Flood Suggestions [Archived]

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod: Flood' started by Bayrock, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Decap

Decap Super Radman

I like the idea of a bounty system, but I believe you guys are going about it all wrong. Why not have the bounty take affect during a pirate round. Lets say after 5-6 back to back wins, it will trigger a pirate round. Once the round starts, the person/team that had all of those wins would have a bounty marker above their head, in the tab menu, or both. Bounties will start at $1000 for an individual or $1000 divided by the number of people in the team. So if a bounty team has two people, each person would be worth $500. If the bounty kills someone with their crowbar, the bounty increases by $100. The only way to claim the bounty on someone is to kill them with a crowbar. If the bounties are still alive at the end of the round, no one gets the bounty.

2. cornpie

cornpie Member

But then it doesn't solve the two problems that I suggested it to improve upon... Additionally, more then one team can win a game Decap so we would have a whole of a hell lot more pirate rounds. You keep messing up my suggestions!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  3. Decap

Decap Super Radman

I'm talking about people who solely win, not win when the time runs out. So no, it wouldn't cause a whole lot of pirate rounds. They would have to win 5 or 6 consecutive back to back rounds being the only winners. So if the time runs out on a round and there are multiple survivors left, the win tally would be reset to 0. Also, I'm not messing up your suggestions, I'm simply putting in my own ideas. I even said I like the idea of a bounty system. Stop taking this stuff so seriously sheesh.

4. cornpie

cornpie Member

You tell me to stop being serious the one time I'm joking. :)

5. Dawson

Dawson Veteran Member Platinum VIP

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Good Guy Bufo#0933
    I think it would be a nice touch to the map if light gradients were applied to the water. That is to say, the further down a player swims the more murky and dark the waters become. Since forever the canals apparently sport the cleanest, most pristine water on the planet!

[​IMG]
    It would also be neat to see water particles pour out of the canal's drainage pipes during flooding segments.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Decap

Decap Super Radman

I like that idea Dawson, but if it gets implemented, there should be an option to turn it off for people who don't have the pc power for it all.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dawson

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Good Guy Bufo#0933
    I found an interesting Workshop tool several weeks ago: Mesh Cloth. It allows the player to "create cloths and nets that have proper cloth physics." It comes with materials (most of which are crap, unfortunately) and has edit-friendly settings such as: (1) Quality, (2) Net / Cloth toggle, (3) Width, and (4) Height. The Mesh Cloth tool would be a spiffy bonus for supporters with the right edits to max size dimensions and material limitations.

I'd think that if health values were to be assigned for nets or cloth, each of their existing grids would amount to 1 HP.

[​IMG]

8. Dawson

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Good Guy Bufo#0933
    Am I part of a select few that's on board with the idea of dynamic environments? Because I really think that integrating Atmos with our Canals map would be an improvement in terms of introducing day & night transitions and changing weather. Regulars and newcomers would be able to view the map in fresh different ways as opposed to the same time scheme (circa 2:00 p.m. in the afternoon / 1400 hours with clear-as-can-be forecasts) day after day of server time.

Moderators, Admins, and Super Admins would have the ability to manipulate Atmos.

Since Atmos involves editing the sky, the Canals map would need to incorporate the following commands (for lack of proper terminology for coding):

Because not everyone can be pleased, it would be a good idea to throw in an option for users to freely toggle between having sky / weather effects ON or OFF on their side.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Dawson

Server:
    Flood
    Discord:
    Good Guy Bufo#0933
    @Bayrock and @Donkie, could I get your feedback about the ideas shared on post #205, #207, and #208?

10. Rick

Rick female nipple Gold VIP

This thread is now locked due to it being too cluttered and generally too difficult to follow.
    Players wishing to make suggestions about flood should now create individual threads, or look for previous threads that may suggest similar things.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.