit is 16? Is that wrong?