Flood round Data / How to maximize your bank made

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod: Flood' started by Rick, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Rick

Rick female nipple Gold VIP

I was recently given some data from Bayrock (That was technically public) of the results of flood rounds. Here is some analysis of this data. I would very much like suggestions on what analysis to do and what you would like to see.

When should you play the server?
    Below is a graph of average profit per round (Y) against number of players on the server (X)

[​IMG]

Obviously this means that the ideal time to play the server is when there are 8 or so players. However more people means longer rounds, so you should ideally play according to the graph below, which takes into account how long rounds are.

[​IMG]

So play with as few players as you can, the rounds are quicker and so you earn more money, you double your profits by playing on servers with fewer players!

Big boat or small boat?
    Should you spend a lot of money in the hopes you'll make bank and win the round? Or buy a few props and rely on grenades? Below is a graph of profit against money spent.

[​IMG]

It's pretty linear until you start getting into the margins that teams spend on boats, and the difference in tactics starts to go up.

[​IMG]

Above is a more general version, the Goldilocks zone is about $4000 - $6000 so aim to spend about that much.

Lone wolf or team player?
    The age old question: should you work as a team or go solo? Below is the graph of average profits for each size of team.

[​IMG]

So yes, you should always team as a general rule.

Veterancy: Can a new player earn as much as an older player?

Technically, there isn't much difference in the amount older accounts earn compared to newer ones, as shown below where the playerID is plotted against the about earned.

[​IMG]

Older accounts earn on average more, but newer accounts earn less, as they likely don't have access to all the weapons etc.

What DOES matter is your playerlevel. Here's the graph for that against average profit.

[​IMG]

Players with a very high level earn nearly 3x what a newer player might earn.

TLDR: Play with as few players as you can, spend between $4k-$6k with a team of 4 people and have as high a level as possible.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. The Gaming Bean

The Gaming Bean Dedicated Member

Instructions not clear. Boat stuck in a toaster.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. jeffreythe00

jeffreythe00 Dreamer

Levels are meaningless if the people you teamed with don't pull their weight.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Legacy™

Legacy™ Dedicated Member

Also another tip on how to make money EVERY round , make free boats and find a nice spot to chill in where you wont be hit by alot of people.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Expanix

Expanix Community Member

This is useful as hell. Thanks man!

6. TheDrunkenRage

TheDrunkenRage Member

We could concentrate on making like some little tips and tricks pop-ups so that new players can have a basic idea of what type of boat to go for. I remember my first joining session, i think i made a failure every singel round for like an hour because i didn't know what to build. So to make it more Newbie friendly increases the playerbase significantly as the new players have a fair chance. Maybe make a button in the settings menu to turn it off if you feel like you got a hang of it. What do you guys think?

7. SilverMario

SilverMario Golden

A lot of props have descriptions that give you a good idea what to use them for. You can see this by overlapping the prop in the spawn menu. We don't need to add tricks and stuff otherwise we'll see the same boats over and over and over and over again.

8. TheDrunkenRage

TheDrunkenRage Member

That's true, but i don't mean give them a complete boat instruction, but like give them some general idea of how to build one. Most props Do have Descriptions about them but for a new member they most of the time don't really make sense. When i say new i mean like first/second time on the server, if you catch my drift?

9. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Veteran Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Sounds like your suggesting a tutorial, this was a thing a while back and it didn't work out too well :tears: @Legacy™

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Legacy™

Legacy™ Dedicated Member

L000000000000000l please don't remind me of that :oops:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. RoRo

RoRo Member Platinum VIP Gold VIP

Hahah or just use explosives and wreck the biggest boats you can find to earn that cash flow xD!