Idea Flood seasonal

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod: Flood' started by jeffreythe00, Oct 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeffreythe00

jeffreythe00 Dreamer

Hello everyone!!

I'd like to suggest something that I believe a lot of people would be interested in. This suggestion is called "Flood Seasonal". So what exactly is it, and what would it do for you as a player?

• Flood seasonal will be just like our current servers, except on these servers you will be competing with other players for ranks/levels on the leaderboards and "non-seasonal" data will be completely separate.
    • When you first join a seasonal server, you will be treated as a new player. As you play, you'll level up, just as you do now on flood.
    • When the season ends (Every few months), your Rank/Level will be immortalized on our seasonal leaderboards for everyone to see.

This will keep flood in a fresh state and allow us to do experimental modifications to props, weapons and add "other" features that could otherwise ruin the balance of our "current" servers.

Please give me your feedback on this and if there is anything you'd like to see added or improved, please don't hesitate to post it.

Additional info:
    • VIP Purchases should be carried over to seasonal.
    • Anything you earn in seasonal "should" carry to non-seasonal (This "might" not be possible right away).
    • Seasonal players could earn special achievements and/or other rewards for playing.
    • Top ranked players could potentially receive prizes.
    • Experimental features "could" make their way to flood "non-season"

• Like Like x 4
  2. Seboo23

Seboo23 Educated Weaboo

I absolutely support this it seems like a great idea however, maybe you should make it so every 3 weeks a new season starts, just so some people won't get too overpowered, 3 weeks seem like a reasonable time for everyone to get a chance to be the season's champion I guess.

3. jeffreythe00

jeffreythe00 Dreamer

Seasonal time is debatable but 3 weeks is far too short and not everyone will be champion no matter how short we make it. It's not meant to be a tournament, just another way to make Flood less mundane.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Seth

Seth That Guy Platinum VIP Gold VIP

I would participate in this idea and I give my full support for it. I also believe that right now, players should recieve a prize, maybe an amount of cash for the top ten ranked people, depending on how many people total do it, maybe just the top 3. The prize would vary in greatness the higher rank/level you got.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. jeffreythe00

jeffreythe00 Dreamer

I'd personally buy Silver VIP for the top rank for the first season winner (Assuming it gets implemented). To be 100% fair, I think Admin+ should be excluded from winning the prize. Sorry guys, you're just too damn good :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Viral

Viral Devinity's Finest Forger Staff Member Server Moderator Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    This idea gets my support, I myself sometimes get bored of "Casual" flood and would like a "Competitive" experience CS:GO Jokes Hehe.... Kill me now It would bring an aspect of just making a small and simple prop to save money wouldn't be effective and you would have to spend money instead of save it for better weapons, In my opinion that is.
    Positives :
    Brings a new experience to flood
    The idea of a prize would entice people to "compete" and maybe bring a new community of flood into devinity since it would be a unique idea (Correct me if another server has done this)
    A few members clearly want this implemented (Including me) and I assume other members of the community who have not already posted wouldn't mind this being a thing, Since the other servers would still be available to play as well for just "casual" flood.
    Separate
    Databases, This makes it a fresh start like you stated and give everyone a reason to grind, and not be bored of the same "I've got everything so there's no reason for me to play other than to get tokens" (Not saying anyone does this, Just some people may think this after "Completing" flood by getting all the guns, Levels Etc).

Negatives :
    You haven't stated whether this would be Solo or Teaming would be allowed, I assume Teaming would be enabled as a feature just like regular flood but considering it's "Competitive" maybe it should be solo (Just my opinion).

Overall : I am giving my full support to this idea and hope that such a thing will be implemented, It's a unique idea and I think it would be very enjoyable for everyone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Veteran Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Do cosmetics get kept?

8. jeffreythe00

jeffreythe00 Dreamer

I would *really* like to see people keep everything they earn on flood seasonal. However I'm not sure if combining the database tables is even possible without a bunch of work or causing issues.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.