1. Hello Guest, if you need help, wish to post feedback regarding our community/servers/staff or report game-breaking bugs, you're free to do so here.
    Dismiss Notice

Flood is pretty much unplayable for me (Resolved)

Discussion in 'Feedback & Support' started by Decap, Apr 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Decap

Decap Super Radman

I brought this up in the last conference and it seems like I'm the only one with this issue. It's been happening for about a month now and it's getting gradually worse. I used to be able to play fine with small amounts of lag. Now it's so bad I can't attempt to play. When I look towards the center of the map, my game gets MASSIVE amount of lag and frame drops. @Donkie assumed it was when I'm looking at the whole map and all of the props, no this isn't the case. It's when I'm looking at the center of the map, you know, the part where the invisible waterfall sounds are. I can't play like this, I've changed my setting numerous different ways and it doesn't help. I suggest we take out this waterfall sound or whatever it is because I'm 99% positive it's causing the problem. Besides why would we need a sound like that if there is no water actually falling anywhere. Not to mention you can only hear it if you're standing near it.

Here is a demo, tho it seems when a demo is recording, the frame drops aren't nearly as bad for some reason, but they are still happening.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/t3szatt4bf62ave/1.dem

2. Donkie

Donkie Founder & Senior Developer Platinum VIP

Discord:
    Donkie#2878
    When you get the lags, try doing "stopsound" in console.

3. Decap

Decap Super Radman

It's stops the waterfall sound but not the frame drops.

4. Decap

Decap Super Radman

Through a lot of trial and error, Donkie helped me figure out that the frame drops are due to my GPU being sub-par and not being able to handle things as well. I decided to just reduce my resolution a little to help ease the load. Looks like an upgrade is in my near future.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Alex

Alex Mouth from the South

I have a lot of the same probelms with frame drops with some of the game-modes.. Sometimes the server almost completely crashes. The Rope round needs to be taken out .... it causes me SO MUCH LAG.

6. Decap

Decap Super Radman

Rope round is going to be changed so that you can only rope so many times on one prop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.